Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Full Transcript of Apple's 'Time Flies' Event With Apple Watch and iPad Updates

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
kind of meh....you know.
They possibly could have done this through a press release, but I guess they wanted to showcase some of the new features. The iPad Air is a pretty good value. It lacks the ProMotion screen and FaceID, but is pretty solid.

Expect another 1 hour broadcast in October for the iPhone, and a 1 hour broadcast in November for the first Apple Silicon Macs, unless they decide to combine the two events.

Reactions: seek3r

DevNull0

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2015
The most exciting part of the event was the last 2 minutes. iOS 14 launches tomorrow.

I was really looking forward to iOS 14 until Apple decided to remove the new privacy features to keep facebook and google's data siphons going strong.

Maconplasma

Suspended
Sep 15, 2020
Ah, come on now, isn't that being just a wee bit too sensitive? They didn't say the were the first time inventor of the rubber band. They just hyped a new watch band a little bit. I think a company presenting new stuff should be allowed to do that and I'm sure some customers are going to really enjoy it.
Exactly! That poster probably would've praised the rubber band had Microsoft or Samsung introduced it. People throw hate only because it's Apple, not because the product is poor. The reason they do this is because they know it will be a huge seller putting the competition once again in the garbage and it just burns these Apple haters up. lol.

Bluetoot-

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2020
Well Tim Sculley always was better suited to run Pepsi than an innovative tech company. Now Apple is dead as an innovation company and Timmy's Apple is the Pepsi of the consumer toys world. Very profitable and totally bland.

i don’t drink much soda anymore, but Pepsi was easily one of the most disgusting.

Anson_431

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
Exactly! I'm more angry because of this crap "event" that I will go out of my way not to buy stuff. At least a date for the iPhone event would have given us some solid date to count down to.

I'm actually disappointed and upset about the event for their way of handling it.

They literally just threw away what they built for more than a decade - customers expecting an iPhone related event every September - in just an hour.

It's difficult. IT'S VERY DIFFICULT, to cultivate and train your customers to expect something every single year AT A VERY SPECIFIC PERIOD when you do marketing. The fact that they threw that all away an opened up possibilities for "guesses" within an hour?

That's beyond painful to see. ESPECIALLY when Apple was the very company that introduced the world into such a trend, AND subsequently changed the way the entire industry treats product announcements as a whole.

This event is just painful to see.......

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Apple stock is flat. Thought for sure Wall Street would be loving all these new subscriptions. Unless it was already priced in.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Question for the One service

We use the 2tb sub for iCloud (£6.99) and have Spotify (£14.99),

does anyone think Spotify is better than Apple Music?
Spotify has better Playlist but Apple's Music quality is MUCH better. I also think they have a better K-Pop, J-Pop music collection if you're into that.

Reactions: leebroath

topdrawer

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
They possibly could have done this through a press release, but I guess they wanted to showcase some of the new features. The iPad Air is a pretty good value. It lacks the ProMotion screen and FaceID, but is pretty solid.

Expect another 1 hour broadcast in October for the iPhone, and a 1 hour broadcast in November for the first Apple Silicon Macs, unless they decide to combine the two events.

i replied "they should have tweeted" and macrumors deleted my post.

speg

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2006
Ottawa
Gah. The post said the SE was 44mm and I assumed it was only 44mm and went ahead and ordered the Series 6, as all my bands are 40mm.

Of course that doesn't make any sense and it is available in both sizes. Now I have to cancel my pretty blue :(

Sadman88

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
I don't know how big of a deal the A14 chip is going to be in the Air. iPadOS is such a limiting factor right now. I suppose it will make a difference for some Apps, but then I suspect these users are more likely to buy the 12.9 in Pro. I thought for sure they would announce that the Pro Models are getting the A14.

So, other than the jump from A12 to A14 chip and the new colors, it looks like the new Air is basically the 2018 iPad Pro 11in, without: Face ID, Promotion display, and quad speakers. Did I get that right?
No True Tone flash either

vipergts2207

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
I'm actually disappointed and upset about the event for their way of handling it.

They literally just threw away what they built for more than a decade - customers expecting an iPhone related event every September - in just an hour.

It's difficult. IT'S VERY DIFFICULT, to cultivate and train your customers to expect something every single year AT A VERY SPECIFIC PERIOD when you do marketing. The fact that they threw that all away an opened up possibilities for "guesses" within an hour?

That's beyond painful to see. ESPECIALLY when Apple was the very company that introduced the world into such a trend, AND subsequently changed the way the entire industry treats product announcements as a whole.

This event is just painful to see.......

There will be an iPhone event within the next 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anson_431

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
There will be an iPhone event within the next 30 days.

It's not really the problem of whether we get an iPhone event in 30 days, but the damage to the culture that Apple has built for more than a decade - the very culture that forced the entire market to follow suite and had trained consumers to be accustomed to this new "norm".

From a marketing standpoint, to witness how the very market leader that changed the entire industry to have destroyed the trained behavior of customers? It's just painful. Not to mention that this would take years to rebuild, and most likely not repairable at all.

At least this is how I view the event.

Last edited by a moderator:

leebroath

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
No option for Student One Service, only 3 of the normal are available through the Student Website

Shame they didn’t have a £9.99 Version for the individual

madeirabhoy

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
bad news, no fitness plus in portugal yet, good news, apple one is €11.95, quite a bit cheaper than the UK's £14.95.

vipergts2207

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
It's not really the problem of whether we get an iPhone event in 30 days, but the damage to the culture that Apple has built for more than a decade - the very culture that forced the entire market to follow suite and had trained consumers to be accustomed to this new "norm".

From a marketing standpoint, to witness how the very market leader that changed the entire industry to have destroyed the trained behavior of customers? It's just painful. Not to mention that this would take years to rebuild, and most likely not repairable at all.

You realize Apple didn’t release the iPhone X until November and that normally iPhones were released in September right? The “culture” as you call it wasn’t destroyed then and it isn’t going to be destroyed because an event is delayed by a month. You’re being so damn dramatic lmao. Everybody knows COVID has upended everything this year.

Maconplasma

Suspended
Sep 15, 2020

I think you need to take a break from the internet. You're getting too over-the-top about a company. Apple is just a tech company like Microsoft, Samsung and Sony who just wants to introduce their products for people who are interested to buy. Nobody is forced to own their products. They aren't here to create world peace or step in the military's place to fight for our country or run the world. Lordy.

Reactions: vipergts2207

Anson_431

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
I think you need to take a break from the internet. You're getting too over-the-top about a company. Apple is just a tech company like Microsoft, Samsung and Sony who just wants to introduce their products for people who are interested to buy. Nobody is forced to own their products. They aren't here to create world peace or step in the military's place to fight for our country or run the world. Lordy.

The way I see it, it's a performance. Marketing is an art, and Apple is one of the best if not the best in doing that for years. I'm just expressing my disappointment, just like how a fan would do IF Christopher Nolan delivered an underwhelming film (I love Nolan's films and I'm just saying this metaphorically lol).

You realize Apple didn’t release the iPhone X until November and that normally iPhones were released in September right? The “culture” as you call it wasn’t destroyed then and it isn’t going to be destroyed because an event is delayed by a month. You’re being so damn dramatic lmao. Everybody knows COVID has upended everything this year.

Ermmmm...... What you're talking about is "launch". "Release" is when they announce a new product. A "launch" is when a product is available to purchase by consumers. That's actually a common misunderstanding amongst the public. lol

This is an interesting discussion though. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.