Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you glad you didn't purchase an iPad Air?

• Yes, I'm glad I didn't get the iPad Air. I can wait.

Votes: 72 19.2%
  • I have an iPad Air

Votes: 213 56.8%
  • I don't have an iPad Air yet, but I plan on getting one

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • This poll is horrible (other - please explain)

Votes: 77 20.5%

• Total voters

MacDude21

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2013
I love my air. I have no problems with it and i pity the fools with their old, heavy ipads. Good luck reading an article with one hand while drinking a whiskey with the other with your ipad 3:s. This thread is stupid.
^^^^^^

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
I picked up the following:
1. 32Gb iPad air on sale for $530
2. 32Gb iPad rMini on sale for $470
3. 16Gb iPad4 cellular on sale for $332

I ended up keeping the iPad4 because it crashed less than the other two (I made the mistake of updating it to iOS7 to run all three iPads on the same OS when comparing their performance).

The $200 I saved with the iPad4 will go toward the iPad air2 or the rMini2 if they have more than 2Gb of RAM when they launch:eek::p:eek:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Well , I can't understand the point.
You could buy it form BB with the 50$ discount and install 7.1 when will be released ....:confused:

No, I need the return window to cover my experience with 7.1. If I don't like what I am personally witnessing, I'm stuck with it since the return period may have expired.

I don't really review the ios forum. If there are any problems with 7.1, all you get is posts stating "well what do you expect since it is only beta". :)

----------

What a silly argument. The 4,3,2 etc are all junk compared to the air. The air is so thin and light you just have to live with it a few wks to appreciate the weight loss and how much more mobile it is. My 4 never left its stand and my air goes out all the time

The others are junk in what sense? Because the Air is lighter and thinner? People lived with the older ones for years and still do.

These posts (I will not even bother replying to the other dude who feels sorry about those with older iPads), because these size and weight posts are ridiculous. Older Ipads ain't bricks, there is much more going on with why people are glad they don't have an Air like RAM, iOS 7, etc. GEEZ!!!

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I think we all get very mixed up with the hype whenever apple release anything new. I mean let's face it, unless you are on a first or second gen iPad then there's hardly any need to upgrade other than your own conviction or desire to generated by good marketing on apples side. Kudos to apple on this one, they seem to be the only company that can pull this off these days. I'm currently on an iPad 4 ( my first btw) and will probably keep it until the battery dies or it no longer fits my needs. These no need to jump at everything new, and the fact that you forgot about wanting to upgrade proofs that it was purely a decision made for you by apples marketing machine. Seriously, you will know when it's time to upgrade.

This^^ I was all ready to go and grab the Air and then I came to my senses. My3 (my first ipad, waited for retina) works perfectly fine, fits all my needs and then some so why waste the money. Yeah Apple is real clever with their marketing, between them and all they hype you read around here.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
This^^ I was all ready to go and grab the Air and then I came to my senses. My3 (my first ipad, waited for retina) works perfectly fine, fits all my needs and then some so why waste the money. Yeah Apple is real clever with their marketing, between them and all they hype you read around here.

As much as I may like an Air on 7.1 and if I get a good price, I somehow feel my 1st gen cellular mini which has been my ipad keeper will win out again. It already has with all the others I've tried.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
come on

i wish the clamshell pro will hurry up already and release the ipad air version, sheeeeeeeeeeesh, what is holding them up??????????????????????????

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
You seem in doubt with your decision and looking for approval.

This is the truest answer in this thread. We all do it, I wish OP would just be honest about it. I sold my 3 on amazon in a day and have the iPad Air now. Sure you can say it's not that different standing at the display in the store but once you have this thing for more than a few hours it is AMAZING. Lighter, snappier, and the screen is beautiful.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Happy with my iPad 4

Yep, very happy with my iPad 4, didn't see any benefit in leaving it for the Air, I'm waiting for an iPad with more RAM, then I'll take the plunge, until then? iPad 4 is perfect for me. :)

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
The air is the best tablet ever made. Couldn't be happier.

I agree! Sold my 4 that weighed a ton ... A7 is fast, battery life is strong, game on it all day no LAG nor any heat! This as a pencil! Glad I got rid of that HEAVY Ipad 4 no regrets! By the way .. it is PERFECT! No screen issues at all ! Wife got the Mini R .. Text too small and no canvas for gaming!

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Horrible poll, why do you have "I can wait" there? What if we already have an iPad for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.