Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When are you selling your iphone X?

• ASAP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 month before release

• 2 weeks before release

• Total voters

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007

Price starts to drop when the invite goes out a bit (end of August), then quite a bit more at the event then tons more at release. so why not just wait until just before the event? 1-2 weeks on a ****** phone is survivable. 1 month tho?

I'm guessing prices are 950 now for the 256. they'll drop to 750 or so soon I guess.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
Price starts to drop when the invite goes out a bit (end of August), then quite a bit more at the event then tons more at release. so why not just wait until just before the event? 1-2 weeks on a ****** phone is survivable. 1 month tho?

I'm guessing prices are 950 now for the 256. they'll drop to 750 or so soon I guess.
It was just a perfect storm that i got a brand new replacement device, which i wasn't expecting. I didn't want to use it even if just for a few weeks as its harder to sell a used phone and the price is less. I sold it in less than an hour and had 15 messages to buy within an hour of posting lol.

So far for what im using it for the 6s is g2g. That makes sense, once the keynote date is set people really start thinking about the iphone. I think selling it a week before would be optimal ROA.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Tech only falls in value. If you know you’re going to sell it AND you have a spare phone to hold you over, you should have sold your phone yesterday.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Tech only falls in value. If you know you’re going to sell it AND you have a spare phone to hold you over, you should have sold your phone yesterday.

Would it be a mistake of waiting till the end of the month ? or would I be better off selling it in the middle of the month ?

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007

Not true- it gets down to marginal loss for each day you hold it and how much you value the difference in your backup device. If it's not gonna drop much in 3 weeks, then drop a lot in week 4 and you like the phone a lot- then don't mess with it.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Not true- it gets down to marginal loss for each day you hold it and how much you value the difference in your backup device. If it's not gonna drop much in 3 weeks, then drop a lot in week 4 and you like the phone a lot- then don't mess with it.
So if one waits 3 weeks to sell their iPhone X, they wont loose much then ?

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Would it be a mistake of waiting till the end of the month ? or would I be better off selling it in the middle of the month ?
If a boatload of people sell theirs in the meantime it could cost you money. It’s a gamble.

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
It goes back into its original box, under the original plastic, and stored away with all of it's bretherin

I still have my original iPhone, 3GS, 4, 5S, 6, 6S etc (as well as a bunch of Nokias from before then)

Reactions: Cape Dave

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don’t sell my phones online anymore. There are _way_ too many risks with Apple products specifically with fraud and those trying to file claims later on for a perfectly good working device that try to take advantage of honest sellers. I am content selling my devices locally, even if that means I take a price cut or even giving them away altogether, I would rather do those two considerations versus selling online.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
I never sell. After 12 months my iPhone goes to my mum, dad or another family member. A 12 month old iPhone is more than good enough for their needs. Same for all my tech, just pass it to family when I’m done with it...

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
I don’t sell my phones online anymore. There are _way_ too many risks with Apple products specifically with fraud and those trying to file claims later on for a perfectly good working device that try to take advantage of honest sellers. I am content selling my devices locally, even if that means I take a price cut or even giving them away altogether, I would rather do those two considerations versus selling online.
yeah im joining the upgrade program after this year for that reason. I've used Swappa in the past and actually it's got pretty good seller protections but I;d rather not deal with it at all for a few hundred bucks at most profit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.