Foxconn Ships First Batch of iPhone X Units

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 16, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple manufacturer Foxconn has started shipping the first iPhone X units to countries in Europe and the Middle East, according to a Chinese report on Monday.

China-based Xinhuanet said the first batch of 46,500 units have already been shipped out from Zhengzhou and Shanghai to the Netherlands and the United Arab Emirates, respectively. However, the initial shipments of iPhone X units were much lower than previous iPhone models, according to the Chinese-language Commercial Times.

[​IMG]
    Forecasts for iPhone X production have consistently pointed to lower-than-average numbers in the run-up to the smartphone's launch on Friday, November 3. Last week an analyst with Taipei-based Yuanta Investment Consulting lowered his production estimate for the iPhone X to 36 million units, down from 40 million.

The revised forecast followed earlier warnings that Apple's TrueDepth camera may be the main production bottleneck of the iPhone X ramp. KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has said the facial recognition system is "far more complex" than those on competing devices, which is making it challenging for Apple to achieve mass production.

Kuo said shipments of iPhone X components will likely ramp up in mid to late October. Meanwhile, customer pre-orders begin October 27, with the potential for them to exceed 40-50 million units, according to Kuo, further suggesting the phone could be hard to come by for some time. Lower adoption of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus also indicate that many customers may be waiting for the iPhone X.

(Via DigiTimes.)

Article Link: Foxconn Ships First Batch of iPhone X Units

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

3. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I’m really hoping that I’m able to preorder and get a Nov3 delivery date. If not, it’s gonna be like the good ole days and I’ll just camp outside my local store.

4. zhandri, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017

zhandri Suspended

you mean the allegedly low supply apple preorder day hype machine running full swing

5. Ries macrumors 68020

My bet is on they'll sell fewer iPhone than normal, but have higher profit due to even better margins.

6. alleggerita macrumors 6502

alleggerita

7. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

I need to get one launch day.

*cries uncontrollably*

8. garethjs macrumors 6502a

Do u guys reckon the phones are shipping with 11.1?

If so we might just see public release sometime soon since it’s obviously gone GM if it’s loaded onto the X

9. Nozuka macrumors 68020

where can i give them my address?

10. newyorksole macrumors 68040

I feel like as long as you’re on the Apple Store app at 2:55AM and speed thru the process you should get a launch day iPhone X.

That’s my plan. I’m on the iPhone Upgrade Program so hopefully the preapproval that they introduced with iPhone 8 preorders comes back.

11. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Optimistic outlook. I hope you’re right.

12. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Likewise. Of course it depends on how many people are preordering. Hopefully people sleep through the preorder Lol.

13. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Highly unlikely as 11.1 is not out yet.

14. Jsameds macrumors 68040

Just buy any OnePlus phone and all of your details will automatically be spread directly to China.

15. zhandri Suspended

the phones should get shipped to apple's storing facilities where they will probably push the newest ios version to the phones a few days before launch. i know that most US phones usually get shipped from china and the european ones i always got from czech republic. pretty sure the X will ship with ios 11.1

16. garethjs macrumors 6502a

they are boxed at Foxconn. Pretty sure Apple isn’t going to unbox them flash them and rebox them...

If anything 11.1 is ready to release and if so we’ll see it soon and 11.1.1 will be released soon after the X releases to finish any exisiting bugs and new issues from the X

17. zhandri Suspended

apple has a patent on how they can push updates to phones after they're already packed. they can do it wirelessly. it was on macrumors some time ago. that's how they push the updates to the new phones. ios 11 launched 3 days before iphone 8 came out and GM was released 10 days before launch and i can promise you that they had some manufactured iphone 8 for longer than that

18. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

That's pretty great! Do they also have a patent for turning them on wirelessly, inside a box, and then turn them off?

Just because there's a patent, doesn't mean they are using it for anything.

19. Geert76, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017

Geert76 macrumors 68000

I do live in The Netherlands. We do have the Apple European Distribution Facilty here, from this Facility, Apple devices are being shipped throughout Europe. So I guess thats where this first batch is heading to.

I life close by this Facilty. I might stop by this week and try to get them out of that Facilty hehe
    Anyone wants a pre pre order?

I'll set up a PayPal link :p

20. Mr. Dee macrumors 68000

Mr. Dee

You bet popular YouTubers are sourcing contacts in the Middle East as we speak and Europe to intercept the shipment.

I'm willing to break my upgrade rule and get one in March since my new gig in bringing in some good money. I'm torn though, but I might just end getting the iPhone 8 Plus Silver or Gold and iPhone X together - yes, I'm crazy. And an iPad Pro too. Maybe by March I won't bother all and focus on the bigger things in life like buying Apple stock.

21. 4jasontv macrumors 68000

Hopefully they have enough to be BOGO on Black Friday. That way I can wrap it alongside an SNES classic.

22. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

Fake demand!! They're only saying this to create the illusion that a lot of people want the iPhone X. They may be sold out on launch day but that could mean only 50,000 were sold. Apple does this every year!

/s

23. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Lol. Lol. Lol.

Good luck everyone.

24. tito2020 macrumors 6502a

im sure they already have the iphone 11 produced for spring

25. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I usuelly say that too, but this year I think demand is real. Have you seen the phones . Holy **** there nice. If you think that little notch is gonna scare people away you're in for a big surprise