Happy with your color?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iRun26.2, Apr 15, 2015.

1. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

Has anyone had second thoughts about the color now that you have it?

Anyone exchange just to get a different color?

----------

I ordered gold but I am now having second thoughts about maybe going with the space grey. Mine hasn't arrived yet, though.

2. legioxi macrumors 6502a

I have SG, same as my iPhone/iPad. Though some of the comments about the gold looking great with the black trim LCD/keyboard are making me second guess.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Space gray all the way. The main reason I want the rMB over the rMBP is aesthetics. I would only take a space gray :)

4. tecnho macrumors 6502

Going from a white 2008 - I have to make an interim stop at silver, looks more like a Mac to me.

5. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

In order of the best looking color (for me) first:

At pre-order: Gold, Space Gray, Silver
    After playing with it at the store in a combination of indoor and outdoor light: Silver, Space Gray, Gold

What I ordered? Space Gray, because I didn't want to wait for the Gold and because I ordered it before I saw it in person.

It occurs to me that Apple would have less returns (and less cost from having to refurb a unit and having to sell it for less) if they made these available for viewing before opening it for pre-order. Or (gasp!) just having them in the store on launch day! Alas I'm preaching to the choir.

I'll probably live with the Space Gray. It's not bad looking, just not my best choice. However I imagine most won't have that indifference!

6. newellj macrumors 603

Wanted silver - the new traditional look and less chance of grief from colleagues.

Purchased gold - all they had.

I am really liking the gold...no $h!t from my colleagues...yet! ;)

7. brvhrt macrumors member

Upon first seeing them in store I definitely didn't want gold, thought the space grey looked too sombre so decided to order silver. While waiting for it to arrive I thought maybe space grey would have been a better choice since it was a new color option for a macbook and would feel a bit different for me. I actually held off opening the newly delivered silver macbook until I went back to take another look. The more I looked at them the more I thought I made the right decision - the space grey is too dark for my liking. From certain angles I feel it looks like a regular grey plastic Dell business laptop (purely in terms of color, not design of course). The regular aluminum silver immediately says "Apple" to me.

But I definitely did a lot of back and forth on my color decision.

8. MickeyDoodle macrumors newbie

MickeyDoodle

Gold all the way

I am loving the gold. Makes me feel like a queen. Lol

9. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

I initially ordered space gray from Apple on the day of release, but also picked up a silver from a local BB on Monday. I'm on the fence on which one I'll keep as my space gray arrives tomorrow. I like the silver because it looks more like a "Mac" compared to the other colors, but also seeing the space gray on display I really like that color too. The space gray one does look like it could be an ultrabook from a completely different manufacturer at first glance, but looks awesome imo.

10. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I have a gold base model. Love the color. Black keys contrast the gold. Looks great

11. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

i'm really enjoying the gold.

granted it was only one that BB had, but in a sense I'm glad it is-- drew me to give it a whirl when I might not have otherwise.

the black on gold is pretty sweet.

better than white on gold (iOS), would consider this combo.

yeah it really shows off the new KB well

12. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Love my Gold choice!

As others have mentioned, the black keyboard and gold look great together (in my opinion). Very slick machine, the thinness really surprised me in person!

It's a perfect combo of "iPad size" but with full OS and keyboard.

13. dmonnin macrumors regular

Same here. I think it looks awesome. Nice to have a change from the standard silver we've been accustomed to.

14. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I am a kween.

15. msb3079, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I think the gold is neat - actually, it's the only one I've seen in person. BUT, I see some hints of pink in it - sort of like a rose gold, but soft. I think it's neat, but I also think that will wear off. Just my opinion. My space gray is on its way.

16. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

17. newellj macrumors 603

Gold Passes a Test

My gold rMB passed a test today - I had a big meeting with a lot of people I've known for decades. If any group would feel free to give me $h!t about a gold computer, it would be this crowd. Not a peep. I should mention that under the office overhead lighting (CFLs and LEDs), the gold actually washes out a good bit and looks not very gold at all, almost silver-ish.

18. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I just got back from a BB trip at lunch. Could've had a Gold base system, it's all they had. But it will have to be silver or space for me. Don't care which.

19. Elise macrumors 6502

Thanks for this,I was starting to feel really nervous about the gold. Glad to hear it's not too loud.

20. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Do I have the car for you :D

Attached Files:

• iu.jpeg
      iu.jpeg
      File size:
      22.2 KB
      Views:
  21. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

I'm happy with the silver. It's not so noticeable, and I expect it to show less scratching than the Space Gray. I never considered the gold, personally.

22. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Love it!

23. Aneres11 macrumors 68000

Aneres11

Happy with my colour, hmm lemme just grab my laptop…
    OH WAIT NO I'M IN EUROPE.

:p Sorry, I just be trollin / bitter.

Glad to hear the gold getting some love though!

24. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Ah who cares what the colleagues say. Glad you're happy with your choice!

Queen MickeyDoodle. Has a nice ring to it.

25. iRun26.2, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

iRun26.2 thread starter macrumors 68000

So many people still like their gold. That's awesome!

I have both a gold and a space gray on order. I need to decide what I want and cancel the one I don't want.

I hope to make into a store to see the gold and space gray one at the same time to decide.