Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Actually there is fall off in hearing starting in mid teens. And in reflexes.
im in my mid-late 20s and i can hear it. in fact i can hear whine on my 2017 15" but that requires the room to be silent and press my ear to my computer. THAT i agree is ridiculous and i didnt know it existed until i heard the whine on the 16" which is way more clear

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
@impulse462

There is no problem.
The new 16" is fantastic and it's "the best MacBook Pro we've ever made"..

Did you forget to have a glass of Apple Kool-Aid this morning?
:p ;) :)

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
@impulse462

There is no problem.
The new 16" is fantastic and it's "the best MacBook Pro we've ever made"..

Did you forget to have a glass of Apple Kool-Aid this morning?
:p ;) :)
I did go to the dentist this morning so i haven't had anything to eat or drink. that could be the reason.

being objective though, i dont mind the coil whine really, in fact i rarely hear it now even when writing stuff to the ssd. i just dont like that people give apple a pass. with steve and his "reality distortion field" (aka BS feeder) gone I thought more people would come to their senses.

I am sure there are some people who don't hear these noises either due to bad hearing or their particular computer but the blind fantacism is what gave us the butterfly keyboards which were a complete disaster.

anyway I wish the screen was a little less warm, but overall I'm much more satisfied with the 16" mainly due to the keyboard and updated thermals. as you said though this is what should have been introduced in 2016 and is more of a course correction

Reactions: turbineseaplane

TeCH-Guruz

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2019
How come when everyone is so excited about their purchases that they are automatically willing to ignore big mistakes, and ready to lie to them self, just to justify their purchases? This is really pissing me off. I just recived my Macbook pro 16, and surley it has everything that it´s written in macumors users.

1. Some hissing cat sound, i guess this is the harddrive
2. The screen is really dimm, not as bright as the 2018/2019 macbook pro 15, and i´m not even a pro user, i noticed it directly when started web browser.
3. And offcourse, the crazy popping noise in youtube when changing between tracks.

This can´t be something minor, or something happening to few users, so f##k every reviewer out there in youtube, that´s ignoring this, just because they got their laptop for free from Apple.
1. I haven't noticed any coil whine with my unit.
2. My screen looks good not going to lie though I do miss the matte option I had on my 2011 17incher.
3. Seems like a software issue which to be fair is much less serious than some of the software issues that have plagued windoze 10, you know like deleting everyones data when doing forced upgrades.

evoixdan

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2010
How come when everyone is so excited about their purchases that they are automatically willing to ignore big mistakes, and ready to lie to them self, just to justify their purchases? This is really pissing me off. I just recived my Macbook pro 16, and surley it has everything that it´s written in macumors users.

2. The screen is really dimm, not as bright as the 2018/2019 macbook pro 15, and i´m not even a pro user, i noticed it directly when started web browser.
3. And offcourse, the crazy popping noise in youtube when changing between tracks.

This can´t be something minor, or something happening to few users, so f##k every reviewer out there in youtube, that´s ignoring this, just because they got their laptop for free from Apple.

Not all you tubers are ignoring issues. Tally Ho Tech talks adamantly about the screen dimness and says to return yours if the NITS aren't where they should be. Said he experienced it on the i7 model.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I don't have any of these "problems" you described.

I bought it because there is option for 8TB SSD and it runs faster. The rest of the computer seems working just fine. I don't go around comparing it to the my older computer because I'm not going to back to my older computer.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken

It is a common phenomenon with Apple products. Fans on the one hand like to say that the higher price of Apple products are worth it because their products are so good and better than the competition and on the other hand they'll excuse issues and defects because every other company's products have defects too. ?

It's kind of like buying a new car... the salesman claims that the car is of world-class quality and will last forever and worth every penny, but by the time you get to the finance guy, he's talking about how the car will need a new engine a week after the warranty expires as a reason why the extended warranty is a must-have. ?

With car salesmen, I can understand it... they're trying to make a buck... but with Apple customers, why they gaslight themselves remains a mystery.

Reactions: Queen6

-narcan-

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
While I can understand the sentiment, know that the first generation of miniLED is very much going to be a beta test.

I’m buying this generation specifically to *avoid* miniLED. Can only imagine the lottery that’ll be for the first generation.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA

Yeah mine screen sucks too it's really yellow and dim IMO.

sWitched back to my base model 2019 15"

netromac

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2004
Norway
I must be lucky, because mine seems like a perfect example.

I bought one since I've been holding out since the original retina MBP, and this version seems to be the first worthy successor. So far I've been very happy. The screen is a lot better than my old MBP, and everything is much much faster. Was actually thinking about going windows for a While, but after testing som of them, I decided to just use my old MCP, and hope eventually Apple would fix all the problem with the previous MCP-line. I think they delivered what we wanted, and while everything could potentially be better, I'm for now very happy with my purchase.

Reactions: Arise2B

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Out of all the issues the OP mentioned, the biggest one for me is the display brightness and that’s the only reason I haven’t upgraded yet. I always have the screen brightness set at maximum as for some reason my eyes can’t cope with dim screens.

And as some displays are better than others, I simply can’t be arsed to enter the lottery and hope that I get a good unit, my closest Apple store is about a 30 minute drive and I am not one of those people going into the store and swapping the laptop and hoping for a better one... it’s just easier not to upgrade at all. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
This thread is funny because the amount of compromise people accepted with the 2016-2019 15" MBP's is astounding.

