Get Emotionicons without hacking!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Akira1980, Jan 23, 2009.

1. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

2. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

:D Awesome THANX!!! I just downloaded it , I can't jailbreak my iphone on my new Alu Macbook for some reason though so I just bought it

3. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

What exactly does this app do beside enable Emoji? After enabling Emoji, do you then use this program to then send your texts? Or, do you use the regular SMS app?

I tried this method as well and it was not very friendly to use. But, I'll do anything to get the smiling pile of poop!

5. Akira1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Akira1980

6. Akira1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Akira1980

Regular SMS. It just enables emoji functions that comes with iPhone by default. Once you enable emoji, you don't have to use the app again. It is suppose to be some kind of news feed app. But it has a great side effect that enables emoji on none JPN iphone. :)

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Thanks.

So, what am I doing wrong? I can't enable the Emoji.

1) I DL'd app, played around with it a little (clicked on some stories for a minute)

2) Closed it and opened up Settings icon

3) Then went settings->general->international->keyboards->Japanese

4) But, when I click on Japanese, I only see "QWERTY" and "Kana" (no "Emoji" button to slide).

And when I go into SMS, I still don't see an Emoji.

Update: I just repeated all the above steps and the Emoji are now there! I wonder if you can now delete the Frostyplace app?

8. Akira1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Akira1980

It takes few tries. Make sure to play with the app for few minutes. Click on few articles, click on two button at the bottom, etc. It took me 3 tries and it took my friend 4 times before "emoji" option showed under Japanese keyboard setting. Once you enable it, go to SMS and you can click the global button next to the space bar and emoji should show up. Now you can start to annoy your friends. :D

9. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Got it, works! hehe really sweet.

Sent an SMS to my gf and she was like "omggg how did you do that!"

lol.. awesome.

Sushi icon for the win.

10. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It's cool the first day and that was it...

11. Akira1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Akira1980

Ya, worth $0.99 for sure. I think this guy created one of the best app unintentionally. He is going to make lots of money. All of my friends with iPhone got this app today. LOL

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Poop icon for the win! And I don't even own a fart app.

Also, FYI, you can safely delete the app and still have the Emoji. Works in email too!

Isn't this the first official app that has been allowed to alter the settings content?

I agree. This is probably the most useful app I have DL'd from the App Store in the last 3 months.

13. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Why does everyone keep saying they come out with a full line of faces at a time? Mine come out one by one, maybe the jailbroken ones do that but the paid ones work great, worth the 99 cents

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I don't think anyone is. Re-read the post below. He is referring to a different method of enabling Emoji (not Frostybite).

15. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

Maybe it was on purpose!! But it works and yes I will use about 2 of the icons and then never use it again but it was 99$ from my couch cushions! I do like the smiling poop!! is that really poop or does it represent something else in Japan? Too bad this site doesn't support them!! I could post smiling poop all day!

16. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

You need to use a USB hub, a direct connection will not work because iTunes will not see it in DFU mode. This is to do with the new USBcontorller on the main-board of the new laptops.

I hope that helps you :)

17. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Did not know that Thanx :D ! Yes that helps!

18. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Sea Slug in brown sauce.....LOLOLOL:D:D:D

Thanx for the tip. Downloaded.

19. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

OOOHHH! the brown peanut sauce like the tai food I like that! Hey is anyone else hungry here?

So serious now - why can only iPhone seem them?

And when I use beejive and send them as a text message to a friend (though AIM) he does not see them (at least he says he can't)?

20. Akira1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Akira1980

All the Japanese phone supports emoji. It is standard feature there. But in US, only iPhone supports them I think. For now at least.

21. Tanj macrumors newbie

Any word on whether or not we can delete the app from our phones once emoji is enabled?

22. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Once emoji is enabled, you can delete the app.

23. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

In fact, I had to get my iphone replaced twice over the weekend and when I synced all my contacts and stuff back on the new iphone Emoji was there - I didn't even have to put the app back on to enable it. So it obviously backs up as well.

24. slicecom macrumors 68020

Has anyone tried doing this in 2.2.1? I know if you already had emoji enabled before, they still work, but I just downloaded the app now (I've already updated to 2.2.1) and I get this error every time I open the app:

[​IMG]