Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
For those that completed their preorder: You did pay a total of $49.95 with no shipping correct? I waited for the new "steel silver" and got my preorder confirmation today. There is a $16 coupon code to bring price to $49.99 but I think shipping is being charged (4.95). I didn't finish checkout so I could get this straight. Any help?

Yes, the preorder deals were $49.95, after a coupon that took off shipping. So $49.95 "out the door" was the original price.

NancyZ

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Selden, NY
Also from my undestanding the frame on the atomic's case is graphite and delrin composite. I am not sure about impact resistance of graphite. Then again if impact is your primary concern, may wanna select an otter box defender.

I am curious to learn more about the atomic silverback which you said supposed to be a "rugged" version.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Delrin is an acetal resin. It is very strong, stiff, yet has dimensional stability. It has low wear and low friction which is what you want as opposed to even silicone offered on most cases. I dont think otter or other cases use delrin due to the cost involved.

They probably don't use it because of the chart above. What they do use (polycarbonate) is much more impact resistant than delrin, even the slightly harder black delrin (again, there's a chart from a distributor of delrin above for reference). Plus the added benefit that the much more impact resistant polycarbonate is much cheaper, and can be cast/moulded into almost any shape. Most cases are made for protection first, and that'd be why they don't use delrin. Abrasion resistance doesn't mean much to me in a phone case...I'm not sliding it across the floor purpose that much. :rolleyes:

NancyZ

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Selden, NY
They probably don't use it because of the chart above. What they do use (polycarbonate) is much more impact resistant than delrin, even the slightly harder black delrin (again, there's a chart from a distributor of delrin above for reference). Plus the added benefit that the much more impact resistant polycarbonate is much cheaper, and can be cast/moulded into almost any shape. Most cases are made for protection first, and that'd be why they don't use delrin. Abrasion resistance doesn't mean much to me in a phone case...I'm not sliding it across the floor purpose that much. :rolleyes:

A lot of probably's I guess. Nevertheless for a designer case with the alum side, I like the Atomic so far hands down. Seems to be a great compromise with the material combo and signal performance standpoint.

Raw design looks picture frame-ish. Not appealing at all.

Mark

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
A lot of probably's I guess. Nevertheless for a designer case with the alum side, I like the Atomic so far hands down. Seems to be a great compromise with the material combo and signal performance standpoint.

Raw design looks picture frame-ish. Not appealing at all.

Mark
I don't see how there's many "probablys"... why would a manufacturer use a material that's more expensive and less impact resistant to make a case in which the usual desired result is protection?

That's why there are so many different cases out there...people have different tastes. To some, the Atomic (Vapor copy)design isn't appealing. Either by an aesthetic perspective, or by an actual functionality aspect (very little drop protection, very little to no "lay on the table" design, many 3rd party accessories/docks won't work with it, etc). Likewise, some don't like the looks of the Raw. No one says we have to like them all. You like the looks and performance of the Atomic case, and I like the Raw for the same reasons...I like the looks and performance of it. It's very minimalistic, and I have zero reception/GPS issues with my orange one, even in an area where reception without a case is around -110dB. My orange Raw doesn't change that at all when installed.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Yea but the point is the Raw sits on the damn glass. How could it possibly survive a fall from any height? Do you expect the glass to break the fall? I mean honestly. There is no way the Raw would be better protection if the phone was dropped. But honestly, we don't buy these cases for all out protection or we would all have otterbox's. But I don't buy the fact that the raw is a better for protection than the Atomic case just because of the way the raw is mounted on the phone. The glass would break every time I would think. And we have been in the racing business for years (my family) and everyone knows that cars that build BIG horsepower all use solid mounts. We don't use any bushings, they all tear. Solid steel mounts are the only way to go for mounts, but our cars make around 800-1000 RWHP and I wouldn't even think to use anything but a solid mount.

NancyZ

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Selden, NY
I don't see how there's many "probablys"... why would a manufacturer use a material that's more expensive and less impact resistant to make a case in which the usual desired result is protection?

That's why there are so many different cases out there...people have different tastes. To some, the Atomic (Vapor copy)design isn't appealing. Either by an aesthetic perspective, or by an actual functionality aspect (very little drop protection, very little to no "lay on the table" design, many 3rd party accessories/docks won't work with it, etc). Likewise, some don't like the looks of the Raw. No one says we have to like them all. You like the looks and performance of the Atomic case, and I like the Raw for the same reasons...I like the looks and performance of it. It's very minimalistic, and I have zero reception/GPS issues with my orange one, even in an area where reception without a case is around -110dB. My orange Raw doesn't change that at all when installed.

