Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
katie ta achoo said:
I've boarded up my windows, and I had a good time of it..
(see attachment)

That's a gem, Katie ... thanks for the laugh. Stay safe and I hope any damage can be averted.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
"Oh I tell ya dem winds are a pickin' up out here." :D

I woke up to the howl of wind a few minutes ago, schools been canceled since yesterday to. Turn out this is just a little feeder band.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
katie ta achoo said:
(see attachment)
I will reiterate what others have said, that is a wonderful pic and a really great idea there. You should send the pic to Apple just for the hell of it.

Anyway, have a safe weekend. Good Luck

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Well, we are still in Lafayette. And I don't think we are going to leave. The notion of running our of gas on the interstate and being stuck when this thing comes onshore is not appealing.

It has weakened a bit, but the CDO has started to rebuild, and the pressure is starting to slide south again.

Anyway. Pray.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
joepunk said:
I will reiterate what others have said, that is a wonderful pic and a really great idea there. You should send the pic to Apple just for the hell of it.

Anyway, have a safe weekend. Good Luck

I think I will.. I still have power. the email address that his steveness allegedly checks is sjobs@apple.com, right?
Or maybe, I should wait and send a before and an after.. show how the apple'd window was totally unbroken and awesome. :) (and if I write something about a PM getting destroyed, I might get one.. hmm. :p I keed, I keed!)

This storm is taking freaking FOREVER! when's this stupid hurricane gonna hit already! This guy just said on the news between midnight and 2 am.
And that's hitting GALVESTON, not even Houston!
GEEZ, this storm is crappy. I'm getting antsy waiting for it! The news has me all worked up!
STUPID STORM AND NEWS MEDIA!! AGGGHHH!

The faster it gets here, the faster it leaves. GAH!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
Uhm, like friday midnight, saturady 2 AM ish.

(see attachment)

you are my absolute greatest human of all :D

good luck all you folks in its path. although ive heard its slowing down now. still!

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Our school took in 540 evacuees from Houston today. And worse than that, we got in a wreck with some lady from Sugarland yesterday. Good luck to everyone on the Texas-Louisiana Gulf Coast... :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
emw said:
At least they kind of got it. Hopefully you'll have the right kind of windows by tomorrow! Best of luck.

Nope, I had to write the caption. No one will understand it.

Well, maybe some of the Apple store clerks will look at it. :) hehe

ashon3611

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2004
Austin
looks like its going to miss us... its going more north toward Louisiana. Rita was scurred you dont mess with Texas fool.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
ashon3611 said:
looks like its going to miss us... its going more north toward Louisiana. Rita was scurred you dont mess with Texas fool.

yea, but we're still gonna get some crazy rain.

and wind.

bla!

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
We're dodging tornado warnings here in SE La. There's a training effect of storms coming from the east side. Storms moving at 50mph+ground friction=tornadoes. So the sirens go on and off, but so far nothing much. We just had a wind gust of 55mph.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
So, the hurricane totally didn't hit (my part) of Houston at all. It just got really, really windy.

So, now I have GALLONS of bottled water (somewhere around 20 gallons.. I was filling up water yesterday), boarded up windows, and all the potted plants have been moved, all for naught!

I mean, there wasn't even any thunder; I didn't get woken up last night!

I hope everyone else made it out just as well as I did.

...you know, the hurricane started shifting Eastward after I put up my "no windows" sign.. maybe rita really IS a Mac user! :p

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Glad everything is okay with you Katie! You were definitely very lucky - and maybe you're right about Rita being a Mac user... :p

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
emw said:
Glad everything is okay with you Katie! You were definitely very lucky - and maybe you're right about Rita being a Mac user... :p

Thanks.. and I just noticed in your avatar that the radar goes over an iMac G4 and a PB! That is TOO CUTE and I am unobservant. :p

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I've thought of adding the iPod and the SE, but it gets too crowded :p

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
katie ta achoo said:
Thanks.. and I just noticed in your avatar that the radar goes over an iMac G4 and a PB! That is TOO CUTE and I am unobservant. :p

Woah, that's what those are? Crazy.

Maybe we should try to account for all of our Texan and Louisiana members? It's just a matter of going over state specific threads I suppose.
-Chase

ashon3611

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2004
Austin
all is fine here in missouri city/sugar land (sw suburb of houston) seems like the power didnt go out for longer than 3 secs last night. the traffic is going to be horrible trying to come back in.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
If you read my post earlier today I told yall I was a tfriends house because they had power.
Well.
I'm at my house on generator power now. But damn that thing drinks gas fast! :mad:

Turns out it doesn't take many watts to power a cable modem and router. :cool:

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Well, considering that a couple of days ago TX and LA were looking down the barrel of a Cat 5 with 175mph winds, I'd say that most everyone made out pretty good. Thank goodness that thing wore itself out for the most part before it made landfall.

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
Cooknn said:
Well, considering that a couple of days ago TX and LA were looking down the barrel of a Cat 5 with 175mph winds, I'd say that most everyone made out pretty good. Thank goodness that thing wore itself out for the most part before it made landfall.

Even luckier, from what I've heard, if it slowed down or there was a bit more Gulf before landfall, it could have entered a regenerative cycle and restrengthened. Fortunately, it seems that this storm was much less trouble than it could have been. Unfortunately, it looks like we're not done yet. Here's hoping for the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.