First iPhone 8, Apple TV 4K, and Apple Watch Series 3 Orders Begin Shipping Out to Customers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, Apple TV 4K, and Apple Watch Series 3 orders began shipping out to customers today ahead of a promised delivery date on Friday, September 22, the official launch date for all of the devices.

Apple hasn't updated its order statuses from "Preparing for Shipment" just yet, but packages shipping via UPS are already in transit and can be tracked using a UPS My Choice account or in some cases, by reference number on the UPS website after inputting a phone number associated with an order.

As MacRumors forum members have discovered, many iPhone 8 and 8 Plus devices are shipping from Pennsylvania, while some Apple Watch and Apple TV 4K orders are coming from China. Official shipment notifications from Apple should start going out soon. Not all orders are trackable just yet.

Pre-orders for the three devices started on Friday, September 15 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time, and initial orders shifted to preparing for shipment across Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

While newly released iPhone models often sell out following pre-orders, supplies of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are plentiful. SIM-free and some T-Mobile models are listing shipping dates of one to two weeks for home delivery, but are readily available for in-store pickup. Other models remain in stock.

Launch day supplies in retail stores around the world should also be largely available, and the traditional stock shortages and long lines that we generally see before an iPhone launch aren't likely to happen with the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.

As for the Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular functionality, that's harder to come by. LTE Series 3 Apple Watches have largely sold out at this point and won't ship out for a good three to four weeks. Non-LTE models remain in stock.

The new Apple TV 4K is also a bit more limited than the new iPhone models, and orders placed now won't be delivered until October, with the 64GB model harder to come by than the 32GB model.

The first Apple Watch Series 3, Apple TV 4K, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus orders will begin arriving to customers on Friday, September 22, with customers in Australia and New Zealand being the first to get their hands on the new devices.

Article Link: First iPhone 8, Apple TV 4K, and Apple Watch Series 3 Orders Begin Shipping Out to Customers

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
If these orders arrive on launch day, I'm not lining up for the X (if I order).

Tommys81

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2017
1-2 weeks with Vodafone. Optus delivers from 28th September here in Australia.

iFixIt will be all over this one. Everyone wants to know exactly how i "they can fool" FaceID
Ummmm Face ID is not on the 8.....only on the X we will have to wait till the end of October from ifixit about " they can fool" face ID

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
I am going to be ordering an X, but I did try to do a mock order and noticed, an order placed now, I could pick up an 8+ on the 22nd at an of the 5 apple stores in twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. Either the bulk of the orders will be for X here or the iPhone upgrade cycle is cooling as prices have gone up or people are just not impressed with the incremental improvements. I would say that would be the same case for Samsung seeing the free Samsung gear they are giving away with their phones. Lower cost Android phones from Chinese companies will be increasing their market share not just in developing countries but in the west too. It is a bit premature but around thanks giving we will have a very good sense of Apples revenue for the next 2 quarters.

Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Now time to watch all the people post the loops it takes for the ones that get to the destination distribution centers before release.

MacManiac1

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Pittsburgh
My iPhone is sitting in a warehouse in Harrisburg PA. They are of course waiting until Friday to deliver it to me. Frustrating since I am only about 200 miles away!

Reactions: BenGieCruz

CarlJ

macrumors 68040
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
iFixIt will be all over this one. Everyone wants to know exactly how i "they can fool" FaceID
Isn't it going to be kind of hard to fool FaceID on an iPhone 8?
[doublepost=1505709361][/doublepost]
My iPhone is sitting in a warehouse in Harrisburg PA. They are of course waiting until Friday to deliver it to me. Frustrating since I am only about 200 miles away!
You might get it sooner, that's been known to happen.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Can't wait for that usual guy who purposely smashes their new iPhone outside the store.
HAHAHA. It's a tradition now. iSmash. Or better yet, durability test. I'm sure you know what that is. :)
[doublepost=1505711688][/doublepost]
judging by these threads, e v e r y b o d y is waiting on the X
;)

i kinda think Apple has made this year's iPhone launch last 2 months instead of a couple of weeks.
FF, i think mac pro users are anticipating for that modular as much as x buyers. Many of us would be .....well...it's gonna be that"Black Friday" event.