Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Seriously, you can't wait a day or two...or three? Use the delay to actually determine if you even need a new iPhone.
The problem is that Apple pre-builds a fixed number of phones before release date, and it is possible that the phone one wants is already out of stock, which can sometimes mean a wait of weeks - - not a day or two. Waiting weeks sucks because for an annual upgrader it means wasting ~10% of the time one would have a new phone for no value add, because the money expenditure is already committed to be spent.

Why have use of a new device for 11 months instead of 12? That would be a huge value loss. And after months of leaks and days after official announcement very few of us need further "delay to actually determine if you even need a new iPhone."

Last edited:

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
And imagine waiting in line overnight.

lol all unnecessary and certainly Apple concocted that frenzy. It was great press for years.
Quite the contrary. Apple defeated, not "concocted," the frenzy by promptly building in purchasing methodolgy that obviated waiting in line overnight.

sfkeepay

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
In eastern Australia, the Jewish New Year holy days commence a few hours before the pre-order time. Which means that observant Jews cannot pre-order until Sunday evening. Very unfortunate.
Thoughtful comment. But at least that’s the worst thing to ever happen to the Jewish people. Nothing but up from here!

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Guessing we can't use both devices to pre order this year? Did the setup through Apple on my phone, didn't have any issues and even asked me if I was trade in a phone.

But now it's showing when I tried to do the iPad setup (You cannot upgrade till you do a next trade in through att.com then come back to apple). Wondering if I'm locked in now and can't use another device to purchase in case the phone doesn't load on time in the first few minutes - and if it's going to error out?

Already paid off half the device and reflecting on my account today.

tCdemon

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
Placentia, CA, USA
I have lost all faith in "pre order" or "pre sale"...thank you Ticketmaster for ruining my chance in getting tickets for Taylor Swift...but I will still order the new iPhone...in November as usually.

tweaknmod

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
I kindly ask that my fellow forum members hold off for a solid few moments so that I can get my order in, before proceeding. I would greatly appreciate everyone's cooperation and understanding. :D
I mean, ok, but I’ve been waiting since I got my 12 Pro - how much longer do I need to wait?!

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
I can’t wait to pre-order!

and ugh the Natural Titanium is soooo ugly. worst color I have ever seen!

y’all are better off getting one of the other three colors. 😎
Well, here’s the failsafe. People who order the natural titanium have an opportunity to look at the other colors if they choose pick up during ordering. So if they don’t fancy it and they have enough inventory on hand on launch day, and provided you have an early enough pick up time then you can simply just exchange for another color.

Sammy in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
I’ve upgraded every year, except this year — Underwhelming updates.
Enjoy preorders
That’s one way to look at it. Here’s another way. For an iPhone; first usb-c with decent data transfer speed(pros), first titanium sides with aluminum frame, first time no mute switch mappable action button instead, first phone with ray tracing, the pros are more repairable(will be interesting to see what replacement costs will be for screen and back), first phone with tetra prism tech for that 5x zoom which having 5x is a first, first phone with spatial video recording. 8GB of ram now. And of course all the other stuff to bring your connectivity to date such as updated modem, Wi-FI, better U1, and no more bionic name. Underwhelming to you, whelming to me.

gdao08

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2019
Does anyone ever see a difference in delivery dates/times between shipping to your home or picking up from an Apple Store ?

JimmyHook

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2015
I am planning on ordering the Airpod Pro 2 USB-C and a Apple Watch Ultra 2 tomorrow at the same time I preorder the 15PM. Will that be under one transaction or 2? Im other words should I just order the Airpods and Watch now and preorder the phone tomorrow
Thanks!

(first time apple user)
I’d do separate orders

Jandalf

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Getting the 15 Pro Max! Probably going with natural titanium. I’m also getting their polishing cloth.
Rumors were, that titanium is less affected by fingerprints compared to the „NASA-grade“ steel… 🙃 we‘ll see when we get the thing. My greasy oily hands can’t wait…

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I completely missed the fact that different SoCs were being used for regular and Pro/Max models. My brain thought that each year was a new SoC ... A13/A13 Bionic ... A14/A14 Bionic ... A15/A15 Bionic ... etc. But that is not the case after all. 🤯 At some point, they used the previous Bionic variant for the next regular iPhone model, with the newer Bionic powering the Pro/Max. Now, with the A17, they went with a Pro name out of the gate. Getting messy!

Fun Fact ... the original A-series processor ... the A4 from 2010 ... used a 45 nanometer process. The A17 Pro uses the latest THREE nanometer process. We've come a long way in 13 years!

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

ethanwa79

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
I’ve upgraded every year, except this year — Underwhelming updates.
Enjoy preorders
Same. I’ve had an iPhone on DAY 1, every single release, since the original iPhone in 2007. Stood in line, woke up to pre-order… everything. I’ve been the “new iPhone” guy so much you’d think Apple was paying me to be a walking advertisement.

This will be the first year EVER that I won’t be upgrading. Personally, I find it to be the most lackluster upgrade ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.