Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Maybe where the "crown" or "OP" label goes there can be a number for everyone else that shows how many times they've posted within that specific thread. Maybe clicking this number will popup a list of their posts and you can click them to view them like clicking the arrows in a quote?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
we can change the design. it's on right now.

arn

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
we can change the design. it's on right now.

arn

a-mazing! Really this will help so much...

Now the only thing left is to allow us to highlight threads in Forum Spy and i'll never ask for anything else!;)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It's a nice implementation and very clean...I wonder if it's too clean. People want to be able to tell at a glance, even almost out of the corner of their eye, who the OP is. Maybe an icon as suggested by others, or in color.

Of course, one of the great things about MR is the clean interface, so we want to avoid being too gaudy with it. Tough line to walk sometimes.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's a nice implementation and very clean...I wonder if it's too clean. People want to be able to tell at a glance, even almost out of the corner of their eye, who the OP is. Maybe an icon as suggested by others, or in color.

Of course, one of the great things about MR is the clean interface, so we want to avoid being too gaudy with it. Tough line to walk sometimes.

ya, my original plan was to change the color of the datebar for the post, but thought it might be too much. The other consideration is to place it in the top of the body of the message itself, so you read it right before you read the actual post.

arn

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Actually, I may retract my previous comments...I'm getting more used to it and it really is proving quite helpful without being overbearing. :eek: :D

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
ya, my original plan was to change the color of the datebar for the post, but thought it might be too much. The other consideration is to place it in the top of the body of the message itself, so you read it right before you read the actual post.

arn

I think the idea of changing the color of the datebar would be very good, it doesn't have to be something too shiny, just a little deeper shade of the same color that can be differentiated at a glance and does not distract too much.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007

arn

What about a small icon (star, crown, etc) near the "on/off" indicator and "report post" button? I don't know about other people, but my eyes are usually naturally drawn to the indicator at least once when I first read a post.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
What about a small icon (star, crown, etc) near the "on/off" indicator and "report post" button? I don't know about other people, but my eyes are usually naturally drawn to the indicator at least once when I first read a post.

The problem with the color and the icon is that most people won't know what it means.

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
while I was at it, I bolded the username of your own posts.

arn

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
You click on a user's name when they post or in their profile and add them to your buddy list.

I even added myself to make it my own posts visible.

Incredible... but I also want a way that I can see highlighted the threads in which I posted... Do you have another one of those tricks?

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Incredible... but I also want a way that I can see highlighted the threads in which I posted... Do you have another one of those tricks?

The little check box doesn't do it for you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.