Free iPhone 4 for Justin Wagoner??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hawkeye411, Jun 21, 2010.

?

Should Justin Wagoner receive a free iPhone 4?

1. YES: He should receive a free iPhone 4

122 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. NO: He should not receive a free iPhone 4

253 vote(s)
    54.3%
  3. Who Cares!!!

91 vote(s)
    19.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Justin Wagoner has been camping out for his iPhone 4 for a number of days now. Here is the Macrumors thread with comments from Justin.

So ... do you think that Apple will reward his devotion to Apple technology by giving him a free iPhone 4 on launch day?? Does he deserve a free iPhone 4?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'd lose all respect for Apple if they gave him a phone. How many people who are actually contributing to society can't afford to camp out for a week long publicity stunt. Hells no he shouldn't get a free phone.

3. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

But what about all the publicity he's giving Apple. Isn't that worth something?

Cheers.

4. juan370Z macrumors regular

No. Why would he get one? So every person that camps out gets an free iPhone? He will get high 5 just like all of us. And some news coverege about camping out. No one made him camp out so therefore he shouldent get anything.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Who cares.

I mean he wants to spend days camping in front of a store, just to buy a phone - more power to him, but I have better things to spend my time with. I'd rather not give too much of my brain synapses over to thinking about what will be good for him,

6. juan370Z macrumors regular

No. If anything give iPhones to the news cast that actually give apple free publicity not to someone that camps out a week for a phone.

7. bahooki macrumors regular

I was just thinking to myself, "Self, you know what the iphone 4 is in need of? More press. No one really knows about it yet." Then myself punched me in the throat.

8. Chupa Chupa, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010

Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple sold 600K iPhones w/o his help. He isn't influencing anyone or there would be a huge line behind him.

9. juan370Z, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010

juan370Z macrumors regular

Lol that's very true. If you are going to camp for a week go to a park not in front of the apple store he needs a gf.

10. bahooki macrumors regular

Exactly, give 100 phones to people volunteering to help clean up the oil spill and ask them to document the process with pics and vids from their new phone. Real people doing something real with their lives. Not some dope who plopped down on the street for a week.

11. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

No.

I have nothing against him or what he's doing. However, if Apple gave him a free iPhone, it opens themselves up to quite a slippery slope.

12. sean800 macrumors member

I'm not trying to say you are, but a lot of people here sound a bit jealous. That or you just don't like to be very kind.

13. juan370Z macrumors regular

I agree if they give this guy a free iPhone for hot having a life I would ask my self what has this world come to

14. bahooki macrumors regular

Jealous of what exactly? He's wasting a week of his life sitting outside of a store. My phone is being delivered to my front step. People doing stupid things are supposed to warrant my admiration?

15. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Yeah it wouldn't seem very fair. Apple has enough manic-obsessive fans, they don't need to incentivize any more. ;)

16. juan370Z macrumors regular

Been jealous to leave my house set up a tent in front of an apple store and look like a deuch and maybe get a free iPhone? That would be absurd. In that case since Ima wait for an hour where is my free iPhone? Most normal people would rather stay home and watch the world cup games or work or be with their gf

17. juan370Z macrumors regular

Yea no need to feed the campers looking for a minute of fame more

18. army91c macrumors 6502a

19. sean800 macrumors member

No, but alot of things you do in your life are things you like doing, where you have fun. If you go to a movie it's because you like to. He wants to be first in line. No problem with that. Some people like to "waste" a week camping in the woods for fun. You got a problem with that too?

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I thought no as I entered the thread, but after seeing some of the responses, I say yes, just to piss off some people. :D

21. juan370Z macrumors regular

Um actually i justify that because you are with mother nature not just waiting for a phone. You have so much time in your hands go to volunteer place and help the homeless and needy

22. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

No, but I say give him $100 off and a free bumper or something similar. If you give him a free one, then every launch day after this one you're gonna have idiots camping out a week ahead of time thinking they'll be entitled to a free one as well.

23. juan370Z macrumors regular

Why a discount what did he do to deserve it?

24. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Not saying he's deserving of anything, I just think it would be a nice gesture by Apple to give him a little discount, but definitely not the phone for free.

25. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

He camped out for a week did you not read the damn thread?:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.