Getting irritated now

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

We are Apple fans so we have more tolerance for things because we know Apple will fix it or get it right but it's just irritating sometimes and I can understand where you are coming from. You'd be throwing your watch out the window right now if you were on WatchOS 2.0 (like I am).

2. nasa25 macrumors 65816

All you hooligans throwing around the gate suffix, watch CNN now to learn about where it came from.

3. jardinager macrumors regular

jardinager

Well said. I love my watch, but it is too seriously flawed for this price point.

4. rosario1990 macrumors regular

So your recommendation touse OS2?

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68040

NovemberWhiskey

These are likely software issues. So a new piece of hardware wont fix the problem. A new os update might.

6. GrumpyMom macrumors G3

GrumpyMom

I'm sorry but this post had me laughing. Not at your plight, which sucks, but your watch placing you at the equator. Your watch is acting like it is stuck in the Bermuda Triangle.

Don't just tell us, make that Genius Bar appointment and get this straightened out. I'd be ranting, too. Oh crap, you don't live near an Apple Store do you? Or am I getting you mixed up with another forum member? Anyway, call Apple and get this resolved.

My weather display has been really wonky this week, too. I don't know what's going on. I get blank dashes for a few moments sometimes before it fills in. But it's just been this week so I'm keeping an eye on it.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I'm no stranger to complaining about minutiae, but did anyone really buy an Apple Watch for the sunrise/sunset complication? Ok, it's broken. But I'll still take an Apple watch with a likely fixable problem over any other smart watch on the market. If it bugs you, replace the complication with something that works for now.

8. kamalds macrumors regular

That's is why you buy a expensive timepiece from a reputed watch maker. I bought a Rado Gold Diastar for $1000 and it came with 11 real diamonds.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I've never heard of Rado. o_O

10. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

You didn't spend Grand for a watch. You paid $500-599 for the watch and an additional 400+ for the watch band. Watch band quality won't make any of the follow points above any better (except Point #3.)

Secondly, getting the $400 model vs the $10,000 model doesn't change the performance of the watch. This isn't really like a handmade swiss watch. Bill of materials and Teardown will tell you that all models have the same circuit memory, etc.

And "more actually getting your **** together". - Well, look at this way....
    Its quite ridiculous to think an Apple employee will sit and checkoff every single complaint you have until it is perfect. They sold how many of these in 3 months? It's based on a manufacturing process which the vendors in question follow a qualifications process and in that, there a suspect defective rate per quantity which is used to gauge quality. This is process majority of manufacturing based companies would follow.

Ideally, if problems like this are found - it's important for Apple to know about them so they can create adequate production screen testing for specific customer complaints only if the complaint of the customer is considered in high volume (i.e. this problem is found in a certain percentage of the produced bands...etc etc).

11. profmatt thread starter macrumors 68000

profmatt

Well, yes, I have done that.

It's a bit like when someone promises they're going to give you a big bag of chocolates and then doesn't. You're no worse off than you were before - you didn't have any chocolate and you still don't - but you've been robbed of the hope and expectation.

I never cared about sunset times before. But when Apple taught me they were a thing I wanted them. I wanted them bad. And - for a few magical days - I had them.

I can't go back. I won't.

12. troy14 macrumors 6502a

13. Katherine Law macrumors newbie

Makes you miss Steve Jobs. He was just so much better at everything.

14. Katherine Law macrumors newbie

I've had the weather display problem on my watch face as well. It comes and goes. I have read numerous forums and articles about people having the same issue. It's definitely a bug because even when my iPhone is working fine, sometimes I'll still have the "--", and sometimes it'll just be one, like the H:"--" and then L:"66" will still work, other times, its both and location. Oh well.

15. GrumpyMom macrumors G3

GrumpyMom

Yikes! Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't realized it was something of an issue. Yeah, I've noted a few by now. I love this Apple Watch but it's definitely showing its first generation status. But I willingly signed on for this.

I have dreamed of something like this ever since I was a little girl watching Electro Woman and Dyna Girl talk and do other crazy stuff on their wrist computers called "Electro coms". I made one of my own out of an empty plastic nail container and a strap I made out of something else. Of course it was powered by my imagination, only.

Attached Files:

16. slippery-pete macrumors 68000

slippery-pete

I agree. Next thing you know Apple will start making musical instruments. The Apple Trumpet!

17. jannette macrumors 6502

Wonder if we would all feel compelled to buy one? LOL!!

18. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

To each his own, but I think that is a very ugly timepiece. I hate yellow gold, and I am not a fan of diamonds. And yes, I am a girl, so it is always assumed I love diamonds.

19. paulsdenton macrumors 6502

paulsdenton

The weather app DOES take quite a while to load and activate. Mine, however gives me accurate info. It is a pain to have to wait so long for it. By the time it loads I could go get the phone and see it there.

20. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

If you think the watch is ultimately something you may want, but can't live with a few short-term software issues that will certainly be patched in the coming months, that is totally understandable. My advice: SELL your watch and then sit it out until about this time next year when Gen 2 is on the street and WatchOS has significantly evolved.

21. soulreaver99, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

soulreaver99 macrumors 68030

soulreaver99

I have the watch and it looks great but I feel that the Moto 360 at this point is much more useful.
    • Android Wear does a better job on the fitness portion IMO
    • You can't reply back to emails (yet)
    • You can't reply back to WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Hangouts etc... anything except for the Apple's stock Messages app
    • Siri can't compare to google now. Not even close
    • Managing notifications is a mess on the Apple Watch. I have to open the notification, scroll all the way down and dismiss. Really? Why can't I just swipe if I don't care to open it like on Android? I'm a dumbass. I just learned to swipe left
    • Notifications don't sync correctly sometimes
    • Black stainless steel Apple Watch $1100. Black Stainless Steel Moto 360 $199. LOL think about it.
    Unfortunately there's no official support for Android Wear for iOS. The second that happens, I am selling my Watch. However, I understand this is first gen, so I am willing to give the completed Watch OS2 if that comes out before Android Wear on iOS.

22. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Are you trying to dismiss just one notification or would you like to dismiss all? Because you can just force touch to clear all? if you want to dismiss, you can also swipe to the left.

I've had the Moto 360 (since launch) and it was a good watch but the notifications kept on coming in waves. Every time I just looked at my watch there was a notification taking up my watch. I know that it can also happen on the apple watch. But that red dot on the top of the screen is awesome and I prefer that better.

23. soulreaver99 macrumors 68030

soulreaver99

Ah! I've been swiping it wrong lol. Thanks for the tip.

24. KPOM macrumors G5

I haven't had any issues with my link band. Maybe you got a defective one.

25. Archer1440 Suspended

Archer1440

You mean, like PING, the first MBA, or like MobileMe? Which one, specifically?

(insert eye roll here)

The watch is far better than any of those Jobsian miscues. Apple under Jobs was great but far from perfect.