'Fuze' Case for iPhone 7 Aims to Bring Back the 3.5mm Headphone Jack

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
TowardsZero.weebly.com
Satire, people! The video is satire! Sheesh...

satire
ˈsatʌɪə/
noun

1. the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
    "the crude satire seems to be directed at the fashionable protest singers of the time"
    synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature; More

• a play, novel, film, or other work which uses satire.
      plural noun: satires
      "a stinging satire on American politics"
      synonyms: parody, burlesque, caricature, lampoon, skit, take-off, squib, travesty; More

• a genre of literature characterized by the use of satire.
      "a number of articles on Elizabethan satire"

Reactions: Rmonster

GuyFromFuzeAd

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Satire, people! The video is satire! Sheesh...

satire
ˈsatʌɪə/
noun

1. the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
    "the crude satire seems to be directed at the fashionable protest singers of the time"
    synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature; More

• a play, novel, film, or other work which uses satire.
      plural noun: satires
      "a stinging satire on American politics"
      synonyms: parody, burlesque, caricature, lampoon, skit, take-off, squib, travesty; More

• a genre of literature characterized by the use of satire.
      "a number of articles on Elizabethan satire"
But acknowledging that it's satire is so much less fun than taking it at face value and finding ways to get upset about it.

Reactions: Rmonster

GuyFromFuzeAd

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Let us entertain you / Let us make you smile ;)
Yall have been doing a great job of that, believe me.

I'd also be happy to answer any questions about the video, eg, "why are you such a bad actor" and "why do I just want to punch you in the face" or if you just want to leave a comment, eg, "God I really just want to punch you in the face" I'd be happy to respond to that too.

allenvanhellen

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2015
This is clearly cheaper and smaller and easier and eco-friendlier than just putting and leaving the included adapter on your headphones... NOT!

ColdShadow

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2013
This is great! I want more adapters to help adapt to my aging technology. It isn't fair that my car doesn't have a cassette player. To play all of my cassette tapes.
Just because they used a different connector won't make the other,standard connector that is used in millions of other devices "aging technology".that's really silly.

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Yes, the entire video was cringe-worthy, but as an aspiring motion graphics editor, this is what got to me:

What lazy matte generation! :mad:

EDIT: I took a few minutes to fix it. It would've been quicker without the original lazy job.
I don't get what you have fixed.
[doublepost=1475200835][/doublepost]
If you have a battery case why do you need to charge and listen at the same time?
What? You have a battery case so you don't listen to something and charge at the same time?

Koshtaru

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Wisconsin
I love how the guy refers to the blood pressure monitor as connecting via the audio jack but it actually uses the 30 pin connector shown in the still screenshot.. I highly doubt grandma is using that as her sole means of monitoring her vital signs at her age... ;)

CmdrPuffin

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2013
I like the idea behind the case and it looks pretty slick but I'm never backing another case via crowd funding again. Back when the iPhone 5 launched I backed the iExpander which was one of the first battery cases designed to function with the new lightning cable. Here we are at the launch of the iPhone 7 and I still haven't received anything from the iExpander team. Basically investor beware when it comes to crowd funded accessories. I wish the team luck but it really does seem these things fall apart more often than they succeed.

cmanbrazil

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
Is it really that horrible to not have a headphone jack???
I didn't think it was horrible originally, just a nuisance, but now that I have had the phone for a few days it's becoming really annoying. First the battery life thus far isn't significantly better than my six plus. So yes I need to charge and listen to music, videos, games etc. at the same time by the end of the day. Play games, watch movies, etc and you will eventually need to charge and listen at the same time or you need to quit listening while you charge. I NEED a dongle and a case to carry it in because where else am I going to carry any dongle? The dongles for my laptop go into a laptop bag, that is never far from the computer. I don't have an equivalent for an iPhone unless it is a case.

I'm glad the video makes fun of apple at the same time it provides a solution for there money hungry move.

I do agree the jack is gone forever so unless android vastly improves its ecosystem a dongle case it is!

bingeciren

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2011
Is it really that horrible to not have a headphone jack???
No, it's that horrible but it's annoying to carry an extra dongle and I'm perfectly happy with my existing 3.5mm jack headphones and have no intension or desire to go and buy a BT or lightning headphones.

Reactions: leroypants

BobVB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
I would love to know why Apple seemingly won't license the Lightning port to third parties like they have with Thunderbolt. Why can't any battery cases (except the ones Apple makes themselves) have a Lightning port for charging instead of micro USB?
The EU requires that all cell phones charge with a microUSB, that’s why all iPhones sold there come with a free lightning to MicroUSB adapter. I think most manufacturers default to MicroUSB because of that. I assume manufacturers don’t want to make more items than they need.

My carry-around MicroUSB charging cable as one attached - I can charge the iPhone, a friend’s Android, and the battery pack itself all with the same cable.
[doublepost=1475244361][/doublepost]
I found the video hilarious and terrible and cringeworthy and great all at the same time.

I think the product is a good idea, and I don't think it will be the only example. I hope they are successful if it's well made and works properly. Still think it was a ridiculous decision of Apple to get rid of the headphone socket.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be interesting if Apple made their own version of this, seeing as they do make the lightning to headphone adapter and they do make the much-maligned lumpy battery cases... Why not combine the two?
My sincere guess is that Apple has other plans - we’ve seen the filings for the broadcast wireless charging they are involved with and that is the future they probably see - where you plug in a charger at your desk and all your Apple products from phone to watch are trickle charging while you are just sitting there holding and wearing them - wireless charging done right.

Their solution for the legacy 3.5mm port is the adapter, at best they would make their battery pack with two lightning ports instead of just one.

Last edited:

Nicksd84

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I don't get what you have fixed.
[doublepost=1475200835][/doublepost]
What? You have a battery case so you don't listen to something and charge at the same time?
Calm down Richard. It was a joke.
[doublepost=1475249669][/doublepost]
There are some people that like to keep their phone charged at all times. I think it's slightly an OCD thing... I feel like it is for me at least.
Ha. I'm actually the same way.

B4U

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
For pete's sake, get some Bluetooth headphones.
Please let me know which Bluetooth headphones can match the wired ones' stability.
I have yet to find a pair that does not sound like crap when the phone is in my pocket.
Mind you that I have been using different Bluetooth stereo headphones since 2007.
[doublepost=1475256635][/doublepost]
There are some people that like to keep their phone charged at all times. I think it's slightly an OCD thing... I feel like it is for me at least.
slowly raising hand ready for high five...

Last edited: