Got new Apple Watch, what accessories to buy?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by DaveMike11, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DaveMike11 macrumors member

Hi,

I got a new apple watch sport 42mm white silver aluminium . I would like to know what are must have accessories for the watch.

1. Screen Protector.
    2. Charger night stand.
    3. Bands

Does a screen protector must have for an apple watch to avoid scratches ?

2. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I'd say the only must-have accessories are bands.

Some people with the sport are concerned about scratches, but many have gone without protection and have had no problems. If you insist, I recommend the Skinomi or the Armorsuit. They protect the curves of the screen. Charger night stands aren't really a must-have, but you can get docks for as low as $11 off Amazon.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I have multiple straps, a polishing cloth (stainless) and a night stand.

I didn't bother about a screen protector as I was happy with the durability of the sapphire crystal. Had I have gone with the sport I may have considered it though.

4. deany, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016

deany macrumors 68020

deany

Do you want to buy apple OEM bands or least expensive good quality 'knock offs'?

How many bands do you expect to have? (it can addictive!) and may need a case/roll.

Also do you travel much, I think I have the 'prefect' travel _watch stand_? that would be fine at home too.

Cheers

5. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

1. Screen protectors and "bumpers" are a waste of money, IMO.
    2. A night stand charger, if that's what works for you.
    3. Bands - sure... why not. I started with the milanese band and thought "I don't need more bands". Six months later, I have 7 bands. :D

6. DaveMike11 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for your suggestions. I forgot to mention about Apple Care + in my list. Do you think apple care+ is good to have for AWS?

7. deany macrumors 68020

deany

Apple Care + well worth the £49.00 for 2 incidences, may have to persuade them if the screen is scratched though.

8. bradnd9901 macrumors newbie

I just got a watch too. I opted to get AppleCare because 1) it's a new product 2) watched get bagged around a bit so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I don't get Apple care for my phone, but it's usually safe in my pocket or on my desk.

I've bought a few extra straps from Amazon and Clockwork Synergy.

I've also bought a night stand (actually 2--one from Orzly, the other from Spigen, which I slightly prefer).

9. DaveMike11 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your response. There is 2 spigen night stand. may i know which one you have got?

10. bradnd9901 macrumors newbie