Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
IF (and that's a big if), the supply is extremely low as predicted by "sources", would anyone who ends up lucky enough to snag one before the holiday season try to sell it for a small profit?

I am not blown away by the X, but am impressed. I was thinking if can sell it to make a few hundred (or double my money which would be nice). Also, I am toying with the idea of getting an s8+ because I am bored with iOS and am looking for something new. However, if the iPhone X is as nice in person as the videos make it to be, then maybe I will just keep it.

Don't bother commenting to berate me on the idea on how its "morally wrong". I could care less and if I can profit well enough from this then you bet your ass I will sell it.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
IF (and that's a big if), the supply is extremely low as predicted by "sources", would anyone who ends up lucky enough to snag one before the holiday season try to sell it for a small profit?

I am not blown away by the X, but am impressed. I was thinking if can sell it to make a few hundred (or double my money which would be nice). Also, I am toying with the idea of getting an s8+ because I am bored with iOS and am looking for something new. However, if the iPhone X is as nice in person as the videos make it to be, then maybe I will just keep it.

Don't bother commenting to berate me on the idea on how its "morally wrong". I could care less and if I can profit well enough from this then you bet your ass I will sell it.

You could care less yet you made a thread for this.

Droidbricker

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016

I used to flip a lot of phones but scammers have made it a real pita and it’s just not worth the risk to me anymore. I’m going to buy an X but it had better be absolutely flawless or else it’s going back to Apple. They’re already charging more for less with this phone and I’m not going to pay a premium for a 1/2 assed beta project.

protoxx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2013
If you want absolution for your mis-deeds you need to see a priest and donate your mis-gotten gains and repent.

Reactions: clunkmess

Droidbricker

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016
Cool, now I’m going to buy one of each color and each storage configuration, then return at least 3 of them to Apple after I decide which one I want to keep. Because of me, you’ll be begging OP to sell your an iPhone X for $300 over retail when your ship date is well into 2018.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Cool, now I’m going to buy one of each color and each storage configuration, then return at least 3 of them to Apple after I decide which one I want to keep. Because of me, you’ll be begging OP to sell your an iPhone X for $300 over retail when your ship date is well into 2018.
Good luck with that. Like any other recent iPhone launch, I guarantee you it will be capped at 2.

Reactions: Jabar18 and ABC5S

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR

Good for OP if he decides to sell it, there will be plenty to go around with time. People need to learn patience and that waiting a few more weeks won't kill anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011

There are tons of people who are pre-ordering who are buying to sell.

Happens with every new design especially.

Speechless

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2015
Non-gentrified Brooklyn.
you know what..at first I wanted all you scalpers stoned in the streets of Philadelphia

..but now..

If I can sell it to someone for double..why should I deny myself some extra dough? Do you know how many bands I could get??

wiJcKfa.gif

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
People here (rightly) don't like flippers.

I'm not interested in the ipX, but it would be poetic justice in a way to deprive the scalpers of 2 phones by my pre-ordering.

My credit is good and the Apple Store is only 1.5 miles from my house should I want to return them. :D

All I said earlier...it's not the Apple fans alone who will be buying this phone. And those "Good, there will be more for me" posters need shutting up, too. Makes one think. :D

And if someone wants to pay extra to buy my phones, I'm not adverse to making money. Maybe I will pre-order after all.

I'm with Verizon and those phones will be the hottest tickets to boot!

Last edited:
Reactions: Droidbricker

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I don’t blame the flippers. I blame the people who make it profitable for them.

I wouldn’t pay a penny above retail value just to get a luxury product sooner.

So you're telling me you wouldn't pay $999.01 or $1149.01 for an iPhone X in hand on launch day if someone offered it to you. I find that hard to believe lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.