Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Your prior hyperbolic statement was “completely destroy all competition.” Blind tests have shown that’s statement to be false”.

This kind of thing is always open to personal taste, but overwhelmingly the HomePods are rated much higher than pretty much everything in the Sonos range.

Reactions: Woyzeck

tubular

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2011
So CD quality will be worse than lossless rips from a... CD?

Maybe I put it poorly. If the rip is lossless, and the transmission is lossless -- both of which are true of you're running a pair of HomePods from a lossless rip in a home iTunes library -- then that's two kinds of potential sound degradation that are now out of the equation. Both lossy rips and lossy transmission via BlueTooth work against sound fidelity.
[doublepost=1547485937][/doublepost]
Do you even own one? I have 2 but I really want a 3rd...next time they go down to $250 I am on it.
I've got two, but a third isn't out of the question.

McTool

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2016
About 1/3 of the American citizenry believe they are superior to any person not an American citizen.
About 1/3 of the world citizenry believe they are superior to any American citizen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.