Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
The best was 5am PDT when living on the west coast. You could wake up at 4:55am, place your order, and be back asleep by 5:05am and still have 2 hours before the sun came up to get more sleep.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
Seriously, you can't wait a day or two...or three?

If you do, the delivery date will likely have stretched out to maybe a week, and quite possibly a couple of weeks. Once that happens, your best bet for scoring an iPhone will probably be to virtually stalk local Apple stores (if this year is anything like last year). However, last year, many Apple stores didn't run out of their initial allocation until Saturday or Sunday (after release day). Initially, it was surprisingly easy to just walk into a store and buy one.

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
I am planning on ordering the Airpod Pro 2 USB-C and a Apple Watch Ultra 2 tomorrow at the same time I preorder the 15PM. Will that be under one transaction or 2? Im other words should I just order the Airpods and Watch now and preorder the phone tomorrow
Thanks!

(first time apple user)
I would suggest buying iPhone separately.

You can prepare the order NOW and keep it ready to go. Add to cart and also add your credit card. Apple has made these things quite easy.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
You can prepare the order NOW and keep it ready to go. Add to cart and also add your credit card. Apple has made these things quite easy.
While this is true, I'd like to point out that Apple also closes the online store the night before, and it'll reopen at 8am EDT tomorrow. While the online store is closed, the Apple Store app will be nonfunctional. So, you only have a couple/few hours left to set up a preorder.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
What's worse? Having to wake up before 5 on the west coast to preorder, or trying to preorder when you're getting ready and commuting to work on the east coast? People in the central time zone have it good.

But if you wake up, order it, and work from home you can just go back to bed. It's not entirely a big deal.

Reactions: G5isAlive

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
No matter what timezone is chosen, someone's going to be screwed.

I get what you're doing, but titanium really is a dull industrial color. It's the next "gold". However, if you like it, go for it. 😁
I love it 😭. I would rather have more neutral/‘natural’ colors.

I can’t do gold lol.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Remember the days you had to queue for hours on the day of release to get an iPhone. Queues were ever so long and people would start waiting in line days before. Having to hope they had the model in stock when the Apple staff got around to you. Going from this to online ordering is so much easier.
I long for those times.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
What's worse? Having to wake up before 5 on the west coast to preorder, or trying to preorder when you're getting ready and commuting to work on the east coast? People in the central time zone have it good.
When you realize you didn’t have to wake up early to make your preorder.

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
No matter what timezone is chosen, someone's going to be screwed.

I get what you're doing, but titanium really is a dull industrial color. It's the next "gold". However, if you like it, go for it. 😁
Agreed, titanium really is a dull industrial color. Personally I prefer a dull industrial color. Unfortunately it seems a lot of other folks do too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.