Fusion Drive - No CoreStorage logical volume groups found

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Jaymon27, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Jaymon27 macrumors newbie

Hey!

I'm trying to split a Fusion Drive. Note I've heard the warnings; no need to advise me against it. I know what I'm doing and I have backups of everything if things go horribly wrong.

Anyhow, I am following this article which states to type 'diskutil coreStorage list' into terminal while in recovery mode, and it'll output a long string of details including a UUID you need for the next step.

Problem is that I simply get a 'No CoreStorage logical volume groups found' return message.

The computer is a 2012 iMac with a 1TB fusion drive, running 14.2. I got shunned away over on the Apple community forums saying I shouldn't be doing this, so I'm trying here. Thanks for reading, any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

If you're running Mojave (10.14.2) as you stated, your Fusion drive has been converted to APFS, hence, no CoreStorage. Which is why you're receiving that return message from Terminal.

3. Jaymon27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks very much for that info, I thought something was wrong. Do you know how I'll go about the next steps?

4. BLUEDOG314 macrumors 6502

BLUEDOG314

Post what you get from 'diskutil apfs list'. What you can do is just find the bsd names, likely disk0 and disk1, and unmount them with 'diskutil unmountdisk force disk0' and the same thing for disk1, then erase them individually in terminal.