Sounds like you work for or affiliated with RAW. nevertheless, I like the Atomic design with the delrin and graphite is better than the wide and rounded Vapor yet the Vapor and the Atomic blows away the Raw (TV STAND COPY) as far as looks. Most would attest.

While cases are designed for protection, I think the level of protection to each persons acitivities / lifestyle serve purpose on how much protection they do or dont want while gaining style/form/appeal. IMHO, Vapor, Atomic, Alumacase is in the designer /executive case category vs. the otter which is more contstruction/rugged case category vs. the raw which is in more of a case that is pure ugly case category like the karakass case and that new e 13 crap that just came out.

I doubt you have minimal reception/zero gps etc... Sounds like hogwash. Any engineers wanna do head to head?

Cheers

Mark

Last edited:

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Yea but the point is the Raw sits on the damn glass. How could it possibly survive a fall from any height? Do you expect the glass to break the fall? I mean honestly. There is no way the Raw would be better protection if the phone was dropped. But honestly, we don't buy these cases for all out protection or we would all have otterbox's. But I don't buy the fact that the raw is a better for protection than the Atomic case just because of the way the raw is mounted on the phone. The glass would break every time I would think. And we have been in the racing business for years (my family) and everyone knows that cars that build BIG horsepower all use solid mounts. We don't use any bushings, they all tear. Solid steel mounts are the only way to go for mounts, but our cars make around 800-1000 RWHP and I wouldn't even think to use anything but a solid mount.

As far as cars go, I'm talking about a daily drivable car. Yes, my MazdaSpeed has 350hp to the wheels, but it's also a car I want to be able to drive daily if I desire. That's why I haven't solid mounted it. Of course that would be optimal for maximum torque transfer, but then the car would vibrate the interior out of it (racecars typically aren't worried about keeping at least some semblance of comfort). That's why I use composite mounts...much more rigidity than the pitiful stock rubber, but not quite as hard as solid mounts.

Sounds like you work for or affiliated with RAW. nevertheless, I like the Atomic design with the delrin and graphite is better than the wide and rounded Vapor yet the Vapor and the Atomic blows away the Raw (TV STAND COPY) as far as looks. Most would attest.

I doubt you have minimal reception/zero gps etc... Sounds like hogwash. Any engineers wanna do head to head?

Cheers

Mark

I have the dB readings and data speed tests to back that up. So that's not an issue. Again, different people in different areas get many different results with these cases. You can even see some people who get very little to no signal degradation with even the Vapor! And as far as me "being affiliated" with Fusion? Why do you say that? Because I've just pointed out why I question the use of delrin in a case for a phone due to it's lack of impact resistance? I'd question that with any company using it for a case. I guess since liking a case makes me "affiliated" with said company, then I'm "affiliated" with Otterbox, Seidio, Speck, Fusion, Exovault, BaseOneLabs, SwitchEasy, and any of the other manufacturers of the 30 + cases I have for this phone. And if me liking a case, and pointing out why I don't choose to use another manufacturers case makes me "affiliated" with that company, then I guess your's and ufc's adamant defense of the Atomic makes you guys affiliated with them? Because ufc's constant praise of this case starts to seem a little motivated at times (it's in several threads).

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Hey don't bring me in this argument. I have never said a negative thing about Fusion but I could very easily. Phil seems like a good guy from what few emails we have exchanged but just about everyone who has used the raw has experienced problems with it in one way or another. Plus its very uncomfortable to even use. I don't want to hurt his business but look at this thread, everyone has either returned his case, ebayed it or tried to sell it on here so that right there is saying something. Everyone who has got the Atomic case has loved it. What does that have to do with me? You have seen several pages of positives reviews and not 1 negative that I have seen yet. So that in itself says something. But I am getting out of this thread and argument because Fusion does not need any negative post in this thread. If people chose to buy his case, that is fine with me. But to say that it has no negative impacts is nonsense. Your one of maybe 3 people who have made that claim. I have yet to see 1 person who have said anything negative about the Atomic. And I use solid mounts in my daily driven car as well, real motors vibrate the car with or without them. But my daily driver makes 650+, so vibration is the least of my worries.
As far as cars go, I'm talking about a daily drivable car. Yes, my MazdaSpeed has 350hp to the wheels, but it's also a car I want to be able to drive daily if I desire. That's why I haven't solid mounted it. Of course that would be optimal for maximum torque transfer, but then the car would vibrate the interior out of it (racecars typically aren't worried about keeping at least some semblance of comfort). That's why I use composite mounts...much more rigidity than the pitiful stock rubber, but not quite as hard as solid mounts.

