Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the Vision Pro headset, there is an option to activate an Environment that allows you to shut out the world around you. While Apple has mentioned Mount Hood as an Environment you can visit and use as a backdrop, there are several others.

vision-pro-environments.jpg

Apple today released the first version of visionOS, which can be experienced using the latest Xcode beta, and the visionOS update has given us some insight into new visionOS features. Here are the available environments right now:
  • Haleakalā
  • Yosemite
  • Sky
  • Joshua Tree
  • Lake Vrangla
  • Mount Hood
  • The Moon
  • Beach
  • White Sands
  • Winter Light
  • Fall Light
  • Summer Light
  • Spring Light
Vision Pro users will be able to enter a virtual environment by turning the Digital Crown to shut out the real world. Environments can be used as a background for watching movies, using apps, making calls, and more.

(Thanks, Steve Moser!)

Article Link: Here Are All the 'Environments' You Can Experience in visionOS

Last edited:

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Here are the available environments right now:

Haleakala
Yosemite
Sky
Joshua Tree
Lake Vrangla
Mount Hood
The Moon
Beach
White Sands
Winter Light
Fall Light
Summer Light
Spring Light

Disappointed Apple left out the other macOS locations (Mavericks, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma)

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
No environment for Tim Cook's mansion?

Summer light looks like heaven is our environment

Reactions: Lcgiv

Bytor65

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2010
Canada
I noticed in the Disney section of the presentation, they showed watching the Mandalorian, from a Tatooine environment.

That immediately had me wanting to watch all my content from an appropriate environment. Fantasy shows from an old Castle. Star Trek from the Bridge of the enterprise, etc...

tazinlwfl

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Florida
I noticed in the Disney section of the presentation, they showed watching the Mandalorian, from a Tatooine environment.

That immediately had me wanting to watch all my content from an appropriate environment. Fantasy shows from an old Castle. Star Trek from the Bridge of the enterprise, etc...
I imagine there will be a MobileVR Station update and you can watch anything in any environment, 3D movies too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.