Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rudychidiac

Suspended
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Lebanon
Hi,
Yesterday when I turned on my MacBook Pro (mid 2015, retina) I noticed that the screen is exhibiting some kind of "vignette" around the display. The MacBook works perfectly except for the display. The white shades started to disappear gradually but left some marks, like burn ins. For example, if I open a photo for a minute and then open something with a black background (for example Terminal) the image persists for some time.

Things I've tried:
⌘+option+P+R
And ⌘ + D for hardware check.
None of these worked

I contacted apple support via chat and they asked me to send it to some authorised reseller since we have no apple stores in Lebanon, so I'm gonna take it for repair...

My question is: does anyone have any idea what caused this problem? Is the LCD panel damaged? Or it's something about the wires?

PS: i haven't dropped or spilled water on my mac, it's only a few months old...

Thank you!

IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG

Reactions: itsiveyy

Empyfree

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2017
Hi,
Yesterday when I turned on my MacBook Pro (mid 2015, retina) I noticed that the screen is exhibiting some kind of "vignette" around the display. The MacBook works perfectly except for the display. The white shades started to disappear gradually but left some marks, like burn ins. For example, if I open a photo for a minute and then open something with a black background (for example Terminal) the image persists for some time.

Things I've tried:
⌘+option+P+R
And ⌘ + D for hardware check.
None of these worked

I contacted apple support via chat and they asked me to send it to some authorised reseller since we have no apple stores in Lebanon, so I'm gonna take it for repair...

My question is: does anyone have any idea what caused this problem? Is the LCD panel damaged? Or it's something about the wires?

PS: i haven't dropped or spilled water on my mac, it's only a few months old...

Thank you!

View attachment 662758 View attachment 662760

How did you get on with your mac? Ours has started doing this today as well!

rudychidiac

Suspended
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Lebanon
How did you get on with your mac? Ours has started doing this today as well!

I ended up sending my MacBook to an authorised repair shop. I'm not sure what exactly they fixed/replaced but it took a few days... I couldn't ask them what they did...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.