Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
I came from a Galaxy Note 3, so I was used to a bigger phone already. Couldn't go back to watching videos on a small screen.

It's interesting, but I'm finding I can one-hand this one somewhat easier. Maybe it's the grip from my case.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Two hands for me. Every phone I've ever owned, no matter the size. Trying to one hand anything usually results with the phone damaged and me in tears.

So, yes, the size of my 6s+ is going just fine (I'm used to it, I came from the 6+). But one-handed? No.

Last edited:
Reactions: bchreng

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
I can use the phone one-handed while sitting down with mostly no issues. Occasionally I have to reach up to the upper right corner with my other hand (while holding in my left), but most of the time using swipe gestures and reachability I can manage just fine.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I'm probably at around 75% one-handed use with my 6S+. Only when typing do I use two hands.

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
When I got my 6 plus last year it took a month for me to fully adjust. Now I am one handing it for everything.

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
I got the 6s+ after having the 6.

To me it's been awesome. One handed usage isn't an issue 95% of the time, though to be fair I have large hands.

My wife has the 6. I can't believe how tiny it feels now. Coming from the 5 the 6 felt big, but now the 6 feels small and the 5 feels downright tiny.

Can't imagine going back now.

DavidMc

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2007
Coming from a Note 3 and Note 4 there was no way I could go smaller. So far no issues just as with the Note lines but I had forgotten about iPhone one hand mode until the other day. I accidentally double tapped the home button and the screen shrunk to half. This makes refreshing app pages a little easier one handed than reaching with the right thumb or using the left hand.

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
I had the 6+ briefly while doing T-Mobile's JOD promotion. I was using it one-handed about 80% of the time, but found it uncomfortable about half the time, so I ordered the 6s. Right when the 6s came I had finally gotten used to the 6+ size (about a month) and was much more comfortable using it one-handed. It was a little odd going down to the smaller screen, but I got used to it pretty quick, and love this phone. Moral of the story: humans are adaptable and you'll find a way to use it one-handed, or adjust your patterns accordingly. Shimmying the phone and reachability are your friends.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I came from a Galaxy Note 3, so I was used to a bigger phone already. Couldn't go back to watching videos on a small screen.

It's interesting, but I'm finding I can one-hand this one somewhat easier. Maybe it's the grip from my case.

A case definitely helps and also gives one comfortable for being somewhat protective of their device so a win win since we ain't talking chump change with the iPhone's cost.

Vegasryn

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have tiny boy hands, and even the 6 was a stretch for me. I moved to the 6s+ because I wanted the bigger battery. I definitely can't use it one handed but the battery life is beyond incredible. I charge it every other day.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
A case definitely helps and also gives one comfortable for being somewhat protective of their device so a win win since we ain't talking chump change with the iPhone's cost.

Yup. Without the case, it would be sliding all over the place.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I'm coming from a 5 to a 6S+ and I am still adjusting to one handed use. My case has saved my phone already a few times. However adjusting to the wife's jabs at the size of the phone is another thing.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
But the information is still available for you to search and find. Whether or not it's new to anyone.

Like I clearly said, I'm asking about the 6S Plus.

If you don't wish to discuss a topic, simply do not enter. There are already around 8 topics on the front page created about chips. This discussion will continue.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
The next person, who doesn't read, and suggests a search for old information, about a different phone, will be flagged for trolling. That is what it will have become at this point.

I'm coming from a 5 to a 6S+ and I am still adjusting to one handed use. My case has saved my phone already a few times. However adjusting to the wife's jabs at the size of the phone is another thing.

Never understood the jokes about bigger phones. They fit in your pocket just fine, and the media experience is so much better.

Reactions: capathy21

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
No problems using one handed for a number of tasks and two handed for texting and typing. I love the size.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
No problems using one handed for a number of tasks and two handed for texting and typing. I love the size.

Started messing with the 3D touch today. Definitely going to be a two-handed action for me.

ZomBee

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
I'm a tiny gal, but I can one-hand maybe half the time. I thought I would mind using two hands, but I don't. Don't even think about it anymore. Picked up my daughter's 5 the other day and wanted to chuck it out of the window. TOO SMALL! Like a toy. LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.