Getting the X only to sell it for a small profit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eggtastic, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

IF (and that's a big if), the supply is extremely low as predicted by "sources", would anyone who ends up lucky enough to snag one before the holiday season try to sell it for a small profit?

I am not blown away by the X, but am impressed. I was thinking if can sell it to make a few hundred (or double my money which would be nice). Also, I am toying with the idea of getting an s8+ because I am bored with iOS and am looking for something new. However, if the iPhone X is as nice in person as the videos make it to be, then maybe I will just keep it.

Don't bother commenting to berate me on the idea on how its "morally wrong". I could care less and if I can profit well enough from this then you bet your ass I will sell it.

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Bored and you want to make extra money. Why don’t you get yourself a hobby and a better paying job. ;)

3. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

4. FoxD macrumors 6502

I am going to get as many as possible to sell...hopefully make enough to keep mine from profits.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You could care less yet you made a thread for this.

6. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

I used to flip a lot of phones but scammers have made it a real pita and it’s just not worth the risk to me anymore. I’m going to buy an X but it had better be absolutely flawless or else it’s going back to Apple. They’re already charging more for less with this phone and I’m not going to pay a premium for a 1/2 assed beta project.

7. ACST macrumors regular

8. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

If you want absolution for your mis-deeds you need to see a priest and donate your mis-gotten gains and repent.

9. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

Why, for doing what every corporation does? It’s ok for Apple to do it but not OP?

10. ACST macrumors regular

yes.

11. Macalway macrumors 68020

We need a Scalpers thread.

Scalpers are people too! (or will be in a few thousand years)

12. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

Cool, now I’m going to buy one of each color and each storage configuration, then return at least 3 of them to Apple after I decide which one I want to keep. Because of me, you’ll be begging OP to sell your an iPhone X for $300 over retail when your ship date is well into 2018.

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Good luck with that. Like any other recent iPhone launch, I guarantee you it will be capped at 2.

14. DaveOP, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017

DaveOP macrumors 65816

Good for OP if he decides to sell it, there will be plenty to go around with time. People need to learn patience and that waiting a few more weeks won't kill anyone.

15. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I don’t blame the flippers. I blame the people who make it profitable for them.

I wouldn’t pay a penny above retail value just to get a luxury product sooner.

16. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

There are tons of people who are pre-ordering who are buying to sell.

Happens with every new design especially.

17. Speechless macrumors 6502a

you know what..at first I wanted all you scalpers stoned in the streets of Philadelphia

..but now..

If I can sell it to someone for double..why should I deny myself some extra dough? Do you know how many bands I could get??

[​IMG]

18. jetlagged macrumors 6502

19. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

20. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

21. bufffilm, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I'm not interested in the ipX, but it would be poetic justice in a way to deprive the scalpers of 2 phones by my pre-ordering.

My credit is good and the Apple Store is only 1.5 miles from my house should I want to return them. :D

All I said earlier...it's not the Apple fans alone who will be buying this phone. And those "Good, there will be more for me" posters need shutting up, too. Makes one think. :D

And if someone wants to pay extra to buy my phones, I'm not adverse to making money. Maybe I will pre-order after all.

I'm with Verizon and those phones will be the hottest tickets to boot!

22. KGB7 Suspended

KGB7

If people are freely willing to be ripped off by paying double for a phone, than who am I to judge them.

23. ssrij Suspended

Karma will take care of him/her :)

24. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

The point is though that doing this takes stock away from others. Some honest person who pre-orders day one has more chance of not getting it at launch because of scalpers.

25. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

So you're telling me you wouldn't pay $999.01 or $1149.01 for an iPhone X in hand on launch day if someone offered it to you. I find that hard to believe lol.