Getting my apple music back?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by bowerr, Mar 21, 2016.

1. bowerr macrumors newbie

So I had apple music about 6 months ago and stopped using it as i could not afford it. I today re subscribed to apple music and was wondering if there was a way i could get all my saved music back that I have from the previous time around

2. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

That is a good question--and I don't have the answer--but I just switched back to Spotify and since you go from Premium pay to free, you always keep your saved music. I'm sure someone knows how that works with AM.

3. cjo85 macrumors newbie

cjo85

When I renewed my Apple Music after I cancelled the trial my saved music wasn't downloaded automatically and I wasn't able to find a list of what I had added either.

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i don't know either. I'm really thinking hard. the only thing i can think of is if your using itunes you can use a smart playlist

click on file
    click on new
    click on smart playlist
    try the rules
    iCloud status is apple music
    media kind is music
    click ok??

thats all i can think of

if cancelling apple music deletes everything from iCloud then i don't know.. i thought the apple music stays on the computer.. but not in a playable form
    --- Post Merged, Mar 25, 2016 ---
    i believe anything itunes related gives you free telephone support. you don't need applecare to call them

5. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I also thought someone posted the AM is greyed out. I may continue mine at end of trial next week. Or, I may take screenshots of my now lengthy Favorites Playlists. Then re-purchase from iTunes to get it back.

6. Tech198 macrumors G4

Apple music is only greyed out if u need to re-authorize, or AM songs is removed , but still exists in your playlist.

Otherwise sign out and sign back in.