Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
eva01 said:
But just so you know it includes a vast increase in features.

From a poster's point of view, I very much like the sound of...

• MultiQuote
• Private Message Preview in Notification Emails
• Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
• Show Threads or Posts from Quick Search Popup
• Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only (fab)
• Private Messages: Quota Warning
• Full BCC Support in Private Messages

The admin stuff sounds really interesting but a lot of it went over my head. :eek:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Blue Velvet said:
From a poster's point of view, I very much like the sound of...

• MultiQuote
• Private Message Preview in Notification Emails
• Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
• Show Threads or Posts from Quick Search Popup
• Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only (fab)
• Private Messages: Quota Warning
• Full BCC Support in Private Messages

The admin stuff sounds really interesting but a lot of it went over my head. :eek:

i agree, these look good.
also the limits that one could put on 'tars and sig images... i never realized you could make it so... tailored?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
This is basically what vBulletin 3.5 should have been when it was released, as i was impressed with it but not overly impressed. 3.6 sounds very very interesting for users and admins alike.

I will enjoy playing with it on my site once it becomes stable.

My install it on localhost if i get the chance.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Yep, there looks to be some interesting stuff in there – multiquote and receiving PMs from buddies caught my eye in particular. One thing that did concern me was the mention of 'Super Moderators' – bigger, stronger and with scary powers... ;)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Jaffa Cake said:
Yep, there looks to be some interesting stuff in there – multiquote and receiving PMs from buddies caught my eye in particular. One thing that did concern me was the mention of 'Super Moderators' – bigger, stronger and with scary powers... ;)

There has always been super moderators

Super Moderators are moderators of all forums
Moderators are moderators of distinct forums

This is used so that a person that is a moderator can cover the forum of his/her expertise and only that.

eg. Someone is a genius with RAM AKA CanadaRAM and lets say MR had a RAM forum, CanadaRAM could be Moderator of that forum yet not be moderator of anywhere else. A super moderator however would be a moderator of the RAM forum and all others.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
bousozoku said:
That should decrease double and triple posting and make moderators' jobs easier.

In theory. ;)

Yeah, I like the multi-quote feature. A lot of the AJAX functionality is welcomed as well, it's about time! :cool:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
~Shard~ said:
In theory. ;)

Yeah, I like the multi-quote feature. A lot of the AJAX functionality is welcomed as well, it's about time! :cool:

I said should but of course, we'll have to test it on you first. Since you're a repeat offender. :p

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
bousozoku said:
I said should but of course, we'll have to test it on you first. Since you're a repeat offender. :p

I think that's wise. Any new features should have to pass the rigorous acid test of myself and mad jew before anything is approved and implemented. ;) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.