iPad Formatting tools in Notes?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by says_stuff, Aug 15, 2017.

1. says_stuff macrumors member

says_stuff

While editing or creating a note in stock Notes app, i can’t find the formatting tools that used to be there. I only get the option to add a checkmark or add a drawing/scan.

Are those gone for everyone or have they moved to a place I can’t find them? I’m on public beta 5 on an ipad 12.9.

2. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

They appear at the top edge of the keyboard on the iPhone. Do you see a big + button above the keyboard? That makes them appear on iPhone.

3. says_stuff, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

says_stuff thread starter macrumors member

says_stuff

BFA4A0FC-E859-4818-9F14-68E5D73F59C7.png

Not there on my ipad, so it must be a bug. Thanks for answering!

*edited to add a screenshot

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

While we're talking about formatting in Notes...

Has the inconsistency between iOS and MacOS been resolved yet? Notes frequently look different between the operating systems, and editing a note on one or the other has different results with the same "keystrokes". This is one of the reason I don't use Notes all that much.

What Apple really should have done is made Stickies iCloud-capable. Now THAT is an awesome note taking app.

5. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Not sure what you mean by "frequently look different". Wouldn't you expect a note to look different when comparing it on a screen that is about 2" wide to a screen that is 10, 15, or 20" wide?

6. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

Did this get resolved for you? I don't use notes on my iPad very often, but today I noticed I don't have the formatting options. I'm on 11.0.3.
    IMG_9BA9F5FE5E5B-1.jpeg

7. says_stuff thread starter macrumors member

says_stuff

Nope but i guess they went a different way with it. You have to enable the shortcut bar in keyboard settings for formatting tools to appear.