Good Bye iPhone and Apparently Macrumors too!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dextor143, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Dextor143, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011

Dextor143 macrumors 6502

Thats right!

Guys, I have been an apple fan for almost 6 years now...From Macbook pro to iPhone, apple tv, iPod, iPad and iMac, I have it all. The problem is with my iPhone. I have using iPhone for 4 years all the way from 3G to and now iPhone 4 for almost 1 year now and I have been using it with TMobile thinking it will one day use the 3G service by either TMobile upgrading their services or AT&T acquiring them. It doesn't seem like any of the 2 will ever happen. I am sorry to say, I will not be going to AT&T as I already hate them.

I am paying 3G unlimited internet from TMobile for 3 years and have never used a bit of it since it was only edge starting from iPhone 3G.

Today, one of my friend came home to show me his windows 7.5 and I hate to admit that i felt like a year behind in speed due to the fact I cannot use any of his feature on iPhone.

Lastly, I will miss coming here to this site and this forum as there are number of helpful people who taught me a lot of things ( special thanks to Apple juice)

I will be back once I will see iPhone coming to TMobile or any merger, in short, I had to take it out as it was really hard to go to windows as I used to be the only person always supporting Mac.

Thanks

SR

2. netslacker macrumors 6502

So, I don't get it.. you're ditching all your Mac stuff because you're in love with T-Mobile? or maybe you just hate ATT? whichever. You do realize that the iPhone is now on Sprint AND Verizon, right? Whatever you're doing you're only doing it to yourself.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

So you're dumping the iPhone AND the Mac because you wouldn't switch to AT&T, Verizon or Sprint?

You must really love t-mobile.

4. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

i am dumping iPhone only. The family plan i have for TMObile is a great deal and i tried all the carrier, I can't get the same or even close to it on any other. Verizon data sucks so does the sprint. AT&T is just a duche bag!

5. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If you want to leave the iPhone, that's fine. I don't understand why TMobile is the only carrier you're willing to use, but that's your decision.

My confusion is with you saying you're leaving MacRumors. According to your signature, you still own a Mac. Are you getting rid of your MBP as well, just because you're switching phones? That seems a bit extreme to me. And if you're keeping your MBP, why wouldn't you continue to visit MacRumors on the MBP forum? :confused:

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

7. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Let's face it, almost everyone that comes here does for for iPhone news. I think that is the angle he is coming from.

9. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

^ thats it!

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

11. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Almost everyone? And you know this how? :confused:

12. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If you own a Mac and don't check the forums related to your computer here, you're actually missing out on a lot. The MBP forums are very active, and people could probably learn a lot from using them. But, to each his own. :)

13. Chumburro2U macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

meh

Don't let the door hit your arch on the way out.

14. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

i luv Tmobile, best customer service people i've dealt with beside amazon. AT&T has horrible customer service. Never had I have to make so many phone calls to get simple things straight. I got in the habit of calling back after i just called them just to make sure they actually did what they said. Yet I went with them just because of the iPhone. I have a feeling next year tmobile might get an iphone.

15. rkeato1 macrumors regular

you do know that AT&T owns T-Mobile... right?

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Views in threads related to iPhone versus ciews in threads related to everything else. It is quite simple, really.

17. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

that is not true, yet.

AT&T tried to merge/buy t-mobile for their spectrum, but DOJ is going to sue them and its becoming less likely they will be able to. AT&T already has set aside 4Billion to give t-mobile if the deal fails to pass.

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Wrong. Look at the amount of posts and threads on the Notebook area and iPhone area. They're roughly the same.

19. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well, I for one have been coming to MacRumors since before the iPhone ever publicly existed. I came here because I owned a MacBook Pro and received a lot of help when I needed to learn some stuff. I only signed up later on when I wanted to participate and felt I could contribute to the site.

But it wasn't the iPhone that led me here, it was the Mac.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I see notebooks trailing by over half a million posts and 50 thousand threads (that's 1/3 less - a substantial number). But I am done arguing this. I don't even really care, LOL.

----------

Cool. You aren't the majority that I speak of. Her's an :apple: for you. :p

21. heyloo macrumors 6502

Same here :) Well best of luck OP~

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Last I heard they were in talks to acquire TMO.

23. sl33t macrumors regular

24. Dextor143 thread starter macrumors 6502

just received a tweet, FCC is allowing AT&T to pull TMobile merger request.