I have the dB readings and data speed tests to back that up. So that's not an issue. Again, different people in different areas get many different results with these cases. You can even see some people who get very little to no signal degradation with even the Vapor! And as far as me "being affiliated" with Fusion? Why do you say that? Because I've just pointed out why I question the use of delrin in a case for a phone due to it's lack of impact resistance? I'd question that with any company using it for a case. I guess since liking a case makes me "affiliated" with said company, then I'm "affiliated" with Otterbox, Seidio, Speck, Fusion, Exovault, BaseOneLabs, SwitchEasy, and any of the other manufacturers of the 30 + cases I have for this phone. And if me liking a case, and pointing out why I don't choose to use another manufacturers case makes me "affiliated" with that company, then I guess your's and ufc's adamant defense of the Atomic makes you guys affiliated with them? Because ufc's constant praise of this case starts to seem a little motivated at times (it's in several threads).

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Hey don't bring me in this argument. I have never said a negative thing about Fusion but I could very easily. Phil seems like a good guy from what few emails we have exchanged but just about everyone who has used the raw has experienced problems with it in one way or another. Plus its very uncomfortable to even use. I don't want to hurt his business but look at this thread, everyone has either returned his case, ebayed it or tried to sell it on here so that right there is saying something. Everyone who has got the Atomic case has loved it. What does that have to do with me? You have seen several pages of positives reviews and not 1 negative that I have seen yet. So that in itself says something. But I am getting out of this thread and argument because Fusion does not need any negative post in this thread. If people chose to buy his case, that is fine with me. But to say that it has no negative impacts is nonsense. Your one of maybe 3 people who have made that claim. I have yet to see 1 person who have said anything negative about the Atomic. And I use solid mounts in my daily driven car as well, real motors vibrate the car with or without them. But my daily driver makes 650+, so vibration is the least of my worries.

?? You missed the guy in the Atomic Hybrid thread that says his hybrid knocked his signal down from around 3 bars down to 1? You said you haven't seen "1 negative" regarding it yet, there's one right there. But I'm curious as to how it will be "discredited". I'm not knocking Atomic for their product. All I've stated is why (and backed that up with facts) I wouldn't PERSONALLY want to use a delrin case. If they can make money doing it..great! Heck, Apple can sell a phone made of GLASS and people will buy it coming and going, so it's not surprising that people will buy a case that isn't very impact resistant (again, that's not a put down...it's factual based on the material it's made of..the case looks good). And as far as people claiming the Raw works for them...read this thread. Including myself, I can recall a bit more than "3" people speaking highly of it.

NancyZ

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Selden, NY
?? You missed the guy in the Atomic Hybrid thread that says his hybrid knocked his signal down from around 3 bars down to 1? You said you haven't seen "1 negative" regarding it yet, there's one right there. But I'm curious as to how it will be "discredited". I'm not knocking Atomic for their product. All I've stated is why (and backed that up with facts) I wouldn't PERSONALLY want to use a delrin case. If they can make money doing it..great! Heck, Apple can sell a phone made of GLASS and people will buy it coming and going, so it's not surprising that people will buy a case that isn't very impact resistant (again, that's not a put down...it's factual based on the material it's made of..the case looks good). And as far as people claiming the Raw works for them...read this thread. Including myself, I can recall a bit more than "3" people speaking highly of it.

That is incorrect. He is not saying the Atomic dropped his phone 3 to 1. He said when goes to his basement, his bars drop 3 to 1 with all the cases except the Atomic. Am I wrong? someone correct me if so.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
I don't think he actually said it knocked it down from 3 to 1, he said he gets terrible reception anyways and he also said this and I quote "My home sits in a valley of sort so signal is pretty weak. Its also a 3 store home with a walkout basement. So my work area is downstairs at the lowest part of the house in the lowest part of the neighborhood.

It's the perfect litmus test for cases. The Bumper and naked phone will still show low signal, but will connect to a call. This is the first of the "designer" bumpers that doesn't kill the signal.

