Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

HomePod Mini Shipping Times Slip into January Across Europe as Global Stocks Dwindle

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I was so happy to replace my google homes with 4 of these. Then I found the shortcomings of Siri I have my entire home with philips hue lighting. Google could turn and entire room on and off or just a group/scene again on or off.......that’s where the trouble begins. Ex I have a feeling fan with 4 lights in it I would ask google to turn on/off living room fan (scene) Siri can’t do that first of all it can only turn it on by saying set living room fan!!!! What that’s not natural speech and forget about turning off the same scene it can’t your only option is to turn one light off at a time or every light in the room. Sadly I now have a google home and HomePod mini in every room :-/ I’m disappointed
Are you sure your Hue lights are sync'd to Siri properly? I have a lot of disappointments with the Homepod Mini, but the hue integration isn't one of them.

Comment

Jgltno

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
All that waiting and they are probably a load of crap anyway.

As far as i can tell from searching online they have that boxed in sound just like the original HomePod, no tone or treble, just loads of base.
How about actually buying or testing one for yourself before shi*tting all over it with you’re baseless reviews? I own homepods and minis and the sound is incredible for it’s size. What exactly do you expect from a speaker that is 3 inches tall? Here we go with the dam haters. It never fails. Good luck to ya.

Comment

k1121j

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
Are you sure your Hue lights are sync'd to Siri properly? I have a lot of disappointments with the Homepod Mini, but the hue integration isn't one of them.
Yes rooms are all setup Properly I did Google it and apparently Siri is not capable of turning a scene off a.k.a. a group of lights. The only way to turn a group of lights off is to turn in entire room off but I only want to turn one group of lights off not the entire room At this point I can ask Google to turn the ceiling fan off a scene and it works fine

Comment

Htsi

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2020
I got it along with the thread bulb. Both going back. Hue + HomePod is best. Mini +Nanoleaf bleh.

Comment

Htsi

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2020
It doesnt compare to the OG HomePod, it sounds good in a bathroom or average size bedroom but large living spaces need a bigger speaker.
Bought it for bathroom. Still not good. Clarity is lacking in any size of room

Comment

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
No, but you’re in the overall minority.

Siri is Straight garbage if you think otherwise I don’t know what to tell you but it’s flat out the truth.

As I said in my original post, home pod mini is for people who can’t afford a full sonos system for sound.

I’d compare it more to the Amazon echo Dot which is far more capable than the home pod with 3rd party integration.
Eh I have Sonos zones in a few rooms and a bunch of Mini's/HomePods. I would like at least to see the ability for the Sonos app to play to AirPlay2 devices in addition to the speakers.

Comment

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Yes rooms are all setup Properly I did Google it and apparently Siri is not capable of turning a scene off a.k.a. a group of lights. The only way to turn a group of lights off is to turn in entire room off but I only want to turn one group of lights off not the entire room At this point I can ask Google to turn the ceiling fan off a scene and it works fine
Oh, scene. My bad, I have no reading comprehension evidently. :\

• Haha
Reactions: k1121j
Comment

hagar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Hopefully this means they are a succes. And will this encourage Apple to release in more countries and support additional languages.

Comment

Htsi

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2020
Glad to see others share the opinion that the mini does not sound good. Sure it’s $99 but price is not everything. And yes, it’s not enough for my bathroom. Already have a stereo pair of HomePods. $200 sale price is a better option than even a stereo pair of minis. I also dislike the consistent on light along with no illumination on the + & -

Comment

k1121j

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
Hopefully this means they are a succes. And will this encourage Apple to release in more countries and support additional languages.
i would not jump to that conclusion yet i just plugged back in my googles :( i hate google but siri just wont cut it yet not even close its not capable or reliable in all my experience

Comment

itsbennyfuchs

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2019
Berlin
Ship dates were already mid January in Germany since the day preorders went live 😐

In Berlin there is no in store pickup 😐
Annoying! Given the fact that the Berlin area has got approx. 4M inhabitants. Not to mention that there is ONLY ONE Apple store in Berlin. Yea community you heard it right, one ...

Comment

Heres2thecrazy

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2017
GTown
This. This is one of my favorite things about my HomePod. Is the SIRI integration with Hue. It works flawlessly for me with Scenes/Individual lights/Colors etc.

Comment

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I have mine, but really was expecting better sound smh. I’m going to keep it Lol, but I wish there was a little more bass at least.

Comment

ironpony

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
md
Mine came with an 18W charger, continually blinks orange, Apple says to return entire thing, guess I'll be in the January window as well.

Comment

hiroi

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2018
Tokyo
Here in Tokyo, the white one is readily available for pick up but the black one has some wait time (about 3-4 weeks).

Comment

CarlJ

macrumors 603
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
First time you ordered an apple product on launch day? 25 minutes...that’s pretty late.
Yeah, he must be new here. I ordered less than 5 minutes after launch. It arrived on the 17th (with a delivery window of 16th-17th). Might have gotten it a day or two earlier if I'd done express shipping. But the outraged "25 M-I-N-U-T-E-S" is hilarious.

I got a second one from BestBuy yesterday, curbside pickup, a couple hours after I ordered it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.