Let's review:

- Throttling
- Overheating
- Keyboard failure
- Flex Cable failure
- Pathetic Battery Life

I love the revisionist history in here from people who used the previous models like they were some God-send product that was perfect and now that Apple has screwed up. Apple listened to a lot of complaints with the previous models and tried to address them. Is it a perfect laptop, no, because a perfect laptop doesn't exist.

The compromisers are the users of the 2016-2019 15" models. Those models are the ultimate compromise on what is supposed to be a Pro machine.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
This thread is funny because the amount of compromise people accepted with the 2016-2019 15" MBP's is astounding.

Let's review:

- Throttling
- Overheating
- Keyboard failure
- Flex Cable failure
- Pathetic Battery Life

I love the revisionist history in here from people who used the previous models like they were some God-send product that was perfect and now that Apple has screwed up. Apple listened to a lot of complaints with the previous models and tried to address them. Is it a perfect laptop, no, because a perfect laptop doesn't exist.

The compromisers are the users of the 2016-2019 15" models. Those models are the ultimate compromise on what is supposed to be a Pro machine.

agreed, so much bitter in here

the 16" is the best machine since 2015, bar ****ing none.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Ahh the old "data point of one"..

Sounds like the problems must not exist then, yeah?

Love you bud, and keep fighting the good fight, but you have said many times you don't own this laptop, so you should probably stop talking about it. Yes, the people with obvious hardware issues should get replacements, like always. The couple of obvious software issues should get fixed, but people have mentioned it for year so I guess we will see.

My main issue is you complaining about issues with a laptop you don't own, or use. I am not sure how you think you can discus any issues besides what you do which is reqoute and on and on and on.

We all know this isn't a perfect laptop, but it is the best from Apple in a long while. Now it may not meet your specs, hopes, etc, but it is a solid upgrade for most people. And yes, it has issues that need to be resolved.

-narcan-

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
We all know this isn't a perfect laptop, but it is the best from Apple in a long while. Now it may not meet your specs, hopes, etc, but it is a solid upgrade for most people. And yes, it has issues that need to be resolved.

Nothing is perfect for everyone all the time. We all like to whinge about the imperfections, but after using it for a couple weeks, I wouldn’t give it up for any previous models, and I’d struggle to think of any non Apple laptop that could replace it and be better (ignoring the OS)

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018

Simple. This stuff isn't happening to everyone. In fact, MORE people don't have this problem compared to those who do.

F*&K everyone on youtube who's not bringing this up and is only ignoring this because, as you assume, they got it for free? That's kind of childish to not consider that perhaps these folks aren't having these issues. The level of emotional outburst to logical conclusion ratio is outrageous.

Before you shift all of those emotions toward me, I have the 2018 6 CORE macbook pro and I am being effected by several problems that an apple tech is trying to help me with. I also HATE Apple for canceling the 1 year warranty program right when people who were going to buy it because of those same issues, would be doing so. So I'm not some fan boy who is just sticking up for Apple because I have zero issues. I'm just a fair person who looks at things for the facts involved, instead of how I FEEL about it.

My advice? Settle down and don't take the issues you're dealing with so personally. Send it in for a repair, or replacement.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
You can deffently forget all the mainstream reviewers like Ijustine,Marque Brown n Company,Specially ijustine or whatever the name is, she´s just reading from a paper, whatever Apple wants her to tell.

Do you honestly think anyone who wants an honest review of an Apple product is watching an iJustine review? No one, and I mean NO ONE is doing that. Here whole schtick is that she's a cute girl with a lot of money that gushes over Apple products. There is no substance or content to her videos in regards to actual performance of Apple products.

For every iJustine that gushes over Apple products, there is an Apple hater who's sole purpose is to constantly bash the company no matter what they do (see Linus Tech Tips). Having a problem with iJustine's reviews is comical because her channel has never been about being a serious Apple reviewer. Her name is IJUSTINE for God's sake, what the hell do you think she is going to say about Apple products?

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2019
…there is an Apple hater who's sole purpose is to constantly bash the company no matter what they do (see Linus Tech Tips)…
I’ve seen Linus move between iOS and Android for his personal device for years (though not since the iPhone X). Just this year I’ve seen him praise the 2019 iMac and iPhone 11’s. It wasn’t him in the flesh (one of his employees), but his channel praised the 15” 2019 MacBook Pro for managing to stay above base clock without changing the chassis design.

I don’t know who you’re watching, or if you’ve formed your very far reaching opinion from one particular video, but I can’t take someone who calls a fair reviewer a ruthless hater seriously.

Reactions: shardey

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Love you bud, and keep fighting the good fight, but you have said many times you don't own this laptop, so you should probably stop talking about it.

I can't have an opinion on a situation or product unless I personally own and use it?
That's nonsense and you know it.

This forum would have almost no traffic and no opinions or dicussion if that were the bar for conversation and commentary.
[automerge]1575652143[/automerge]

My main issue is you complaining about issues with a laptop you don't own, or use.

Again - Totally disagree, sorry.
I'm not going to kowtow to that minimum bar for opinion or commentary on a situation or product.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.