There have been a fair number of rumors that supplies are going to be extremely limited for the X. So what would you do if presented with a delivery estimate more than 8 weeks from the pre-order date? I don't know if I'd place the order and wait that long. Under 4 weeks and I'd definitely place the order. Beyond that I'd start considering other options. Depending on the weather (West Michigan so it could be in the 20s overnight in early November) I may camp out. There probably isn't a lot of harm in placing the order and cancelling later.