Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I tried calling and getting the 1GB of data added with no luck. After a super long hold time, the rep told me that it was part of the More Everything plan, and the 1GB was already added to my account. I insisted that it was a separate promotion and only good for 1 year, but she continued to say it was the More Everything plan.

I'm gonna try the Live Chat on their site later.
Yeah, definitely give it a try again online and/or over the phone. Unfortunately there are still plenty of representatives who either don't know any better about (at least) some things or don't want to do some things for whatever reason.

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Just spoke to a rep on Live Chat and explained the same thing, and she told me I was eligible for it. She added it today and said it will be on my account until 3/19/15. Pretty cool. It just depends on the rep you get I guess.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Just spoke to a rep on Live Chat and explained the same thing, and she told me I was eligible for it. She added it today and said it will be on my account until 3/19/15. Pretty cool. It just depends on the rep you get I guess.

That would be correct that's why I mentioned it depends on the rep.
The least helpful reps I had were on the phone and usually they were ladies.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Thank you OP! Called Verizon, the hold was longer then when I talked to advisor. Less then 10 minutes on the phone, showed up on my account and they even back dated it for me so it went into effect ASAP.

I have the 6GB Plan for those curious.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Thank you OP! Called Verizon, the hold was longer then when I talked to advisor. Less then 10 minutes on the phone, showed up on my account and they even back dated it for me so it went into effect ASAP.

I have the 6GB Plan for those curious.

Np! so to confirm now you get 7GB?

I will update list again and add you. ENjoy!

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Got mine via love chat. Went through without a hitch!

I usually get no love on chat and they argue when I tell them that AT&T is cheaper.. also I had a fight with billing rep saying Verizon Phones are not sim unlocked lol.

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
I noticed that they apply any data you've already used to the promotional data first. I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I thought it was interesting.

Looony2nz

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Got my extra 1GB today and recieved this text

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    77.5 KB · Views: 143

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I noticed that they apply any data you've already used to the promotional data first. I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I thought it was interesting.

Promotional data counts first before your regular data.

MacinAppleTosh

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2013
Just got it for our account.
Wasn't getting through on the phone so tried chat. I said I was interested in the 1gb of promotional data and mentioned this was different from the automatic change when they switched their plans.
The person got a supervisor and got the data added within about 5 minutes!

Thanks for sharing this! Would have never know about it if I hadn't seen it on this forum.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Just got it for our account.
Wasn't getting through on the phone so tried chat. I said I was interested in the 1gb of promotional data and mentioned this was different from the automatic change when they switched their plans.
The person got a supervisor and got the data added within about 5 minutes!

Thanks for sharing this! Would have never know about it if I hadn't seen it on this forum.

How much data you have overall? as you can see few people thought that they already got it.. 500 mb -> 1GB -> 2GB -> 3GB etc..

while that was not it :p

MacinAppleTosh

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2013
How much data you have overall? as you can see few people thought that they already got it.. 500 mb -> 1GB -> 2GB -> 3GB etc..

while that was not it :p

Started out with 2, got bumped up to 3 automatically, then changed our plan back down to 2 for $15 cheaper. Then found out about this promotion so we are currently paying for 2gb at the new rate and getting a 3rd for free.

mrschanah

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
It does not, as mentioned a few times in the thread. No dates related to contract or upgrades should be affected.

Ok thanks! I called verizon once about a loyalty plan on another account. My fiancé has an account and they had a loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text with 2gb of data and they extended his contract on his line.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Started out with 2, got bumped up to 3 automatically, then changed our plan back down to 2 for $15 cheaper. Then found out about this promotion so we are currently paying for 2gb at the new rate and getting a 3rd for free.

so you actually bumped back to old 1 GB plan which is now 2GB I'm I correct? so that totals in 3GB total with promo data.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
When I bumped down my data plan today the rep didn't carry over my promotional data. I noticed today and the rep added it back but now it's showing up at .36gb of promotional data I hope this fixes itself by morning :mad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 130

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
When I bumped down my data plan today the rep didn't carry over my promotional data. I noticed today and the rep added it back but now it's showing up at .36gb of promotional data I hope this fixes itself by morning :mad:

I would just call in and get it fixed.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
I would just call in and get it fixed.

I did and thats what it fixed itself to was the .034gb of promo data. Still showing like this now, what a nightmare! reps that offer to change your plan and dont even carry over your features. Ill have it fixed by the end of today no matter what.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Just wanted to let everyone I also did it just right now for my friend on chat they added it for him.

He now has 7GB total.

We switched him yesterday from NationWide he had 4GB single plan he kept on doing overages he has 2 lines.

So now they have much more and some extra data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.