Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gonz19

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Has anyone gotten their credit for the return of this case. Sent mine back the other day with the address that was given to me but it showed up as undeliverable as is coming back. I am not sure if I wrote return address wrong but I used the one he sent me. Just curious if anyone else has gotten their confirmation of the package being delivered and their money back. Thanks.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
I got mine back yesterday. You must have wrote something wrong I am guessing. Or he just refused the package which I doubt. Who knows man, call usps and ask.
Has anyone gotten their credit for the return of this case. Sent mine back the other day with the address that was given to me but it showed up as undeliverable as is coming back. I am not sure if I wrote return address wrong but I used the one he sent me. Just curious if anyone else has gotten their confirmation of the package being delivered and their money back. Thanks.

Gonz19

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
He told me they sometimes have issues with the zip code. Used 22026 and he said to try 22027. Called the post office and they said the 27 will work. Just have to wait and resend package again. Sux. But at least he replied quickly so I can say they have good customer service.

mrwinky

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2010
So I just got my preorder email, now i'm at a loss. I had the alumacase. And well it didnt work here in canada for me. I really would like an alum case, I did order a carbon fiber backing from SGP waiting for me at home. Now the issue I have with Fusion

1. mixed reports (should I take the plunge)

2. $20 shipping to Canada

3. He's return policy is 5 days after delivery, I can only assume thats diff for international, since I wont get it for 10-15 days, and 10% restocking on preorders (but I think that only applies to US res's) since we dont get a break on shipping.

Sigh what to do......

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
So I just got my preorder email, now i'm at a loss. I had the alumacase. And well it didnt work here in canada for me. I really would like an alum case, I did order a carbon fiber backing from SGP waiting for me at home. Now the issue I have with Fusion

1. mixed reports (should I take the plunge)

2. $20 shipping to Canada

3. He's return policy is 5 days after delivery, I can only assume thats diff for international, since I wont get it for 10-15 days, and 10% restocking on preorders (but I think that only applies to US res's) since we dont get a break on shipping.

Sigh what to do......

If you like the look, and loss of signal doesn't matter, then go for it!

mrwinky

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2010
I dont mind a slight signal loss, but i already only get 2-3 bars at home. With Alumacase it would go to no signal.

Ati007

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
I received mine here you can find picture from it

I'm very happy with this case, make me surprise it doesn't hurt the reception at all.
Unfortunately when I ordered the black wasn't an option so I ordered silver and gunmetal. I like gunmetal better then silver.

The shipping was superfast even to Hungary :) (i ordered elemntcase ar15-v as well and it says Awaiting Fulfillment after 6 days :( )

Last edited:

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Just got my preorder email but silver and black are out. Owner told me they were redoing the process for those 2 because the brushed finish wasn't right (as several of you have said). So I look forward to seeing what the new finish looks like on the silver.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
He does have the new burnt orange available in the store now. I like the looks of it. I ordered it to add to my clear and gunmetal colors.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
He does have the new burnt orange available in the store now. I like the looks of it. I ordered it to add to my clear and gunmetal colors.

Got my order code this AM and popped on the orange as well. Maybe I can put it on the wife's phone to replace orange bumper.

I'm starting to develop quiet the assortment of cases. One of these days Ill keep a Vapor just to have a complete collection.

Last edited:

reeco

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
I'm just uploading a detailed video to youtube. Will be up in an hour or so. :)

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Very good video reeco! Please post a follow up video after you get to use the case a bit, especially in regards to signal and gps. Also, how does it feel in the hand, being that the sides are all open?:D

reeco

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Very good video reeco! Please post a follow up video after you get to use the case a bit, especially in regards to signal and gps. Also, how does it feel in the hand, being that the sides are all open?:D

Just took a drive and gps worked perfect. Signal seems fine everywhere I have been and internet is working great. It takes a bit to get used to the feel, but it feels great. Very solid and sturdy.

I'll post a full review in a week or so. :)

Glad you like the video.

thinkdiesel

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Just a follow up after using it a couple of days.

• GPS is working smoothly, no hiccups.
  • Reception is very usable, slightly hindered speed, but does not take anything away from my daily web browsing or streaming videos.
  • Streaming videos have been flawless still on Veetle and even Zshare with Sunfire. I was expecting to be hit with lag but to my surprise still good. Facetime and Tango still works smoothly.

So overall I didn't see a dramatic decrease in speed as the speedtest shows. And one side note, speed seems to vary with cities, because my neighboring city im getting blazing fast speeds upwards of 4mbps. And the ping on the speedtest for whatever reason is always better when I'm gripping the the phone deathgrip style :confused:

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
My order for the Blue hasn't arrived yet. I'm not seeing as many pics as I thought I would in the posts. Are most of you guys still waiting on your orders?

okayplayer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
Anyone want mine? Gunmetal open back, pre-order pricing. USPS box unopened. I'll take pre-order price + whatever shipping is to your house. Decided to stick with the impact-band

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
ok, here are some pics of the Royal Blue. I've only been testing it for a little while but I have seen no loss in any signal of any kind

Attachments

• DSC_0533.jpg
    DSC_0533.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0549.jpg
    DSC_0549.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0553.jpg
    DSC_0553.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0554.jpg
    DSC_0554.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0556.jpg
    DSC_0556.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 80

White/Rhino

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
More Pics

Attachments

• DSC_0565.jpg
    DSC_0565.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0561.jpg
    DSC_0561.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0557.jpg
    DSC_0557.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0530.jpg
    DSC_0530.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0583.jpg
    DSC_0583.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 61

okayplayer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
Man - that looks so nice... damn you now I'm going to have to open mine. :D
Has anyone posted thoughts on how much this case would protect on a pocket height drop to the floor? I'm thinking not much but curious to hear opinions.

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
Here are some pics of the new Burnt Orange that I just received today. The anodizing is ALOT better than the previous two I had. I have performed lots of tests already but I am going to wait until tomorrow so I can post the results of my Raw vs. Vapor vs. Hybrid Element all together. But so far I am very impressed with this new case compared to the other two I had. Its looks WAY better and performs better also. Anyways, here are some pics,
photo4.jpg

This picture came out awesome, it really shows the most accurate color and details of the case. Some of you may have heard me say this before but I am a Orange freak so to me this case looks awesome.
100_1259.jpg

100_1262.jpg

100_1264.jpg

100_1273.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.