Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Yes... Unless you jailbreak or using xcode.... Name a third party app Store in iOS without jailbreak ....

I can install 10 app Store on my Android phone if I wish...

Oh... Is Apple purposely let people side load app using xCode, so they can sell Mac? I see it now. Greedy Apple as it is
[doublepost=1521058568][/doublepost]

So? What previllages private American companies have?

No jailbreak needed these days, or Xcode. I’m not about to give the name of an AppStore dedicated to piracy and unauthorised apps. For one thing it’s against the rules. But I’ll tell you that one such app starts with a T.

The rest is up to you, none are hard to find.

That’s just one, deliberately vague hint. As I don’t encourage piracy, you’re welcome to do your own legwork if you really want to know.

*Edited to be even more vague.

Last edited:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
What in good god is he taking about? Devs set their own prices

Also, devs do not ‘sell’ to Google or Apple. They sell to consumers

In the App Store, developers choose a price level which then translates to a set of prices everywhere in the world. As a result, they can't sell an app for $1.78 in the USA, either $0.99 or $1.99. And they can't sell for $1.99 in the USA and €3.49 in Germany, they have to pick a price level which might be $1.99 and €1.99, or $2.99 and €2.99.

And they can choose to pick a lower price level for third world countries or not.

So the developer sets a price level which gets translated into worldwide prices, with possible adjustment for poorer countries. Not arbitrary prices, and not prices adjusted to individual countries. Now personally I have no idea how I would set prices reasonably in Hungary, or Vietnam, or Canada, and I wouldn't want to keep track of changes in exchange rates, so I'm quite happy with having to make only one decision and Apple doing the details.
[doublepost=1521074393][/doublepost]
The real I ssue is not the pricing and fee structure! The issue is that Apple and Google can unilaterally breach the agreed-upon contracts thereby taking other developers’ code and then change the contracts to make the developers drop out of the App Store while Apple and Google keep the code. This allows Apple and Google to keep innovative code for themselves without directly buying the smal developer or licensing from them.
As a developer with several apps in the app store (I'll press the button Friday night for two releases if nothing goes wrong), I can only say that is complete nonsense, and that every company I ever developed for would hire lawyers that would slaughter either Apple or Google in court if they tried anything like that. Which obviously they wouldn't.
[doublepost=1521074592][/doublepost]
One is not forced to develop for Apple or Google. They are private AMERICAN companies.
That, on the other hand, is a completely wrong argument. Both Apple and Google are required to obey the laws in all the countries they are operating, including France.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.