FOR CANADIANS: Online order status / Store stock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chupathingy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. chupathingy macrumors newbie

-- I stole this from the ilounge forums, stats are exactlly the same --

Teknosnob wrote:

It seems like all Toronto stores think that they won't get anything in till the 28th, just wondering if anyone who has ordered the iTouch online has had their delivery status updated, as we now all know some if not all U.S. orders have or are currently being changed (shipped).

My order info:

IPOD TOUCH 8G PERS-CAN
    Ships by: Sep 28
    Delivers by: Oct 2 - Oct 5

Thanks!

-----------------------

My status is :

Not yet shipped
    IPOD TOUCH 8G PERS-CAN
    Ships by: Sep 28
    Delivers by: Oct 2 - Oct 5

2. g518 macrumors newbie

haha right...

Yea im in the same boat as you...i put the order in on the 5th as well...i am not impressed ONE bit with how this is handled...it is not fair that people can now just walk in and purchase one at the store when there are people who have already paid and waiting since the day it came out...the SAME thing happened when i preordered tiger! Not impressed apple...

3. Mookie442 macrumors newbie

Toronto Stores

Spoke to Sherway and Yorkdale stores. Neither one has iPod Touch stock in yet.

4. Sandock macrumors member

Ordered the same day, same shipping date, only I chose regular shipping, so my estimated delivery is October 9 - October 11.

On the other hand, the iPod Nano I ordered on the same day shipped and arrived last September 12, much earlier than the estimated shipping date I got when I placed a the order and got my confirmation. So I am pretty satisfied and suspect the same thing will happen when my iPod Touch finally ships.

It's the same thing here in Calgary, they don't expect the new iPod Touch to arrive till September 28.

I'm not disappointed at all. I am willing to wait than run down to the store and then find they have ran out of stock.

And since it hasn't shipped yet, I was not billed for my pre-order yet; I was only billed for the Nano.

No use in getting angry since you can just cancel if it ever gets into the store earlier.

5. chupathingy thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I newbie only thread so far. nice.

anyway, I keep setting myself up for disappointment because everytime I go out for 3 or 4 hours I think my status may have changed but no luck.

I'm kinda pissed at Apple for dropping the ball in so many ways with this launch.

6. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

I called Apple this morning, to change my shipping option (I had somehow hit the checkbox that says it's being shipped to a business). I called back again this afternoon, because the change hadn't been reflected on the website yet, and they updated me to two day shipping:

IPOD TOUCH 16G-CAN

Shipped by Sep 28
    Delivered by Oct 5

I was at Best Buy tonight, and they didn't have any of the new iPods (not even the classic or nano), but they did have a sign that they'd have them by the 16th - the sign had a picture of the touch on it as well as the others. So, I may stop by there Sunday (they're having a "Customer Appreciation Sale" anyway, so I might as well go). If they have one, I may pick one up and cancel my order.

7. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

i ordered a 16gb touch on the 5th of sept!

and it was updated

prepared for shipping

16gb

8. chupathingy thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so we have 1 Canadian order that is "Prepared for shipping". I guess it's good to note that it's a 16gig version.

9. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Ordered a Touch on September 7th, still stuck with 'Not Yet Shipped'. I did, however, get upgraded to Expedited shipping for free.

10. bklam macrumors regular

what did you complain about to get free upgrade?

11. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

I didn't complain at all. The reason I rang Apple Support was to ask about my credit card statement, and after a very brief dicussion I was allowed to choose any ipod accessory under $70 and was upgraded to Expedited shipping, free of charge.

BTW, if you ordered a Touch with engraving, expect it to take longer to process.

12. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

mine still says "not shipped yet". I phoned the local apple dealer in edm and they said there shipment was sent out today from apple....so if they get it first I will cancel my order.

13. sundayx macrumors member

Anyone know if they have them in stock in the Eaton Center store?

14. Mrjynx macrumors member

not yet shipped

i ordered mine Sep 5, 2007 at 12:32 PM PDT and it's still saying not yet shipped.

maybe i should call and complain! but it feels wrong doing that :)

15. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

they don't and the guys i spoke to said he won t be getting any until the 28th, but i don t believe that..I am actually thinking on drivin down to buffaloa nd getting one there, you still save around 50 bucks, gas included..

16. Dr. Who macrumors newbie

I don't believe that either. They're probably just told to say that because that is what the web site says. One person in this thread even says that their order status has changed which to me would indicate that the Apple stores should be getting them soon. Has anyone else had the status change? I was in Best Buy today in London, ON and the guy there told me the middle of October. I am not sure I buy that either, but we'll see. What upsets me is that people can buy them in the US already, and not even at an Apple Store, but a Best Buy!

17. Dr. Who macrumors newbie

18. chupathingy thread starter macrumors newbie

19. Brereton55 macrumors newbie

I used a US address to order from amazon.com (Got a 16gb with the money saved from Quebec tax). My friend used apple.ca

Its a race :)

20. hdhanani macrumors member

Ordered mine on Sept 8th at 12:55am and still not yet shipped. :eek:

Hopefully sometime this week the shipment will change...

21. Dr. Who macrumors newbie

Yeah, here is my prediction, not that it is worth anything. Canadian customers who ordered through apple.ca and have selected expedited shipping will have their orders shipped by Thursday or Friday of this coming week for delivery by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Any thoughts??

22. chupathingy thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be nice except for the fact that I'm on vacation and I have my ipod shipping to my work. Lame.

23. chupathingy thread starter macrumors newbie

Canceled

I just canceled my order.

I called to inquire about my order and got the same run around as usual. I told the girl that I know it is not her incompetence that is the problem but the company as a whole.

She then sent me a French cancellation email. That about says it all folks.

24. jockmock macrumors regular

If Apple has recognized the problems the touch have... then I'm certain we'll all have to wait a couple of weeks.

25. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Sherway Gardens is still saying they "ship at the end of the month" as of opening on Monday (the 17th).