I know if I can make a call here, most of the places I go during my daily life will be okay as well". That was his exact quote and he said he only had 2 bars, sometimes 3. So you took the worst possible post and tried to twist it to benefit your Raw case. I have talked to him in a pm regarding those other caps they we mentioned and he is more than happy with his case and he even said later on if you keep reading that he is going to buy a second one, so he must not be to unhappy. You have also seen people who have dropped theirs already and have not broke the phone or the case so the case must be stronger than you think. I still would bet that the Atomic would survive a fall better than the raw. Like I said before, I think the raw would break the glass everytime.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I don't think he actually said it knocked it down from 3 to 1, he said he gets terrible reception anyways and he also said this and I quote "My home sits in a valley of sort so signal is pretty weak. Its also a 3 store home with a walkout basement. So my work area is downstairs at the lowest part of the house in the lowest part of the neighborhood.

It's the perfect litmus test for cases. The Bumper and naked phone will still show low signal, but will connect to a call. This is the first of the "designer" bumpers that doesn't kill the signal.

I know if I can make a call here, most of the places I go during my daily life will be okay as well". That was his exact quote and he said he only had 2 bars, sometimes 3. So you took the worst possible post and tried to twist it to benefit your Raw case. I have talked to him in a pm regarding those other caps they we mentioned and he is more than happy with his case and he even said later on if you keep reading that he is going to buy a second one, so he must not be to unhappy. You have also seen people who have dropped theirs already and have not broke the phone or the case so the case must be stronger than you think. I still would bet that the Atomic would survive a fall better than the raw. Like I said before, I think the raw would break the glass everytime.

He also states in his very next post that he had "2, maybe 3" bars before it dropped to 1 (his reply to "how many bars did you have before it dropped to 1?"). I'd read that as him having 2, maybe 3 bars before installing the case. I could be wrong, but that's the way it reads.

You get quite defensive about your Atomic case, don't you? Again, have you not yet seen where I've said the case looks good, I just don't want delrin as a protective case? It's no different than others who say that they don't want an Otterbox because it's too bulky, or they don't want an Incipio Feather because it's not enough protection. I have only validated my reasoning behind not wanting a delrin case. And again, that's MY reasoning. It's no different than you validating why you want said case. You seem to be starting to act just like another infamous praiser of Atomic... It's ok man..calm down. Atomic is still going to sell cases whether I buy one or not. Just like Element is, just like Fusion is, etc.

Last edited:

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
I am not being defensive, I stated that I do like the guy from Fusion and that I didn't want to hurt his company or sales. But you keep insisting that the Raw has no negative impacts which infact it does, there are several pages about it. And the person who you are quoting about his phone losing signal also said that it is the ONLY case that has ever allowed him to make a call in his basement and that he was going to buy a second one. Like I said, your comparing the impact of a drop and signal and honestly I think the Atomic out performs the raw in both categories. I know it does in signal and gps but drop testing I am not sure. But, if you like the raw then that is great and I wish Phil and Fusion all the success in the world. He is a pretty genuine guy but I just don't like how you give out false info about the strength and price of delrin and the other composites used to make the Atomic. Because like I said before, we know who is making more profit per case.
He also states in his very next post that he had "2, maybe 3" bars before it dropped to 1 (his reply to "how many bars did you have before it dropped to 1?"). I'd read that as him having 2, maybe 3 bars before installing the case. I could be wrong, but that's the way it reads.

You get quite defensive about your Atomic case, don't you? Again, have you not yet seen where I've said the case looks good, I just don't want delrin as a protective case? It's no different than others who say that they don't want an Otterbox because it's too bulky, or they don't want an Incipio Feather because it's not enough protection. I have only validated my reasoning behind not wanting a delrin case. And again, that's MY reasoning. It's no different than you validating why you want said case. You seem to be starting to act just like another infamous praiser of Atomic... It's ok man..calm down. Atomic is still going to sell cases whether I buy one or not. Just like Element is, just like Fusion is, etc.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I am not being defensive, I stated that I do like the guy from Fusion and that I didn't want to hurt his company or sales. But you keep insisting that the Raw has no negative impacts which infact it does, there are several pages about it. And the person who you are quoting about his phone losing signal also said that it is the ONLY case that has ever allowed him to make a call in his basement and that he was going to buy a second one. Like I said, your comparing the impact of a drop and signal and honestly I think the Atomic out performs the raw in both categories. I know it does in signal and gps but drop testing I am not sure. But, if you like the raw then that is great and I wish Phil and Fusion all the success in the world. He is a pretty genuine guy but I just don't like how you give out false info about the strength and price of delrin and the other composites used to make the Atomic. Because like I said before, we know who is making more profit per case.

