First stock is Out!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BBman, Mar 9, 2012.

1. BBman macrumors member

All models are showing as "Ship by: March 19"

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Took longer than I thought to get to that point...but it sounds like Apple had a ton of stock. They've probably sold hundreds of thousands already.

3. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

Same here. I've been through them all, and this, by far has been the smoothest, from an ordering standpoint. Either they were a good bit ahead of schedule on production, or there wasn't as much demand this time.

Likely the first one. We'll see how things look to those who pre-ordered. Poor bastards are already freaking out in the preorder thread.

4. BBman thread starter macrumors member

It feels good knowing ill receive mine before the 19, almost feel vip.:D

5. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Whoa just checked every model so sold out and won't ship till the 19th. I guess you snooze you lose.

6. Radio macrumors 68000

7. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

There's a difference between receiving it on the 19th and it shipping on the 19th...

C

8. badpinoy macrumors regular

i wouldn't say that Apple i out of the first stock, but maybe they did push back shipping times.

[​IMG]

9. BBman thread starter macrumors member

are you including transit days? probably like 7 more painful days total after everyone else got theirs which isn't too bad.

10. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

they had stock this morning... must be payday :)

11. dskillzhtown macrumors newbie

Wow. I just got in. I ordered mine this morning with a delivery date of the 16th.

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not 3 days. Deliver by 3/16 is different than ship by 3/19.

13. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

does that mean if you ordered on the 7th (right after the keynote) and apple.com says "preparing for shipment" that you could possibly be bumped?

Everything I've read/received about my order says 3/16. No shipping info has been emailed to me yet though.

14. theshirlgirl macrumors member

I switched mine early this morning (canceled 16gb Verizon to order 32gb Verizon).

I doubt many people will cancel what they already have on preorder now to switch to a different model, but for all those not "prepared for shipping", they can still be canceled, freeing up stock.

Someone might luck out with good timing if they called the online store when somebody cancels an order...

15. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

No, only new ordered placed after the date change would be affected.

16. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

No, if you ordered when it said delivers by the 16th you should be fine. Apple does pretty well with controlling its inventory and moving shipments.

17. naturalstar macrumors regular

Exactly what I figured.

If the first stock didn't sell out by today I would have been concerned. Also, oddly enough, a number of people I talked to weren't aware that Apple was allowing pre-orders this year. They assumed it would be the same camp out session of the past years.

18. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

thansk onemike. the 16th is my wifes b-day and it's a b-day gift for her! I really want it to show up on that day! :D

I'm as excited to give it to her as she will be to receive!! (c'mon guys -- minds out of the gutter). :p

----------

thanks for your reply too!

I'm relatively new to apple devices having only owned a second-hand nano, an iPhone 4s as of november and now this iPad for my wife.

19. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Happy that mine (black 32gb wifi w/engraving) is showing "Shipped" with tracking and everything. Right now it's seeing the sights in Chengdu, China. It's all in the hands of UPS now.

20. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Any cancels are going to go towards people who have the March 19th date. Just push the freed unit down the line of many many orders already in.

21. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

You know what's weird, is that I had a black 16gb Wi-Fi model on order.
    (Ordered for my mom, and she decided she wanted an LTE model.)

So I called Apple and cancelled my order, since the Black 16gb Wi-Fi LTE AT&T model still shipped on march 16th.

I talked to the Rep on the phone and cancelled my order, told him the situation. I asked, just to be sure "Is there a way you can check stock availability? The website says the 16th, so I'm assuming that's a go." (This is already after I told him I'm cancelling for an LTE model /since they ship at the same time anyway./

He says "Nope, all iPads are now at 19th-20." I asked, even if your website states otherwise? "Yep."

Ok. So I asked if I can un-cancel my order, and he said nope. So he's pretty much telling me I missed out on the first batch and now have to wait for the 2nd. Oh well. I pre-ordered anyway, and it says that it's being delivered March 16th. Weird.

22. flexpinoy macrumors newbie

I have a 64gig Ipad 2 and ordered new Ipad yesterday. How much should I sell the Ipad 2 for?

23. deeddawg macrumors 603

As much as you can get.

Same advice as on any of the myriad "whats my ipad2 worth" threads - look at completed sales of the same model on ebay. Check what Apple is selling refurbs of that model for. Gauge an asking price from that.

24. mookgiants macrumors member

I don't think the first stock is out, I think it's just because of cutoff deadlines for being able to ship them out this weekend from china, and will have to wait until monday now to ship them so therefore you won't get them until the following monday. I bet on Tuesday the received date will be the 20th instead of the 19th