Got my iFrogz Luxe today! (high quality pics)...first impression

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by map1978, Jun 29, 2009.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

As some of you know, I went to the at&t store last week and tried on the iFrogz Luxe case. I loved how easy it slipped on (just like the Innocase II with the felt lining). Since at&t smokes dust and charges $30 :eek:, I came home and ordered on ebay for $14 shipped :D

The pics online don't do it justice for people who are interested in this case. So I took the time to go outside and capture some images of the case so everyone can see it's true color. The metallic burnt orange is SOOOOO SWEET.

First impression....

What I like

-Love the color
    -Love how simple it slides in (not worried about scratches here :D)
    -All the cutouts are absolutely perfect
    -Love the "lay on the table" design with a touch of bezel showing, looks classy
    -Closes very firm and tight (you can see from the pics)
    -The grippy feel is VERY nice and shows NO fingerprints (love this)
    -Feels just as slim as the Innocase II...no bulk at all!

What I don't like

Only 2 things so far and not major at all...

-Too much cutout near the volume rocker (maybe will show some hairline scratches later from pocket use?)
    -It grabbed my Anti-Glare shield at the bottom initially, but it seems to gotten better and it very minimal. Doesn't bother me at all. (check the pics) It could of been because I was so excited to put it on LOL.

All in all, for $14 shipped, its a deal and has made it into my Top 5 cases.

Enjoy the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. I have to admit that I really do like the orange - I just don't know if I would want to carry that around every day. I got the silver (boring I know) but I really wanted all black. I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't make an all-black version - seems like a no-brainer. Anyway, I think you and I ordered on the same day so I'm hoping I get mine today as well. I hope I have a little better luck with my Anti-Glare too - mine is just about perfect.

3. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

my anti-glare is absolutely perfect and i believe there isnt anything i can do about it. the bubble has lessened and doesn't bother me.

i got the orange because i loved the metallic orange look. plus i already have every other color in other cases :D

let me know how yours turns out

4. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

5. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

You might have read my story to the AT&T store, I couldn't put the case on, and when I asked the AT&T employee to do it, he ended up breaking the case! Luckily they didn't charge me for it, but I'm going to try it again from amazon, but first I'm going to go to the AT&T store again to practice getting it on and off to make sure I can actually work with the case. I really hope that the store will match the price, it costs $30 at AT&T but $14 on amazon, so I wanted to know how was it for you putting the case on? Those 2 side tabs on the bottom part of the case really get to you, it took more than 10 minutes for the employee to get it on my iPhone before it broke when he snapped it (somehow not taking any part of my iPhone with it!)

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I can't believe I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm pretty sure we both ordered on the same day from the same ebay seller and I'm still waiting (mail already came today too). I know the guy shipped it because I got the shipping notice, but it shouldn't be taking this long. I wish it would come already.

7. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

wow really? i believe he is in cali too. i'm in ny. i ordered on thurs and got in on monday

8. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

i'll admit that the case is not user friendly like the incase slider. it was very annoying taking off when i wanted to dock it.

i'm sticking with my incase slider full time. the best slider IMO :D

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Cases. Cases. Cases. Bestskinsever.com - back only. PowerSupport Crystal Film for the screen. Looks naked, feels naked, I can put it in my pocket and no problems whatsoever.

Had a 1G iPhone with skin, sold it in perfect mint condition 1 yr later.
    Got a 3G iPhone and added skin. When they replaced my unit last week for technical issues, I put a skin on the replacement. But when I took mine in to have it changed out, I peeled the skin off and it was like it was brand new. Plus the skin gives it a bit of grip so it doesn't feel like it will slip out of your hand. Slides in and out of my pocket, dock, very easily. If you want a case too, look into the foofshop pouches.

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

So it's much easier to put on than to take it off? Your review said that it was simple to slide in so I should be good to do if I have no need to dock it, right?

11. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

12. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

Well I personally didn't have a problem taking it off and putting back on, but it seems a little annoying. This is why I'm sticking with the incase. Simple to take apart to dock and I feel it's the best case I own.

I like the ifrogz but like the incase much more

13. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

ooohh!!!!! i love it!! do they make one for the original 2G iphone?! i can't seem to find a case other than the incase slider that i like for the original iphone.

14. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

hmmm i dont think so

i believe the incase slider is your best bet though. also look for the agent18 for the original iphone. i had the clear and black ones and they were just great ;)

15. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Huh? You're sticking with the Incase Slider? This is sort of frustrating, I returned my Incase slider because it scratched my 3G, but I've heard that they're rolling out a new model of the Slider that clips instead of slides, though I have yet to know how I will differentiate between the two (different model numbers?). I already ordered one green and one blue Luxe from Amazon, and I'm sure I'll like it, but I've gotta admit the Incase Slider was my favorite case on the inside, but I just keep thinking that charging the phone in a case is bad for the battery. Who knows, I might just keep both cases and get the Slider as soon as I find out it's safe again!

16. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

yeah i can't get enough of this charcoal slider..that big cutout near the volume rocker on the luxe bothered me and i just didn't wanna deal with the clip part (since i use a dock at night). plus it made my anti-glare bubble a little at the bottom and i'm happy after a day without the luxe, the screen protector is back to being perfect

17. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Finally got my silver and black Luxe today (I'll try to post some pics at some point as well). I expected it to be a lot tougher to put on but it wasn't bad at all. I actually put the bottom on first because I figured that it would be more likely to cause my screen protector to bubble (I thought the little edges on the bottom corners could be problematic). Anyway, I managed to get it on without any issues and my screen protector did not bubble at all. The top was pretty easy to get on as well and the tabs went underneath like they were supposed to. I definitely like the way the phone looks in this case and I'm glad the Apple logo is no longer exposed like it was with my Innocase. I'm going to have to use it for a bit to see if anything bothers me but so far I like it. The black and silver kind of gives it a "2G' look and I'm digging that so far.

The cutout for the volume rocker and ringer switch is probably a tad bigger than the one on the Seidio, but I can't see it being much of an issue for me. The headphone, camera and power button cutouts are great and pretty much dead-on. I don't even mind the chrome bezel being a bit exposed either. The Innocase covered the bezel completely but the case itself seems to scratch the chrome anyway (the chrome on my 3GS already had a few scratches on it and my old 3G had some scratches as well). I'm not really worried about my chrome getting scratched up since I don't keep anything else in my pocket with my phone (if some dirt or whatever else manages to find its way into my pocket, there's not much I can do about that). Plus the case has enough lay on table design that I can safely lay it face down on a desk or table without worrying about scratching my chrome.

18. inf macrumors 6502

inf

Just ordered on Red/Black Luxe case for my 3GS.

We'll see if it can beat my Griffin Clarifi case, which is the best case what I have used so far...not much extra bulk and fits tightly to the phone...i'll just love it...just wish I could get in white color.

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Here are some pics of my Silver and Black Luxe. I'm still trying to decide if I should stick with this or try an Incase Slider. Im just worried about the Incase causing scratches since I've read several complaints about that. I might go to a local store and see if I can find one that is totally smooth on the inside.

Attached Files:

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

I think its ugly, sorry. I am currently looking for a case, and I'm leaning towards the Griffin Reveal. I just love how the back of the iPhone looks, and I don't want to cover it up this time around.

21. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

thats all you have to do. go to a store and try out the case and check for flash. its really that simple and getting annoying (not saying you :D) hearing all the complaining about scratching the phone.

common sense tells me to check before you buy

22. psywzrd macrumors 68030

No need to apologize - to each his own:). It's tough finding the perfect case - one that looks good, provides the protection you're looking for, and doesn't scratch the phone. The Luxe is definitely not perfect for me but I do like it so far. Theoretically the Incase Slider may be the perfect case for me but that's only if it doesn't scratch my phone. I don't need a case to scratch my phone - I can do that just fine all by myself:D.

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have the same likes and dislikes. I took time installing the screen protector and the case so the grab is not due to your excitement. I think the tightness of the case causes this. I would prefer it to be tight than loose.

That being said, the biggest complaint I have is that the cutout near the volume rocker is insanely large.

It won't take a spill like my Capsule Rebel will, but all in all for $14.00 shipped it's a nice change of pace.

24. alexmadison macrumors member

alexmadison

Sometimes Apple sends them to you scratched, the're always a step ahead of us.

25. nfl46 macrumors 603

I had the Incase Slider on my 3G iPhone. I loved it, but I want something new.