Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwaite

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2008
What would one need 5G in their watch for? No one is streaming 4K video on it. Is there a value add I'm not considering?
5G is the fifth generation cellular architecture, not just a protocol or antenna standard. Adopting 5G means little if you don't talk about the features you are getting - mmwave would be pointless, but mid band (more devices per cell, longer range, slightly better bandwidth, significantly reduced latency) or low band (slower speed at extremely long range, cheaper connectivity pricing) would both be cool.

Reactions: Crow_Servo

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
The first event of the fall in September will likely include the new iPhones, Apple Watches, and AirPods, while the new iPads and possible updates to some of the company's services could be reserved for a second event, with the final event of the season being focused on Apple silicon Macs.
Sounds great!

I hope Apple also pepper some extra products here & there, like I think they did last year (AirPods Max, accessories).

The events are nice - whether live or online - but when they’re over it’s sometimes previously felt like ‘that’s it until spring’.

I've been enjoying Apple releasing smaller products in the spaces in between events. It’s created a feeling of there always being something new/something released not too long ago to focus, on while waiting for the bigger updates coming along the conveyor.

mashdots

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2015
seattle-ish
i have a series 3 and so i think i might upgrade. still thinking about the phone though. i have a XS that has been very solid. The 12 cameras are incredible so the camera improvements + the pro-motion upgrade might land me a 13 pro.

bluespider

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Space Coast FL
Sooo, you are saying there’s a chance? A new iphone, something called and apple watch? September? What is this wizardry you have to make such predictions :)

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
Still rocking my first retina MBP from 2012. the battery health is still at 92% but it is about time for something new ?????? Existed for the redesign. Bring it on! My tax return money has been ready since March
I'm in a similar boat, except I have the 15" cMBP from 2012. Gunna be sad when this workhorse gets retired :( It's been the best computer I've ever owned.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Somehow news Macs adds nothing that wows me anymore, I want to see 3d innovations, e.g new hardware supported type of shaders etc., things that matters.
Apple keep redoing cosmetics on the Mac, but overall Macs stays the same. Where is RTX?
Remember, they make general purpose computers, not toys for Bill Gates.

• Disagree
Reactions: Galas and 09872738
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.