Help: Need a Stand for my 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by imageWIS, Apr 6, 2016.

1. imageWIS macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I just got a new 27" iMac and I am trying to find a stand so I can raise the screen to eye level, but what I found is all pretty terrible. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

How much height do you need?
    For years, I have used a block of wood (2 x 6, by about 12 inches long, just a scrap piece of wood that I found), that lifts mine about 1.5 inches.
    Whatever you use needs to sit square on your desktop, so your iMac doesn't move around. I have some handy shelf protector (that nobbly vinyl stuff that you can find anywhere that kitchen accessories are sold) that I have the iMac sit on, and it doesn't move unless I want it to move.
    You can always paint a block of wood some nice matching color, or contrast for beauty, I suppose. Mine is just a piece of wood, and looks the part :D

3. varian55zx macrumors 6502a

varian55zx

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

How about a soundstage? boost your sound and raise your computer.

6. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

7. tuxon86 macrumors 65816

Never understood why in 2016 Apple doesn't create an adjustable height stand for the iMac...

8. imageWIS thread starter macrumors 6502a

Or even if they don't, at least the ability to remove the stand and add a VESA mount... not you can order either / or and I ordered with the stand because it'll have better resale value in a few years.

9. varian55zx macrumors 6502a

varian55zx

Did you check out rain design?

The mBase is a very stylish and good option.

10. jayducharme macrumors 68030

jayducharme

I was amazed to discover that Apple is even making VESA mounts for the iMac. I had one for my 2010 27" (which I installed myself) and it worked great. It's unfortunate that now a VESA mount can only be added at the factory and can't be swapped out with a stand. I'm surprised that Apple hasn't figured out an elegant way to recreate the simple arrangement they had for the 2010 iMac.