Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macintosh Quadra 840av

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
mac-img-chip-luminar-ai.png

Skylum is offering their Luminar Al Photo Editing Software (PC/Mac Digital Download) for Free when you request via the promotional link and supply your email/name and you will receive a complementary link to download/activate this product via email.

https://skylum.com/jp/l/chip-luminar-ai

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
I thought I'd give this a go as I've got some old scans I'd like to try playing with, however it doesn't install via the App Store but from an installer itself, no drag and drop from a DMG. It installs a plugin for Photoshop as well as a separate 2.7GB application.

When the app launches, it wants you to register to use it - so won't be doing that.

Thanks for the heads up but sadly it's a nope from me.

Macintosh Quadra 840av

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
I thought I'd give this a go as I've got some old scans I'd like to try playing with, however it doesn't install via the App Store but from an installer itself, no drag and drop from a DMG. It installs a plugin for Photoshop as well as a separate 2.7GB application.

When the app launches, it wants you to register to use it - so won't be doing that.

Thanks for the heads up but sadly it's a nope from me.
You mean you won't be bothered to enter the registration code that's in the email they send when you sign up for the free copy? You do you, bud.

vitamanic

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2020
This is pretty neat.

I've been hanging on to Luminar 4 for ages because I refuse to engage in Skylum's silly business tactics of repackaging their software every year for $100+ without adding any significant changes.

At least now I can move on to a slightly less outdated version!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.