Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
MagSafe is ugly! Please Apple, remove it.

Well - at least you have an LED to let you know if it's getting electricity with MagSafe.

Compare to charging a closed MacBook Pro with USB C. You have no way of telling if your power supply is plugged into the wall or not, or if your MacBook Pro is being charged! That was bad. Welcome Back MagSafe.

lowkey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
australia
Well - at least you have an LED to let you know if it's getting electricity with MagSafe.

Compare to charging a closed MacBook Pro with USB C. You have no way of telling if your power supply is plugged into the wall or not, or if your MacBook Pro is being charged! That was bad. Welcome Back MagSafe.
Sure you did. you could just pull the cable out, plug it back in and it would chime to tell you it's charging. single use ports used to be a thing of the past... ?

• Haha
Reactions: Rashy and souko

hybra

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
“hell”

Lol

Reminds me of this:

Imagine you go to heaven and get a Windoz PC

hybra

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
I have no problem with the notch on the MacBook Pro. I think I will have a problem though if the rumors of a white notch on the 2022 MacBook (Air) come to fruition.
why? white menu bar and dark mode below

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Sure you did. you could just pull the cable out, plug it back in and it would chime to tell you it's charging. single use ports used to be a thing of the past... ?

That chime does not always work, in my experience at least - muted maybe?. What if the plug falls out of the socket midway through charging because the dog tripped over it? And When is it done charging?

With MagSafe, you can see the charging status at a glance and your mission critical mobile DJ music making or whatever won’t suffer from a low battery surprise.

JackNL

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2020
Netherlands
The fullscreen behavior on the new MBP is much nicer than how Apple was handling it before!

I always hated when my cursor got too close to the top of the screen it would constantly shift up and down to show the menubar.

View attachment 1878546
Personally I would like to have the menu bar always active, also in full-screen mode. Is that an option maybe?

ice29

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2016
Switzerland
Wow, the thickness difference is pretty significant :) That is my only concern with the 16"... (waiting for mine to arrive this Friday) coming from M1 Air...
I would give my left kidney for 15/16" Macbook Air :)

ANDJOE

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Not sure when Apple went from normal to massive trackpad, I find it ridiculous. No need for it to be so close to the front of the laptop, that's my main problem with it, I want somewhere for my palm to rest.
The trackpads have palm rejection, it knows the difference between fingers and a resting palm. So plop that bad boy right on the trackpad Kerr. You are going to be alright.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Just tried both at the Apple Store. I have a 15” macbook pro from 2016.

The new 16” is HUGE and so heavy. I mean I don’t mind thr thickness but it’s really heavy. This reminds me of the old school 17” ones.

I can appreciate Apple is catering for Pros but I think with the 16” they went too far. It’s not really portable in my opinion since it’s too heavy.

The 14” feels great but I’m just afraid I’ll miss the old 15”. Decisions

By the way the notch didn’t bothered me a thing which I though it would

Reactions: lowkey

Suxamethonium

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
Just tried both at the Apple Store. I have a 15” macbook pro from 2016.

The new 16” is HUGE and so heavy. I mean I don’t mind thr thickness but it’s really heavy. This reminds me of the old school 17” ones.

I can appreciate Apple is catering for Pros but I think with the 16” they went too far. It’s not really portable in my opinion since it’s too heavy.

The 14” feels great but I’m just afraid I’ll miss the old 15”. Decisions

By the way the notch didn’t bothered me a thing which I though it would
I've come from a 15" MacBook Pro via a 13" M1 MBA and now onto the 14" MacBook Pro. Personally I like the 14" size, but part of that was I always found the 15" just slightly too big (loved the real estate, was less keen on the size in my bag) and the 13" was okay but a bit small. So for me the 14" size is perfect.

My first MacBook Pro was the old school 14" model so that size has always seemed just right to me (that's not to say that 16" display isn't pretty!)

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I've come from a 15" MacBook Pro via a 13" M1 MBA and now onto the 14" MacBook Pro. Personally I like the 14" size, but part of that was I always found the 15" just slightly too big (loved the real estate, was less keen on the size in my bag) and the 13" was okay but a bit small. So for me the 14" size is perfect.

My first MacBook Pro was the old school 14" model so that size has always seemed just right to me (that's not to say that 16" display isn't pretty!)
Yeah I feel you. I know it's a simple thing, but my 15" Macbook Pro Touch Bar I can hold it with one hand, no way I can do that with the 16" 2021

I think it may look a bit weird at the beginning, but I think the 14" is the one that I'll go for.

I kid you not, the 16" is an absolute behemoth, it feels like the old 17"

phatspider

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2005

Attachments

• 3EDF0385-EE82-4A8C-BAA0-32FC65E4AE83.jpeg
    3EDF0385-EE82-4A8C-BAA0-32FC65E4AE83.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Love
Reactions: Rashy and Diskutant

synergize

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Yeah I feel you. I know it's a simple thing, but my 15" Macbook Pro Touch Bar I can hold it with one hand, no way I can do that with the 16" 2021

I think it may look a bit weird at the beginning, but I think the 14" is the one that I'll go for.

I kid you not, the 16" is an absolute behemoth, it feels like the old 17"
Might need to haul that 16 inch around in one of these.

Attachments

• travelers-choice-hardside-rolling-carryon.jpeg
    travelers-choice-hardside-rolling-carryon.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 36

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Now that I have my M1 Max 16" MBP in hand, I'm not sure what the fuss is all about with regards to the thickness. If anything, I find it rather svelte. I'm so enamored with this thing!

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Might need to haul that 16 inch around in one of these.

Now that I have my M1 Max 16" MBP in hand, I'm not sure what the fuss is all about with regards to the thickness. If anything, I find it rather svelte. I'm so enamored with this thing!
Not sure you can have it in a single hand due to the weight ?

But I agree, the thickness is totally fine for me too

Reactions: Rashy and klky
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.