Hands-On With Apple Card

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

1. reden macrumors 6502a

2. hetrigger macrumors regular

hetrigger

Got the card today...waiting to see what upgrades the iSS (Spending System) will happen in February....

3. evancycles macrumors newbie

Not a bad 2nd or 3rd card. I use by Bank of America Premier Rewards for 3% of either restaurants or groceries ( whatever category I pick). I can change the 3% cash back to any one category of my choice each month. Other purchases are 1%. So to maximize one could do 3% on category with their largest expense category, and 2% Apple card....

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

Yeah, for me it's 3x on travel and dining with Chase Sapphire reserve (which is like 3% apparently). For Apple purchases and Apple Pay (so like Whole Foods), I am better off using Apple Card.

5. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

sheesh. a human made an error and corrected it. get over yourself.

6. hetrigger macrumors regular

hetrigger

I am just using it for any Apple purchase, or debit card purchases. As soon as the purchase clears, it is paid off. I am able to make "more" money than the plain old debit. And boost my credit limit at the same time.

7. AdriftAtlas macrumors newbie

I have two cash back credit cards from two separate credit unions (daily and backup). Both have price protection, extended warranty, and other nice benefits. No cash advance fees nor international fees just like Apple Card. Both set to auto-pay the full balance. Apple Pay is also supported.

They generally stay out of the mind unless I see something odd appear in Mint.

Maybe I am not the right demographic but I don't see the appeal here. Why would someone get this card over a card from a credit union? Is it purely the "ooh, shiny" aspect?

I'd like to see Apple build tighter integration with banks in the Wallet app. Like why can't I see all of my (non-Apple Pay) credit card transactions in Wallet?

8. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

HAHA that would actually be funny. On a side note I wonder how well this card would work if you had to jimmy a door open. At east this one wouldn't snap.. It would only bend. LOL

P.S. if you don't make your payment your stiffing GS and not apple..

James

9. Nuno Lopes, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:04 PM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 1:18 PM

Nuno Lopes macrumors member

Nuno Lopes

This and triple lens in the back of the iPad gonna change the world. Unless a change of direction happens, iPredict that within 10 years Apple will be cornered in the "Big Apple". iPhones sales already stalled, this is nothing but artificial tactics as data points to eroding value.

10. Khedron macrumors 65816

"Apple Card, which Apple created in partnership with Goldman Sachs, is a credit card that's designed to be simple, straightforward, and easy to use, making it ideal for those who are new to credit cards or who are looking for something no-frills that's easy to understand."

Nope it's designed to allow Apple to have a larger ecosystem and to have a payment option which Apple gets even more of a benefit from as it moves to have more subscription services (News+, TV+) and continues to encourage app developers to have subscription-based models.

If it were designed to be simple then it's a complete failure; account needlessly linked to an Apple ID, iOS device required for account management, phone/app required to be at hand for CVV/expiry information, physical and phone based payments have differing rewards, lack of standard features like warranty protection, no debit account offered so second bank account required for account management, no support for exporting financial information...

11. AdriftAtlas macrumors newbie

Clothes are handed down from older to younger. Smartphones are handed down from younger to older. :)

12. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Lol! You’re pretty damn proud of that Chase Sapphire Card, aren’t you?

13. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I have the same card and love it.. I changed my category to online purchases.. I tend to buy a lot more online so this 3% will rack up quickly..

James

14. HylianKnight macrumors regular

Can’t wait to switch my payment for the iPhone upgrade program to the Apple Card. They need to release the thing already.

15. KSnBigD macrumors newbie

I've not seen any info on what credit bureaus to unlock to apply for this card.

16. DocMultimedia macrumors 6502a

DocMultimedia

Apple sent me the early message, but I have been getting same error message since then. Grrr.

17. cashville2400 macrumors regular

cashville2400

18. splogue macrumors 6502

splogue

TransUnion

19. Unity451 macrumors 6502

Unity451

And this is why Apple Card exists.

20. Swisspo macrumors 6502

Swisspo

Is their a finance option on Apple products? I don't remember them talking about that. I signed up and was approved last week, but apparently there was a shipping glitch for those that signed up last week, so I am still waiting to receive my physical card.

21. splogue macrumors 6502

splogue

Got an invitation around Noon yesterd
    How long did it take to arrive after you signed up?

22. dmfresco macrumors newbie

dmfresco

I just got my invitation to apply for the Apple card. Or, at least I hope it is a valid invitation and not a spoof. The webpage looks very authentic, but it said that I needed to type in my Apple ID because the email address did not match my Apple ID. That seems very odd coming from Apple, and seeing as it came to the email address that is my Apple ID. Server appears to be a valid Apple website, but I can’t get over the fact that it seems strange that Apple doesn’t know my Apple ID and the email address associated with it. Has anyone heard of any miscreants and trying to steal peoples identifying information?

23. cashville2400 macrumors regular

cashville2400

Wow, I just got another invite for my gmail email account that is an alternate email address for my Apple ID. I mean, I just received the physical card today for my Apple ID. I have been using it in my wallet since last week. There are plenty of people who have not received 1 invite. It's not like I am trying to get a 2nd card with my same social. Kind of weird.

24. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

These have been the most entertaining threads since...well...let’s just say for a few years. MR ought to charge admission. I’d pay it just to read these posts.

25. garlicbread24 macrumors member

garlicbread24

I got the same exact thing? I'm on iOS 13 beta. but yeah it seems really strange.