Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Nothing interesting around here (except for mine:D) All of my neighbors are idiots that use PC's and have the geek Squad setup their networks and computers.

Every network around is either "Linksys", "Verizon DSL", or "Default". On top of that, they are all unsecured.

My SSID on the other hand can be interesting...

My current on is "Get a Mac 7" (Apple should pay me), in the past I've had "Mary is a..." (Mary is a next door neighbor that sues us every year to get our trees cut down, because they "kill her tomato garden" that she doesn't water), and "Bill Gates is a douche".

Don

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
the guy who used to live next to me was supposedly 'good' with computers and named his WIFI : THE MATRIX , totally unsecured .

I had to tell him ,but he didn't know what I was talking about , so I set up WPA2 on the network for him and his speeds dramatically increased between 8-10am and again between 8-9 pm ....we later found out that a traveling salesman had been stopping to use his network to start , then complete his sales work before going out on the road and again on the way home :rolleyes:

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
My neighbor used to have a network called

thisisnotanexit

I'm still not sure what that means.

Most people around here just use some variant of their family name.

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
Mine's whoAreYou

I used to leave mine open until my douchebag neighbor started seriously leaching off of me.

It got so bad, I couldn't even do basic web surfing.

I cut him off once using his Mac address then he installed a new network card. I secured it after that.

The very next day, his kid knocks on the door and asks to use my computer because his is broken. Later I saw my neighbor and offered to come over and check his computer out for him. He turned white and said only his friend can do it because he does all his computer work... Busted... Douchebag!

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Mine's whoAreYou

I used to leave mine open until my douchebag neighbor started seriously leaching off of me.

It got so bad, I couldn't even do basic web surfing.

I cut him off once using his Mac address then he installed a new network card. I secured it after that.

The very next day, his kid knocks on the door and asks to use my computer because his is broken. Later I saw my neighbor and offered to come over and check his computer out for him. He turned white and said only his friend can do it because he does all his computer work... Busted... Douchebag!

Hmm sounds like he REALLY wants your network :)

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
The apartment complex across the street has one named "Apt 213 stinks". I've been tempted to walk by 213 but have so far resisted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.