Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Hello,
I want the pictures I took with my iPhone on my iMac as .jpg or .png files.
I browsed the internet but it only describes albums I can not cope with.
I used some discontinued tool by iSkySoft but there should be an easy way.
;JOOP!

Super Spartan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2018
Dubai
iMazing is what you need. It allows you to easily copy files, photos, music to and from any iOS device to any other device.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Thanks, may be the right tip.
But, once I bought iTransfer for the same purpose and it corrupted part of my iPhone.
Then again, is macOS ill-equiped to transfer from and to its own brand? I can't believe that.
;JOOP!

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
Thanks, may be the right tip.
But, once I bought iTransfer for the same purpose and it corrupted part of my iPhone.
Then again, is macOS ill-equiped to transfer from and to its own brand? I can't believe that.
;JOOP!
Why not just export the photos as JPG from the Photo app on the Mac ? ?
It really is just a matter of drag and drop on the desktop/folder. ??‍♂️

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Why not just export the photos as JPG from the Photo app on the Mac ? ?
It really is just a matter of drag and drop on the desktop/folder. ??‍♂️
This. Or, if you don't want to drag & drop, you can simply select the desired photos and go to File > Export and see a couple options. The screenshot shows that I have selected 4 photos:

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 7.52.55 AM.png

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If you don't use iCloud to sync the photos then iMazing would be the best way to do bulk transfers.

If you're just talking about a few photos what I do is export them to Notes (synced to iCloud) on the iPhone and get them on Mac in Notes (synced to iCloud).

imp3rator

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2019
Lol it is one step more - simple choose photos in photos app and export them wherever you want as jpg. Maybe you don’t have mac, or you have 200GB of photos and free 5Gb of free icloud storage, than you must a 3rd party app...

Edit : you have an imac so there is no problem.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Dropbox.

Google Photos.

Dropbox, the app on the Mac, will even ask you if you want to import photos when you connect the phone. Aside from that, automatic uploads to the Camera Uploads folder goes direct.

Dropbox is how I get photos from all my phones to unsupported PowerPC Macs and old Intel Macs.

Google Photos works much the same.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Thanks to you all; I played your suggestions and they work.
I will also investigate iMazing; it looks more complete and simpler when you want to go the other way.
May be I got confused by the disability to get rid of those imports and the message "Wrong format"
on "review Imports".
Anyway, thank you all and happy 2020.
;JOOP!

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Maybe you don’t have mac, or you have 200GB of photos and free 5Gb of free icloud storage, than you must a 3rd party app...
Or you could open your browser to icloud.com > log in > download images from there with a mac, windows, linux, raspbian, solaris or just about any OS.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Funny, in my opening post I stated that I got a mac.
Anyway, I could also make pictures with my SONY, which flawlessly mounts on my iMac
and behaves as an USB stick. Etc. Etc.

Case closed please.
;JOOP!

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Funny, in my opening post I stated that I got a mac.
It is also quite funny that you are connecting cables to move files between devices like it is 1990, and yet we have still attempted to politely assist you.

iPhone > Settings > Username > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos = On ( read the small print below this setting on your iPhone )
iMac > User Preferences > AppleID > iCloud > Photos = Check ( Apps on this Mac using iCloud )

Photo taken on iPhone will automatically appear on iMac within the Photos App ( no cables required ).

Case Closed.
;JOOP!!

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
It is also quite funny that you are connecting cables to move files between devices like it is 1990, and yet we have still attempted to politely assist you.

iPhone > Settings > Username > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos = On ( read the small print below this setting on your iPhone )
iMac > User Preferences > AppleID > iCloud > Photos = Check ( Apps on this Mac using iCloud )

Photo taken on iPhone will automatically appear on iMac within the Photos App ( no cables required ).

Case Closed.
;JOOP!!
I don't quite understand this reply.
First: if you have problems with the existence of USB ports on the iMac, why not tell Tim Cook himself.
Second: it is MY choice to make use of wireless connections or not.
Third: the suggestions by the others were NOT compelling and quite polite.
Last: Joop is my name, if you like it or not.

Reactions: wardie

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I don't quite understand this reply.
I'll try to assist.

First: if you have problems with the existence of USB ports on the iMac, why not tell Tim Cook himself.
I have zero issues with the USB ports. If I did, I would create a new thread.

Second: it is MY choice to make use of wireless connections or not.
Plug your device into the computer. Navigate to the device photo folder via Finder. You mentioned taking pictures on your iPhone and moving them to your Mac. We gave many possible solutions. The proper response is to choose the best and thank the responder.

Third: the suggestions by the others were NOT compelling and quite polite.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I did not see any responses that were not compelling AND polite.

Last: Joop is my name, if you like it or not.
I very much like it! ;JOOP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.