Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnerdiac

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2010
The downside of an outside purchase is if you do not buy from apple directly you may not get the same warranty or guarantees that apple offers with their products. Few years back apple refused to fix an ipod because it was not purchased directly from them but and outside source, for instance best buy. I may be wrong.

LadyEnoki

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2010
cleaning cloth?

my 32GB didnt come with one...does everyone else have one? I got one when i bought the ipod touch 2nd generation refurbished so i thought it was a given

ct95

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
Just a warning: your Costco might have them in stock, but are telling you that they don't have it because they want to sell the 3G iPods first. This is what happened at my Polaris, Ohio Costco.

I'm so mad!! :mad:

Wow that's ridiculous. My local Costco has been out of all iPods for weeks now presumably in anticipation of the new ones coming. The local management at your Costco must be incompetent.

GPB

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2010
costco in yonkers ,NY only have the ipod touch4G 32GB and 64GB yesterday i pick up my 32GB .Thanks OP

getstuff4less

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2010
Loks like the Nano's are in mst of the Seattle area Costcos now, and a few of the stores have the 8GB Touch, still waiting for the 32gb ones...

So what is the price on the 8GB? The way I see it is one pay a bit more for the return policy and double warranty.

LoneRider

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
Lake Stevens WA
So what is the price on the 8GB? The way I see it is one pay a bit more for the return policy and double warranty.

Except you will actually pay less at Costco. I believe the 32GB is $279 instead of $299. I am just waiting for them to arrive. If they don't hurry up, I may buy an 8gb to hold me over and then exchange it for the 32 when they do arrive.

getstuff4less

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2010
I know that. However, you will pay tax. So ~$280 vs ~$289 at say Amazon. I still need the price of the 8GB or a location that has them so I can call.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
The downside of an outside purchase is if you do not buy from apple directly you may not get the same warranty or guarantees that apple offers with their products. Few years back apple refused to fix an ipod because it was not purchased directly from them but and outside source, for instance best buy. I may be wrong.

To be clear, no matter where you buy your Apple product (as long as it's not a stolen device or something like that), it includes a one year warranty *through* Apple, along with the option to buy AppleCare, which extends the warranty *through* Apple. Does not matter if you bought from Best Buy, etc.

You either got a very confused Apple employee or maybe your warranty had expired with Apple and you were trying to have it repaired by Apple under a Best Buy extended agreement?

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
This is true regarding the one year warranty. Apple will take care of you. I have brought Apple products purchased from Amazon into the Apple store for exchange a few times. Once I had an employee give me the song and dance about having to go back to the retailer but usually the Apple store employees just do an exchange.

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Called my "local" Costco again. They finally got 8GB ones in, but no 32s or 64s. Rep I spoke to didn't know the price of the 8GB off the top of his head and said he would have to take a few minutes to go on the floor and look (he was in an office). I told him not to bother. (I figured he'd easily be able to look up the price, but apparently not. Weird.)

Sooo, does anyone actually know for sure what the 8GB is selling for? Some rumors said it would go for $179, which is a bit unbelievable to me...

-- Nathan

LoneRider

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
Lake Stevens WA
Tired of waiting for the 32gb version to hit my area Costcos, so picked up an 8gb to play with while I wait. Costco price on the 8gb model is $214.95, $14 less than Apple, Best Buy and I am guessing Walmart as well.

Yes, I had to pay sales tax, but there is no option for no sales tax in WA. amazon is based here and collects tax, Apple has stores here and collects tax either in store or from online.

Local rate at the Costco I frequent is 7.6% not as good as none, but better than some. So basically buying from Costco just few dollars more than getting it online with no tax and free shipping. Additionally, they have a 90 return with no restock fee, and I get a percentage of cash back at the end of the year with my membership level. Best deal for me, too bad they don't sell Apple computers as well ;)

tubemonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
Called my "local" Costco again. They finally got 8GB ones in, but no 32s or 64s. Rep I spoke to didn't know the price of the 8GB off the top of his head and said he would have to take a few minutes to go on the floor and look (he was in an office). I told him not to bother. (I figured he'd easily be able to look up the price, but apparently not. Weird.)

Sooo, does anyone actually know for sure what the 8GB is selling for? Some rumors said it would go for $179, which is a bit unbelievable to me...

-- Nathan

I was in Costco today and couldn't find any iPods. The only thing they had on display were the iTunes gift cards. So I asked an employee and she said that they had already sold their first shipment and were expecting another one in a day or two. I asked about the pricing and the 8GB was selling for $215 (she actually had the sign in her hand for that one) and the 32GB for $280. Didn't ask about the 64GB version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.