Free Gift from Apple from MacBook Repairs? What to pick?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iLikeTurtles!, Aug 19, 2012.

1. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

so after to many repairs for my MacBook , Apple offered a coutersy gift for my troubles :D

I narrowed it down to 3 things:

This cool Incase DSLR bag:http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9184ZM/A

Incase Sonic Headphones: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9032ZM/A

(couldnt get dr.dres ebcause they were to much, and plus, overrated :p)

or the othr thing, a 125 dollar coupon off my retina macbook pro I ordered a few days ago.

Which would you guys pick or recomend? and possibly why? i love details :)

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Id go with the 125 dollar discount.
    For headphones, you can buy a better one with a bit more cash.
    Are you really going to use the DSLR case?

3. ann713 macrumors 6502a

4. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

i do have a dslr, nikon d5100, but thats it no massive collection of lenses. the compartments inside can be all removed, i thought might be nice to carry my dslr in it, macbook and books for uni. though i never had a sling bag before, it looks nice!

the only headphoens ive owned are the ipod ones. audiophiles will laugh at me but i always thought they were decent, so thats why i considered the incase. they look nice, look confy and the couple reivews seem good.

the 125 is tempting though, would be nice to take another chunk off the purchase....

5. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

6. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

out of the 3 things, what would u pick?

7. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

Take the discount you can use it on the retina. for the other items, you can wait to see if they ever go one sale elsewhere and buy it if you need it.

8. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

Well I already have a Manfrotto, Tumi backpack, and beats studio, so I would pick the discount.

But if I was in your situation, I would go for what is worth the most, which is the bag. You can opt for the discount but you may end up buying a more expensive bag than the discount. And what if you decide to return the rMBP? Hehe. Well I guess that should be discussed in another thread.

9. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I usually like to get accessories myself. I would get a nice pair of headphones over a bag.

10. Ryukouki macrumors regular

REtina discount. Thats a huge thing I would take without blinking!

11. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

i initally thought that too, but i thought maybe go for the best valued thing, which i guess would be the bag or headphones since they are 159 and 169

u have a manfrotto? what kind? i have the 290 series tripod, they make good quality stuff. the bag i prob would never buy, hence why i consideredit, and the headphones, i only ever had the ipod headphones lol. cant decide :s.

my onyl concern with the bag itss a sling type bag, i never had one so not sure if it would be confomrtable to carry around

12. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

the other two items are worth mroe tough :confused:

13. gentlefury macrumors 68030

$125....neither of those are worth it. I would say take the $125 and then add about $50 more and get a way cooler Timbuk2 case - http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/shop/function/camera (I just looked at that case and its $170!!! For incase???? Seriously??? that's crazy!!) As for headphones, I personally use the Bose QC3s and they are amazing. I don't like the size of the Beats...but I really like that they have a bluetooth set. I haven't tried the Bowers & Wilkins P5, but I have heard a lot of good things...and they make some high quality audio devices, so im sure they are amazing. I don't see a company like incase making a high quality audio device.

14. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

incase is kknown for making really good quality bags. that one there is there flagship model lol

15. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Made in china garbage...no thanks. I've used Timbuk2 for years. They are made in San Francisco and are very high quality.

16. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

saw them on apples site. they look really nice! ive never had a messanger bag though, only a backpack...from incase lol

are sling/messanger bags easy to carry?

17. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

becasue?

18. gentlefury macrumors 68030

yes, I've always had their messenger bags and they are extremely comfortable, they have LOTS of storage pockets...the higher end ones come with a padded sleeve for your macbook and the newer messenger bags (the one I got for my rMBP) also includes a tablet sleeve. They are all weather proofed and the strapped is stitched to the bag, to keep it from slipping off accidentally while biking. Super sturdy, very nice materials (stays clean very well) and the rubber inside make it a great all terrain bag! I couldn't recommend them more.

And, even better, if you order them direct from their website you can customize every aspect of the bag! And since they don't have to pass chinese customs they arrive in a few days after ordering!

19. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

if u carying ur macbook and tetbooks though, is a messanger not as easier to carry then a backpack? thats my only concern

20. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I carry my Macbook, 3 hard drives, my Bose Headphones (really large case), a charger, a g700 mouse, all my cables for my hard drives, and several other items with no problem.

Once you get the Macbook into the case there is plenty of room for books and other items.

21. IllmasterMath macrumors regular

The margins on their own products will be significantly higher, so there might be some more room in there for you if you ask nicely.

Consider an iPod touch, iPod classic or Time Machine.

22. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

You know, like the MBP itself.

23. iLikeTurtles! thread starter macrumors 6502

the limit appears to be 150 range, so the bag was eve pushing it.

i would be happy with either of the 3 options, im not sure which would be best.

its not every day that an opporuntity like this comes around.