iPhone X Screen Protectors/Skins [MERGED]

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by james341, Sep 14, 2017.

1. james341, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

james341 macrumors regular

So we have a new iPhone with new big oled screen and it’s time to get organized and order a screen protector.
    It will be great if all of us show the screen protector we want - glass , edge to edge or regular .

The only one I found until now is the Olixar

[​IMG]

It will be helpful.

Thanks

2. Hawkeyeman Suspended

I think I’ll wait until I have a confirmation email with a shipping date

3. MCube74 macrumors 65816

Isn't it too early to talk about screen protectors. There will many more options closer to IPhone X preorder or shipping day.

4. Bleh5 macrumors regular

5. Yogosans14 macrumors regular

I'm so glad the display is flat unlike samsungs gimmicky curved crap which means tempered glass screen protectors are a nightmare for it.

The screen on the X does appear to be 2.5D though so would that mean tempered glass will be bad for this phone? I really hope not they are a life saver for me.

6. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

As a Note 8 owner, the BodyGuardz tempered glass works AMAZING. I get so annoyed when people try to justify something by bashing something else. BTW, I plan on getting another iPhone to use as a 2nd device. I am not stuck in either ecosystem.

7. nameste, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

nameste macrumors regular

8. Ferrarifever macrumors newbie

I ordered it a few days ago and it should arrive next week. On my iPhone 7 Plus I put the 3D glass of imos and I think is the best protector I have ever had the only cons is that not all cases are compatible.

9. nameste, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

nameste macrumors regular

I also see there is cinder version which has a discount if order now but i think not everyone is happy with cinder

10. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Just got an email today from the mob whose screen protectors have covered my phones for the past 5 years... http://www.bestskinsever.com/iphone-x-skins

I'm not even sure if I'm getting the X yet, but there's a better chance I will, so took advantage of their pre-order sale..

They have "case fit" sizes for those not going naked, which is what I always go for.

Any other recommended Screen Protectors/Skins for the X?

11. mrklaw macrumors 68020

I'd like front/back curved glass edge to edge tempered glass protectors, and use those instead of a case

12. blue rocket Suspended

blue rocket

we'll have some beautiful skins available on day 1, www.grfxp.com

13. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

I've never used these before. How are they curved, & do they only cover the front & back (no sides)?

14. mrklaw macrumors 68020

I've never use them either. But on Iphone you can get ones that cover the front right up to the metal edge. They include the coloured bezels too so almost like an entirely new front for your phone.

It’s more a wish than a real thing so far - I’m sure there are front ones but I’ll wait to hear people’s impressions of quality and fit. Back ones I’m not sure exist yet?

15. beach bum macrumors member

beach bum

Peel makes an awesome e2e tempered curved glass screen protector—front only. It’s pricey, but I love it on my 8+. The 7/7+ fits the 8/8+ models. A MR poster, puma1552, recommended this company. The fit is flawless and it feels as though it’s naked, smudges and prints wipe off very easily.

I’m not seeing that they have one yet for the X, so if interested, keep an eye out.

https://buypeel.com/products/iphone-7-screen-protector?variant=32750742279

16. Chromie macrumors member

We might as well use this thread as the sticky thread for screen protectors...

Anywho, what’s some good curved edge to edge glass screen protectors for the X?

17. mrklaw macrumors 68020

As we don’t have any X’s it would be guessing - perhaps based on prior experience of a company

I’m also not sure whether it will be ok to have an edge to edge protector covering the notch - could block some of the elements

18. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Yeah I'd also prefer the notch to be uncovered. At bare minimum, to have all the precise cutouts for the sensors/camera.

19. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Give us a Look. :)

20. Benz63amg macrumors 68030

Benz63amg

Hi guys, i plan on preordering the X this friday, did any of the big name brands like tech armor or spigen release or plan on releasing a Film Screen protector for the X? i am not a fan of glass screen protectors and prefer the film ones much more over the glass ones.

21. Benz63amg macrumors 68030

Benz63amg

I'm surprised no one replied yet. Film screen protectors took a major popularity hit ever since these glasss screen protectors were introduced i just can't stand the glass screen protectors, they can crack and they make the screen much thicker than it should be

22. Planepics macrumors regular

Planepics

23. Benz63amg macrumors 68030

Benz63amg

Zagg has the wet "rubbery" feeling like screen protectors that require a wet install, im talking about the dry film screen protectors

24. Chromie macrumors member

Zagg also the Tempered Glass option that’s an easy install. No spraying or liquid whatsoever