Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Gurman: No Apple Event Happening on March 16

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple does not have plans to hold an event on Tuesday, March 16, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman confirmed on Twitter this evening.

Earlier this week, a report from Taiwanese site Economic Daily News suggested there would be a March 16 event, with the initial rumor picked up and circulated by a few other sites. Economic Daily News cited unverified and unsubstantiated content from Twitter accounts LeaksApplePro and FrontTron, neither of which has a track record of providing accurate details on Apple's plans.

The March 16 date was nothing more than a guess based on past Apple events, but it still picked up traction. In a tweet responding to MacRumors editor Joe Rossignol's commentary on a possible March event, Gurman confirmed that the March 16 date is not correct.

In a separate tweet, he said "launch isn't on the 16th," which leaves open the possibility for a March event on a different date.

Apple has several products in the works that have been rumored for the first half of 2021, including a refreshed iMac, new iPad Pro models, an updated iPad mini, a new low-cost AirPod, revamped AirPods Pro, and the AirPods 3, plus we're still waiting on the debut of the AirTags.

Some of these products could indeed be introduced at a spring event, but there is no known date for that event as of yet. Apple does hold March events in most years, but it's not guaranteed. Past spring events have been held on March 9 (2015), March 21 (2016), March 27 (2018), and March 25 (2019), with no event taking place in March 2017 or March 2020.

Article Link: Gurman: No Apple Event Happening on March 16

itsOver9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2013
B.F., KS
Apple does hold March events in most years, but it's not guaranteed. Past spring events have been held on March 9 (2015), March 21 (2016), March 27 (2018), and March 25 (2019), with no event taking place in March 2017 or March 2020.

So March events for 2 years in a row with a year off meaning March events in 2021 and 2022. I can make wild guesses too...

Comment

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
I know it will here one day..just be patience about it..you already have waited this long extra few days or weeks longer won’t matter that much. Life without technology exited for centuries yet civilization survived and advanced..there are a lot more important things matter like health, job and food on the table for your family.

Last edited:
Comment

calstanford

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2014
Hong Kong
Is that airtag going to be all that useful? So people are so unorganized that they cannot find car keys inside home?

The only way I would buy tag is if it can track my kids via satellite.

Total niche product that got overhyped because for some odd reason Apple is a me-too in this tiny niche space. Same with the never-happened Airpower thingie too. Remember that one? Why Apple decided NOT to compete in the Wireless WiFi base station space but compete with commiditised wireless chargers instead is beyond me.

Comment

Coolio1234

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2017
iPads must be coming out in March— my guess is an event for both airtags and ipad. With the airtag connecting to smart connector or magic keyboard of course.

Reactions: BillyiPad95
Comment

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
Some body already knew the actual spring event will take place ( date ) but won’t spill the bean until the month of March is here..so for next few weeks more guesses, rumors and speculations resume..

Comment

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
So a couple of scenarios
A. Event will be held on other Tuesdays (March 2, 9, 13, 30)
B. No event, announce via press release
C. Nothing at all, wait til WWDC
Likely March 20-30..could be April?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.