Guys: Must You Use a Urinal or Will Anywhere Suffice?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Aug 17, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I was at this party over the weekend and had to take a leak, this backyard party host didn't allow anyone to go inside the house so naturally I saw numerous guys one by one go to an empty part of the backyard to take a piss...

..I went to my car, about a block away, to grab some beers but before so I found a random bush and leaked away.

Just the nature of a party and/or being a guy.

Well, yesterday during the morning my jogging buddy and I are out jogging around his neighborhood for about an hour..then he stops mid-jog, find an empty brick wall and takes a piss; in broad daylight, making sure no other passerby's are near. The driving cars don't impact his decision. Curious on the matter I ask if this "being a guy and taking a piss anywhere" mantra applies to him; or at least his thoughts on the matter.

Admittedly i've done this myself, when I have to take a piss and no bathrooms are around...but a bathroom like at CVS doesn't count; its too much trouble to walk a block to CVS, ask for their code and then go about doing my business...when it's so much easier to find a shrub or empty wall and boom, done.

Well, upon asking a few guys I received the general consensus that at our age (between 12-24) as guys we're allowed to do that..Yes, you'll see the pub's drunk (aged 35+) doing it very late at night and though you may understand his situation, its more obvious to be done at a younger age.

Rather than me express what others said, i'd really like to hear other guys thoughts on this very important matter...cause seriously, we've all done it, haven't we?

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Don't know how serious it is but I pee anywhere when I need to... trees, walls, my backyard when I don't want to go inside... etc...

3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

When I was about 6 or 7, I pulled down my pants and pissed right in the middle of my room for no other reason than I felt like it. Does that count?

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I go outside all the time.
    /shrug
    I do live out in the country tho...

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

When you gotta go, you gotta go.I'm 43, and I don't give a crap if you think it's OK or not. :)

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Hm. I don't know about draining the main vain in public, but if you're at the park and the park people (like the idiots they are) have the bathrooms locked or they're waaaay on the other side of the field, then yeah.. but never in public or where others can see. It's no big deal... I won't go out of my way to find a bathroom but if one's nearby I use it.

Sometimes more than one has to go at the same time and we usually head to the same spot; but that's not unusual given the way urinal are right on top of each in a bathroom.

7. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Not my style. I don't really have a problem with others doing it if they are considerate though.

There's nothing worse than drunks going up against a wall and it running all over the pavement so others have to walk through it!

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I've done it. I try to avoid it when I'm sober as then there is usually a bathroom near by but when I'm drunk, I can pee everywhere. Actually, I've got two tickets for doing that in public places :D I try to find a tree or bush when doing it but sometimes I just can't find so everything is sufficient

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Obviously there's a measure of common sense involved, correct..

One time we were out and saw this young chap had his pickup off to the shoulder and was standing facing traffic taking a leak with everything out for the world to to see. Not sure if he got off doing that or what, but that's a case of indecent exposure.

10. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, but that's not always possible.

One time in Berlin, I was in the U subway waiting for a train after a night of debauchery. I had to piss and it was not gonna wait. No one was around. There was not toilet, but there was a trash can, so I went in the trash can.

Unfortunately, there was a hole in the trash can right by my feet, and pee went all over the platform. Oops. :) I started looking for surveillance cameras, but thank god there weren't any. I walked to the opposite end of the platform and waited for the train. :D

12. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Most of my female friends will have a squat in a secluded area, it's not limited to guys it's just easier given your equipment.

If you've got to go you've got to go, just do it somewhere where it's not going to cause anyone else bother.

You're lucky no one caught you, they're incredibly strict about such things in germany, last time I was there someone mentioned to me that you can get a 40 euro on the spot fine for it.

13. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought some women could also go standing up? Not as easy and I heard it takes practice..

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I know! That's why I was so freaked out when the can started leaking!

15. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, I suppose. That's my 'method' though :)

Amazing story. Usually the London Underground stations have a toilet, I think, so I won't be caught out in this country if I went there.

16. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Anywhere at all fits my fancy. Sometimes it is hard to find a public bathroom in NYC when you're under the influence of alcohol and need to pee desperately so peeing in public is something I do willingly and without guilt.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I say go where you have to but I happen to have it on good authority in some states or at least counties they'll fine you for one silly charge or another, the fine ninja cops of Myrtle Beach SC will fine you.

18. bamaworks macrumors 6502

I look for any excuse to pee outside.

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I agree

However, I think it is redicoulous that we may potentially be charged as a sex offender (at least here in CO and this is a felony) if the cops catch one taking a leak. That will not go away, must inform communities of where you will live, etc and no reference it was for merely taking a piss

An update on this topic however
    http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2010-04/msg01001.html

I really think that the intent of the law, of why it was first passed, is completely missed in many cases

From
    http://www.shazamlaw.com/Articles/C...stration-for-Public-Urination-Streaking.shtml

What I bolded is just absurd under the current law of making folks caught in those acts a sex offender and a felon

20. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I've done this on road trips:

No rest areas, gas stations or bushes in sight, so what's a guy to do? You can't just pee on the interstate, that will attract a lot of unwanted attention. My solution was to pop the hood and pretend to check for problems, all the while peeing on the front tire.:eek: On hindsight, I think it might have been wiser to just pee in a cup or a bottle.:p

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Just watch out for cops if you do :p

22. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

I don't like urinals. I'm a stall man.

When I was 19, after drinking with my buddies, I was dropped off right in Downtown L.A. (during broad daylight). I HAD to go. So I did.

Looked a little like this mofo...
    [​IMG]
    There's nothing like peeing in public while drunk.

23. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

I usually always wait for a toilet first. When that first instance of "I have to pee" comes up, I usually have 1-2 hours before I really have to go, unless I just drank a cup of tea or something. I dunno, I don't travel that much so I always know where the bathrooms are located around where I'm at.

24. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

25. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Yeah. When you have to go, you have to go. You don't want to burst your bladder trying to hold it for too long. Risk of a fine is better than risk of death, afterall. So, pee away...