Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Predictions - NO MORE SPOILERS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by barr08, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

So what so all you potter-fans think is going to happen? I have been going back and forth. On one hand, it is a kids book, so I wouldn't think anything too sad would happen, especially after the bombshell in the half-blood prince. On the other hand, the series has become somewhat of an international phenomenom, which appeals to members of all audience, and the books have been getting more "adult" as each one comes out.

I think a cool ending would be Harry being seduced by the dark arts, killing Voldemort, and taking his place as the dark lord. He could even take over the ministry, and enslave all good wizards or something like that. I don't think this will happen, though.

I am guessing he is going to live, but Ron and Hermione will die, but they will die finally as a couple.

Or.... Harry knocks up Ginny, and she has a young wizard who Voldemort tries to kill again. The baby lives, but Harry and Ginny die protecting him. 13 years later, the kid, with a start shaped scar on his cheek, swears revenge on the dark lord. Lather, rinse, repeat. 7 more books! JK Rowling becomes the richest person on earth! :D

What do you guys think?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Voldermort will turn out to be Harry's father. They'll have an epic battle in which Harry will triumph. Just before he dies Voldermort will repent and Harry will forgive him.

Harry will find out Hermione is his sister and she'll get it on with Ron.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:D

Can there please be a touching forest dance / festival scene at the very end where all the dead heroes who supported Harry have a ghostly conversation with each other? :)

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Of course!

Voldermort, Dumbledor and Dobby

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wouldn't he already have to have lost his wand hand in a previous one-on-one battle with the dark lord? :rolleyes:

B

7. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Maybe he will :p

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Might as well have Harry wake up one morning to find Bobby Ewing in his shower. He's back at home, his parents never died and he turned into the oil baron's boy toy. The whole magic thing was a dream.

B

9. Turkish macrumors 6502

It won't.

She has always said that regardless of the ending, good will triumph over evil.

10. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Opening chapter:

Harry Potter woke up, smacking a spider away from his face and attempting to stretch (to no avail). He heard a hard rapping on his door. Vernon Dursley was standing outside of a small cupboard under the stairs, yelling at Harry to get up. "Get up and cook the bacon, and do not let it burn! I want everything to be perfect on Dudder's 11th birthday..."

:p

11. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

I see what you did there!

12. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

<james earl jones>Harry, I am your father!</james earl jones>

13. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Voldemort will come to the Durselys, hold Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia hostage, and then 500 pages will be expended wondering "where HE is" as special magic is used to hide.

And when everyone finds out, Harry will join the Death Eaters to exact his revenge on "they-who-must-not-be-lived-with".

14. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I agree with Keith Olbermann's thoughts that the final Horicrux is Harry's scar and that Snape (who turns out to be good) tells Harry that the only way to kill Voldemort and survive would be to lose his magical power. Harry becomes a muggle, but saves the magic world.

15. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Or he has to kill himself!

16. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

That's too easy and trite. I think losing his powers is more tragic.

17. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Yeah you are probably right. I still want him to die, not because I dislike him, but because I think it would be a good ending.

18. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

How bout this question? Rowling says two "main characters" will die. Who are they?

Harry and Voldemort?
    Ron and Hermione?
    Ginny and Neville?

What do you guys think?

19. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Harry's parent die in the after world effectively returning them to the world of the living?

20. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

And in a cruel twist of fate, Jar-Jar will wander into the story and monopolize the last 100 pages. :D

21. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I totally predict I will read this book, and then make a spoiler thread for everyone that just wants to act like they read it.:eek:

Personally, as I writer, I think it's ***** to change your original story idea, plans, layout, whatever just to make more sells. She better freaking kill people and not leave an open ending for any more Harry Potter books.

22. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As long as Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman do not have any romantic soliloquys in the movie whatsoever, I'm not inclined to complain.

23. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Bucking a few trends

* Hogwarts is closed

* Snape is Evil

* Voldemort is dead, Harry is alive

* Harry does NOT kill Voldemort himself - this is accomplished by either Snape (if I'm wrong and Snape is good) or Peter Pettigrew (because of his life-debt from Prisoner of Azkaban), or Ginny Weasley (whom I believe will have an integral role in all of this despite her conversation with Harry at the end of book 6).

* Snape is killed by either Voldemort (if he's good and discovered as a spy), or Peter Pettigrew (if he's evil and Peter doesn't kill Voldemort), or by another Death Eater uncertain of his allegiance but who discovers Snape's activities with the Order of the Phoenix.

* Other main characters on the short list to die: Hagrid, one of the Weasleys (Percy comes to mind), Neville, possibly Luna

* Main characters on the short list to be the future Hogwarts teacher: Harry (DADA and/or head of Gryffindor), Luna (Charms and/or head of Ravenclaw), Neville (Herbology).

* Big lovefest in the end: Ron + Hermoine, Harry + Ginny

* Horcruxes: as identified by Dumbledore/Harry in Book 6 (Half-Blood Prince). Harry's scar is NOT a Horcrux.

24. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

maybe it'll be like the sopranos finale, nothing happens and they listen to some journey

.... don't stop believin'

and somewhere in there ... the word "SUCKERS" appears ...

25. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

Wasn't there one unidentified horcrux at the end of book 6?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.