Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I’ve been through several from Amazon and they all are terrible. If you look at the ones with good overall reviews, they are fake as the verified purchase reviews are terrible. I wish Zagg made the Glass+Luxe as I loved that for my previous iPhone 6+. I hate the look of the non-3D protectors as well..

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I have the iblason one and I absolutely love it. It’s curved and smooth that I cant even tell I have a screen protector on. Tried two other brands before I found this. I used the icarez and the orzly and on my 7, I used to use zagg but hated how it felt and looked. Reviews say that there were bubbles. When I installed mine, it had bubbles but they went away the next day by it self. Love the feel and look.

Reactions: Meltdownblitz

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
I have the iblason one and I absolutely love it. It’s curved and smooth that I cant even tell I have a screen protector on. Tried two other brands before I found this. I used the icarez and the orzly and on my 7, I used to use zagg but hated how it felt and looked. Reviews say that there were bubbles. When I installed mine, it had bubbles but they went away the next day by it self. Love the feel and look.

Link to purchase? Thx!

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
That one looks nice and the installation tray is a nice extra. Reviews weren’t very good though. Did you have any of the problems that were listed ?
I have no problems with it at all. The bubbles go away by itself the next day. When I first installed it, there was a huge bubble smack in the middle. I was going to use another brand because it was annoying the heck out of me. I wasnt going to remove it until I received another screen protector. But I’m glad I kept it on because the bubble went away by itself without me doing anything else to it. The installation tray was so easy to use, it’s perfectly aligned. Only con I can think of is the little opening on top that can collect dust. Other than that, it’s perfect. Swiping just feels so smooth. I really do forget there is a protector. As far as the size and fit, I’m using a caudabe lucid clear that basically has no lip, the screen protector is raised more than the lip of the case, so it fits perfectly. I dont want too much of a lip anyway because to me it interferes with swiping.

Last edited:

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I am quite satisfied with mine from iCarez

20171125_145732-jpg.738279

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
Haven't been happy with any of them yet...tried iblason, orzly, tozo...Going to try the icarez based on what I've read here... :)

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I've heard that the red box is the one everyone is recommending. If you look at the amazon reviews also there are significant problems with the white box.

I didn’t read all of the reviews. But I did see that the white box one was the full coverage one, not the red one.

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
Iblason is supposed to send me another they are aware of the bubble issue and are making new ones. They don’t have the new ones produced yet

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I went with the red box one because of what people were saying here. Hopefully that's the good one! ;)

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
So which one is better now? From what I have read, the best one to use is the one that comes in a 1-pack, which is the true 3D. Can you guys confirm?

AccountUserGuy

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2017
So which one is better now? From what I have read, the best one to use is the one that comes in a 1-pack, which is the true 3D. Can you guys confirm?

Where are you reading this? On both amazon and the screen protector thread on this forum its pretty unanimous that the 2-pack one is the best just because the 1-pack one has issues

Reactions: seajewel

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
I have the 2-pack iCarez red box one and it's perfect. It's advertised as 2.5D but the fit is perfect for me and I don't even notice it on my phone.

AccountUserGuy

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2017

Yeah but read the comments under that. It's one guy who says its good and then another guy who bought 2 of the 3D ones and it didn't work. Compare the reviews on amazon to both the red and white box. And then read this thread. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-screen-protectors-skins-merged.2067584/ Where there are even more people who talk about the red box > white box

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007

I have the white box one which is a 1-pack. It is absolutely flawless. It is full coverage and fits perfectly with the thin case that I have. I have posted photos around showing how great it is.

The red one is supposed to be more case-friendly, a couple mm smaller from what I read. I suppose this would accommodate all cases, including some thicker and rugged cases.

I didn’t read what problems others are having with the white box ones. I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me. Perhaps people were using it with thick cases and the glass was too big?

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I ordered the white pack one as it seems to only have a small cut out around the speaker, the two pack ones looked more open around there. I guess I’ll find out in a few days when it comes if it’s good or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.