Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
What's your first impression on the GM guys?
Any major bug? How is the speed? What's different from the latest beta of iOS 7?

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Too early to comment on battery life just yet, but the phone is running cooler, animations (especially Safari scrolling) appears to be a bit quicker. Not entirely to my liking, but a slight improvement. Closing apps seems a tad more upbeat as well. Liking it so far, 20 minutes in.

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Can you post a screen of the new wallpapers please?

BTW: new ringtones doesn't seem nice, from what I heard in the keynote video..

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
For some reason siri sounds awful again. It's really low quality, nothing like It's been since Beta 2. Maybe I've missed something?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
For some reason siri sounds awful again. It's really low quality, nothing like It's been since Beta 2. Maybe I've missed something?

Yep they reverted Siri for some reason. For example, I used to be able to say, "Call Mike Johnson, mobile" and Siri would reply, "Calling Mike Johnson's mobile."

Now she just says, "Calling Mike Johnson, - Mobile."

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
iPad 4: the annoying pop-in when closing apps with a 4-fingers gesture is STILL there, even with set as new, clean iPad! Still kinda glitchy and buggy.

Disappointed.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
So.. Does Beta 7 come out today ;)

Exactly. It may be even worse than B6 restored to my ancient backup originating on iOS 4. I have just now closed an app and it froze for solid 5 seconds. Horrible glitching of Reminders app (the background switches back and forth to the wallpaper when closing).

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
For me it's been almost identical to Beta 6. Yes, there are new sounds and wallpapers which are nice, but performance wise there's nary a big difference to be found. Rotation with the keyboard up on my 5 still is choppy, certain parts like going into "more" after a long press on a message still chops; there's more micro stutters all around than iOS 6. But generally it's more than acceptable, though the animations could definitely use a speed boost. Still as ugly as ever, unless you're into a sickening amount of Gaussian blur, lurid colors, and stark white backgrounds.

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
On my iPad 2 when using the spotlight the keyboard doesn't always span the whole screen in landscape. But it's faster that beta 6.

A few things need to be ironed out on a x.0.1 release but I haven't found anything major.

The settings reset thing did the trick on mine.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013
Heres some benchmarks. It will disappoint you.

bHI0Rf5.png

iOS 6.1.4 iPhone 5.

4K2QTAo.png

iOS 7 GM iPhone 5.

As you can see, extremely disappointing.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
I wouldn't do benchmarks this soon after updating. You don't know what background processes are running, pulling iCloud stuff, indexing...

jameskoole

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
Holding the shutter of the iPhone 5 seems to work. Not sure if it did this before, but it takes pics fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.