How am I giving out false info about the strength of delrin? Can you not look up its impact resistance and see for yourself? How much experience do you have in delrin? Nothing I've stated is "false" about it's strength. The chart I showed earlier about it being weaker in impact resistance than polycarbonate is from a distributor that supplies delrin. Why would they lie about something they are trying to sell? And why do you think delrin is only typically used in applications that call for something with moderate to high abrasion resistance and chemical resistance? Like seals, bearings, bushings, etc?

One other thing...can you point to ANY place that I've said the Raw outperforms the Atomic? Nope...because I haven't said it! I don't have an Atomic to compare, and even if I did, we've seen time and time again that cases show different results in different places. I've said the Raw works for me, but it's not even the only case I use. I have almost 40 of these things, and add to them weekly. I use a different case every other day almost. It's a hobby. But I only use one's that work for me. All I have said is that the Atomic SHOULD work as well as a standard plastic case, as that's pretty much all it is. An expensive plastic bumper (a good looking bumper, but a plastic bumper all the same).

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Yet but your missing my point, its not just delrin, look at bigaheeb's video, do you think delrin would bend that much without breaking? Do you think that lady who dropped her phone onto a tile floor would have survived if it was just delrin? That's all I am saying. And that it's expensive stuff. That was all I was getting at.
How am I giving out false info about the strength of delrin? Can you not look up its impact resistance and see for yourself? How much experience do you have in delrin? Nothing I've stated is "false" about it's strength. The chart I showed earlier about it being weaker in impact resistance than polycarbonate is from a distributor that supplies delrin. Why would they lie about something they are trying to sell? And why do you think delrin is only typically used in applications that cal for something with moderate to high abrasion resistance and chemical resistance? Like seals, bearings, bushings, etc?

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Man, lets just stop this. Its messing up this thread and I don't want to do that. If people look at this to see this case, they don't need to see us bickering over stupid stuff.
How am I giving out false info about the strength of delrin? Can you not look up its impact resistance and see for yourself? How much experience do you have in delrin? Nothing I've stated is "false" about it's strength. The chart I showed earlier about it being weaker in impact resistance than polycarbonate is from a distributor that supplies delrin. Why would they lie about something they are trying to sell? And why do you think delrin is only typically used in applications that call for something with moderate to high abrasion resistance and chemical resistance? Like seals, bearings, bushings, etc?

One other thing...can you point to ANY place that I've said the Raw outperforms the Atomic? Nope...because I haven't said it! I don't have an Atomic to compare, and even if I did, we've seen time and time again that cases show different results in different places. I've said the Raw works for me, but it's not even the only case I use. I have almost 40 of these things, and add to them weekly. I use a different case every other day almost. It's a hobby. But I only use one's that work for me. All I have said is that the Atomic SHOULD work as well as a standard plastic case, as that's pretty much all it is. An expensive plastic bumper (a good looking bumper, but a plastic bumper all the same).

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Yet but your missing my point, its not just delrin, look at bigaheeb's video, do you think delrin would bend that much without breaking? Do you think that lady who dropped her phone onto a tile floor would have survived if it was just delrin? That's all I am saying. And that it's expensive stuff. That was all I was getting at.

Well...you tell me that a Raw would shatter the phone if dropped, but I can tell you first hand that my sliver Raw dropped onto asphalt hasn't shattered my phone. Fell from hip height (trying to get it out of my holster before sitting down in my car) right onto the asphalt, and my phone somehow didn't shatter. But I guess that's "all wrong", since I guess no case but the Atomic could withstand that. And speaking of bending but not breaking...do you remember the magical glass that Apple is touting in these phones, and how it can bend like crazy (remember the deflection video where the front glass bends an amazing amount)? But what happens to that same glass in an impact (why are people breaking iPhone 4 screens if the bending of the glass translates into what kind of impact it can take)? How much a material can flex doesn't always translate into how well it can take an impact.

Well...here's you another example of someone not pleased with Atomic Hybrid, since my last wasn't clear enough. And yes, this is posted over in the Atomic Hybrid thread.... https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/11456638/

Last edited:

NancyZ

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2010
Selden, NY
Well...you tell me that a Raw would shatter the phone if dropped, but I can tell you first hand that my sliver Raw dropped onto asphalt hasn't shattered my phone. Fell from hip height (trying to get it out of my holster before sitting down in my car) right onto the asphalt, and my phone somehow didn't shatter. But I guess that's "all wrong", since I guess no case but the Atomic could withstand that. And speaking of bending but not breaking...do you remember the magical glass that Apple is touting in these phones, and how it can bend like crazy (remember the deflection video where the front glass bends an amazing amount)? But what happens to that same glass in an impact (why are people breaking iPhone 4 screens if the bending of the glass translates into what kind of impact it can take)? How much a material can flex doesn't always translate into how well it can take an impact.

Well...here's you another example of someone not pleased with Atomic Hybrid, since my last wasn't clear enough. And yes, this is posted over in the Atomic Hybrid thread.... https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/11456638/

Am I alone here, or does this dude have something personal against Atomic. There is an underlying tone against them. I think its hilarious.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Am I alone here, or does this dude have something personal against Atomic. There is an underlying tone against them. I think its hilarious.

You're right. I secretly hate Atomic for no reason at all. I've been found out! :rolleyes: Even though I've said that their product looks good and more power to them for selling it. Even said good things about them in the thread regarding it. Even have had regular communication with the apparent owner of the company. But you're right...I have something personal against them. When all I've done is refute where I've been called a liar, and just gave justification as to why I personally wouldn't want a delrin case like these.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
You're right. I secretly hate Atomic for no reason at all. I've been found out! :rolleyes: Even though I've said that their product looks good and more power to them for selling it. Even said good things about them in the thread regarding it. Even have had regular communication with the apparent owner of the company. But you're right...I have something personal against them. When all I've done is refute where I've been called a liar, and just gave justification as to why I personally wouldn't want a delrin case like these.
If your not interested in the case, why are constantly contacting them by email? If your not interested then your not interested! So why send them emails about their product? And two people have already shot that guys negative post down and another guy offered to buy it. So what does that tell you? Your not making sense man. Just drop it.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
If your not interested in the case, why are constantly contacting them by email? If your not interested then your not interested! So why send them emails about their product? And two people have already shot that guys negative post down and another guy offered to buy it. So what does that tell you? Your not making sense man. Just drop it.

So just because I'm not interested in a specific product by a company (in this instance, a delrin case with very thin parts), I can't be interested in ANY other products they make/are going to make? Hmmm...ok. I guess you're not just interested in Apple's iPhone, but EVERY product they make? Same with the type car you drive...are you a fan of EVERY model vehicle that company makes? I contacted/speak with them more about the high-end backings they are supposed to be coming out with soon (although the sales of the hybrid may be pushing that back, I don't know) and the "Sliverback" rugged case. I think delrin could be a good material in a more rugged case, if done correctly. I just don't like it when used in thin areas. I'm interested in how they are going to use delrin and aluminum in that rugged case.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Ok Chris. Your right, no need to continue this, its not doing anyone any good. So lets just stop and let the customers judge the product them selves. I won't say anything else about this subject. We are just spinning in circles anyways.
So just because I'm not interested in a specific product by a company (in this instance, a delrin case with very thin parts), I can't be interested in ANY other products they make/are going to make? Hmmm...ok. I guess you're not just interested in Apple's iPhone, but EVERY product they make? Same with the type car you drive...are you a fan of EVERY model vehicle that company makes? I contacted/speak with them more about the high-end backings they are supposed to be coming out with soon (although the sales of the hybrid may be pushing that back, I don't know) and the "Sliverback" rugged case. I think delrin could be a good material in a more rugged case, if done correctly. I just don't like it when used in thin areas. I'm interested in how they are going to use delrin and aluminum in that rugged case.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Okay this is a little late but it was me who said down in my basement the signal dropped.

Yes, when I go downstairs the bars drop from 3 to 1. Case on or off. I did notice that in a very few spot down there while holding the phone it would drop off totally.

But even without bars, the car will still make calls. None of the other cases, Vapor, Aluma or Fusion allow for that. They all block signal and send an incoming call right to voicemail.

reeco

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
I have no signal issues with the fusion. Check my video. Reception is probs like this:

1.Atomic composite (not all aluminium)
2.Fusionwerkz Raw
3.Vapor
4.Atomic
5.Alumacase

If you want an all aluminium case and want the best signal then the Raw is the way to go! The atomic is just a plastic case with a bit of aluminium and is not an aluminium case in my book.

Good night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.